Thursday, October 29, 2009

A finish, a start and a WIP

Yes, I have a finish to report! I put the final stitches in Betsy late yesterday afternoon but thought I'd wait until today to share my happy dance in the hope that I could get a better picture in natural daylight. Unfortunately the weather is not co-operating, it's another one of those autumn days that we've been having lately, dark and dreary, raining on and off and any chance of natural daylight today is remote given that the lights have stayed on ever from I got up this morning and they're likely to stay on the rest of the day. So, please excuse my picture-taking skills or lack thereof! I'm so pleased that I have this finished. I plan on getting it framed at some point. I am waiting for my first piece back from a new-to-me framer and I am keeping my fingers crossed that I might have finally found a framer who's on the same wavelength as me when it comes to framing needlework pieces. Anyway, here is Betsy in all her finished glory!


Sheepish Designs Betsy stitched on 32ct Belfast linen Light Sand using recommended DMC

Next is a pic of SB's Quaker Heart. I only got round to adding this to my stash about a month ago and couldn't resist doing a few stitches when it first arrived. I love the colours in this one. I am a long-time SB fan, a lot of the framed pieces on my walls are of the older SB band samplers and I just love the colours they use in their designs. While I don't plan to concentrate solely on this one for the next little while I think it will work up quite quickly.



SB Quaker Heart kit stitched on 32ct Irish Creme using Au Ver a Soie Gloriana & Soie Belle Silks

Finally, let me share a WIP. I am attempting to stitch the relevant Plum Street Samplers Quaker Calendar for each month and was managing to do quite well at keeping up with my plan until I reached the summer. Unfortunately then I hit a blip and they were put to one side for a little while. So, yes, I'm working on the September one, the one for October is but a glint in my eye and we'll not think about November just yet! However, I have to say, this is probably the first 'series' that I have started out in January determined to stitch one each month and I've managed to sort of keep on track and not fall by the wayside around March! So far I have up to June finished as pinkeeps and have them displayed in a bowl. Okay, yes, I am somewhat behind on finishing them as pinkeeps but, hopefully in the not too distant future I'll set aside a 'finishing' day and get a few more put together.



Plum Street Samplings Quaker Calendar V stitched on 32ct Belfast linen Antique Ivory using recommended DMC


So, that's what's been going on in my part of the world lately. In amongst Quaker Hearts and Quaker Calendars I'm deciding on a Christmas ornament to stitch for an exchange and I'd like to try and make a decision today on which one to work on and get started on it.
Until next time ......

11 comments:

staci said...

Congrats on finishing Betsy...she's absolutely divine!

sherry ♥ lee said...

I'm loving seeing all the bits and pieces of what you are working on...and I adore this Betsy fully done. It was looking lovely as you worked it but finished?? It's so "you"!!! :)

Cari said...

Congrats on your finish - Betsy is such lovely design. Sheepish Designs are one of my favorites!

I can't wait to see your new SB.

Enjoy your day.

Sadie said...

Beautiful finish Lois :-)
congratulations.
Love your SB quaker heart.

Deb said...

A big congrats on finishing Betsy. That is a great pattern! Love your Quaker Heart too. Are you going to frame it or finish it off into an ornament. I'm still on the fence as to what to do with mine!

Karoline said...

Congratulations on finishing Betsy, she's lovely.

Your other wips are looking lovely

Katrina said...

Oh pretty! Congrats on the finish, I love Betsy :-).

I have Quaker Heart ordered, it's so cute.

Michelle said...

Congratulations on a lovely finish - I love the colours in that piece!

Melissa said...

Betsy looks wonderful. She is waiting patiently in my stash basket...maybe next year!

Siobhan said...

Woohoo! Congrats on the finish, Lois. Betsy is fabulous!

I like the new SB start, too... and your Quaker Months are wonderful! I hope you'll share a pic of the pinkeeps you've already done in the series. :)

Linen Stitcher said...

Hooray! "Betsy" is done, and she looks fabulous!! Good thing I already own this pattern, or I'd be looking to purchase it for my stash!!