Friday, October 16, 2009

So here I go with a picture

Having surprised myself with actually managing to do a post yesterday I'm taking the next step and doing this post with a picture! Here is my progress on Sheepish Designs Betsy. I'm stitching this on 32ct Belfast Light Sand and using the listed DMC. I love the colours in this one. Today I plan to stitch more of the alphabet and maybe make a start on the tree on the far right hand side. I still need to decide how to stitch the 9 in the year. I am not the fastest of stitchers but I try and stitch a little every day. Some days I can be on a roll and get a good chunk of time to stitch, other days it's just a case of a few threads. Mind you, even if it's only a few threads you still see some progress. I haven't had much time to do more than a couple of threads in the last two days so today I plan to remedy that and get a good chunk of stitching time in!

4 comments:

sherry ♥ lee said...

Lois this is beautiful. The colours are gorgeous and the pattern is beautiful. I am always happily amazed when I see how far your stitching has come over the years. What a gift!

Siobhan said...

Woohoo Lois! I am so glad that you're doing a blog now. :) Fabulous progress on Betsy--the colors are wonderful! I'm another one who missed out on some of the Sheepish Designs things when they went OOP. I could smack myself upside the head because I was too busy buying cutesie stuff while designers like GH & SD retired. I'm glad GH is out of retirement.

Anyhoo, I'm so psyched that you're blogging! :)

Katrina said...

Love your Betsy! It's such a gorgeous piece. I have a few of their designs and I am constantly checking ebay for more, LOL.

Jackie in UK said...

This is looking really pretty Lois and I think you are making good progress on it, it is not taking you long at all!

Looking forward to the next update :-)

Jackie x