Friday, November 13, 2009

The latest stitching goings-on around here

I can’t believe Friday has rolled round again. Where do the days go too? Below is a picture of my progress on SB’s Quaker Heart. I only picked this up again yesterday afternoon but it is stitching up so quickly that this should be a finish by the next time I blog. It’s the first SB kit I’ve worked on in a while and I’m loving stitching this. I love the design, I love the colours, I love the fabric, but, most of all? I love the silks. It’s made me realise it’s been too long since I stitched with silks and I’m not ready to stop stitching with them just yet. Christmas ……. ornaments ……..Cranberry Belle Soie …….think that’s the direction I’ll be headed once Quaker Heart is completed.

Latest progress on SB's Quaker Heart


The only other stitching news is that I’ve finished the ornament I was working on for the exchange but I’m keeping that under wraps for now. I’ll share a picture at a later date as I was pleased with how it turned out.

Thanks for all your lovely comments about my framed EE&F Love Letters. I definitely think this framer is a keeper and, aside from doing a great job, she didn’t charge me the earth! Another very definite plus! And, after my complaining about the rain last time? This week has been somewhat better. We’ve still had rain but it hasn’t felt like it was incessant and there have been several mornings that once it was daylight there was blue sky and sun. Makes such a difference! Have a good weekend everyone and hope all is well in your part of the world.

Until next time…..

9 comments:

Cari said...

I think I have this one in my stash somewhere - hmmm, I may just have to dig it out. It's a lovely piece and I enjoy watching your progress.

Enjoy your weekend!

Tracey said...

This is so pretty- last time I saw someone had stitched it I added it to my ever-growing wishlist. :)

Rowyn said...

Love your SB project, very pretty and nice colours in it.

Melissa said...

Such a pretty piece!

sherry ♥ lee said...

More juicy colours! Isn't it a lovely feeling to go back to using something we've enjoyed before -- like you with the silks -- and realize how much we enjoy it and don't want to stop? It's like discovering something new all over again!

Have a delightful weekend...may the sun shine both days!

Deb said...

Isn't that heart the greatest thing to stitch. I'm like you and always love when I stitch one of their kits because of the silks. How are you going to finish this off - frame it or make it into an ornament. Mine is still sitting waiting for me to make up my mind about what I want to do with it.

Katrina said...

Love the Quaker Heart! Aren't the SB silks so much fun to work with :-).

Glad you are having better weather too.

Brigitte said...

This is one of my favourite SB hearts. You will soon be done with it.

Siobhan said...

I love it, Lois! Great progress. I hear you on the silks. I'm trying to remember that I *can* stitch with DMC, I just prefer the silks!

Hey, I think you get RTE2, right?! Well, early on Wednesday mornings or Thursday mornings, they are showing "Sons of Anarchy". It's about 6 episodes into the first season (the US is on the second season) and we just caught it for the first time this week. It seems pretty good. Just an FYI! :)