Thursday, October 15, 2009

1, 2, 3 .......jump

On the encouragment of several stitching friends, having mentioned I was considering doing a blog, I've finally taken the plunge and set this up. I'm not sure how this will go. To be honest, I'm amazed I've actually managed to get this far without needing help!! So, this is my blog, one that will mostly be about my stitching exploits and a way for me to keep track of what I actually achieve in my stitching. Currently I'm working on Sheepish Designs Betsy which has been very kindly lent to me by a stitching friend. Why I never bought this when it was available is beyond me. Lesson learnt ....... if I like a pattern, buy it because you never know when it will become OOP. Of course, perfect reason for me to buy more stash, something that I have more than enough of already. But, I think that's a very familiar story with stitchers! I'm not going to attempt to post a picture of my progress on this piece today. I think I've managed to do well enough getting this written! A picture to follow, hopefully in my next post!

6 comments:

sherry ♥ lee said...

You sly boots!!!! You never said a thing...and we were talking about writing...and I'm sitting here, as you might say, "gobsmacked"!! With the biggest smile on my face!!! Well done and what a fabulous idea!!!! ♥

Katrina said...

Woohoo Lois! I am so happy you decided to do a blog, you will love it :-).

Jackie in UK said...

Hi Lois,

Such a pretty blog..... I am looking forward to seeing your photos! You might want to put on a counter for visitors - it is amazing to see how many people visit!

Hugs,

Jackie x

rebecca said...

Welcome to the blogging world. I am sure you will love it. I love your first featured piece. I have wanted to stitch this for about a year now. I will enjoy watching it progress for you. Are you planning to frame it or do something else with it?

Linen Stitcher said...

Welcome, welcome, WELCOME to the online stitching community!! As one who shared your original trepidation about blogging, I must say that I'm glad I took the plunge, and I'm betting you'll feel that way as well. Get ready to "meet" a wonderful group of stitchers and see some pretty fantastic and inspiring stitching.

For now I'll just say thanks for sharing your progress on "Betsy." I own this pattern, and I always love it when a stitcher shares progress on a project I haven't been able to get to yet. That's my inspiration to keep working my way through all of my stash!!

z.lisk-swain said...

welcome to blogging!