Monday, November 23, 2009

Quaker Heart finished & getting a little Christmassy

Hi everyone! I can’t believe Monday has rolled around again and we’re into another week. First off ….. the last stitches have been put in, the button and beads have been added and SB Quaker Heart can be reported as a finish. I am in two minds about how to finish this one, I probably will err on the side of caution and just have it framed but I’ve also seen it finished as a heart-shape ornament and like that too. However, me finishing something in a heart shape?!?!?!?! I am very much finishing-challenged. I can just about manage a passable attempt when something has straight lines and corners but head into other shapes and well, my blood runs cold! I see me taking the easy option on this and just having it framed.

SB Quaker Heart on 32ct Irish Creme linen using the suggested silks



Up next? Well, I saw this on Staci's blog and it reminded me that I had this pattern in my stash but had never got round to stitching it last year. I reckoned this would be the perfect one for the Cranberry Belle Soie fix I was looking for. So, a little taster on how this is turning out, it’s almost done, I only have the reindeer left to stitch on the far right hand side and then I shall be putting my finishing skills to task. My Christmas stitching mojo is in full flow so once this is done I’ll be picking something else that’s Christmassy.



Homespun Elegance A Quaker Year: Merry Winter
on 32ct LL light examplar using CC Belle Soie in Cranberry


Thank you to Melissa for awarding me my first blog award! I know I’m meant to pick 5 blogs but please consider yourselves all as recipients of this award from me as a thank you for the warm welcome and your wonderful blogs that I love to visit and where I see far too many things that I know will have to make their way into my stash!

Last but not least, may I wish my American friends a very Happy Thanksgiving on Thursday.

Until next time……

12 comments:

sherry ♥ lee said...

I'm not surprised you are now in Christmas stitching mode...it's really getting to that time and once you do "one" thing that is holiday themed, the inspiration just flows.

I love your heart and I'm laughing (with you!) about your finishing skills..I'm with you, given my sewing (lack of!!) skills, I'd be for framing as well!! :) It's truly beautiful!

Cari said...

Lois, congratulations on a beautiful finish! Your stitching is always lovely.

I am not crafty, at all! But, I have made a heart ornament and it is really easy. But, however you finish it will be wonderful!

Your new Christmas piece is great - that Cranberry Belle Soie is a perfect christmasy color.

Enjoy your week and congrats on a much deserved award - it is always a joy to visit your blog.

Katrina said...

Congrat on the finish :-). Quaker Heart is so sweet and I love your ornament too. The color is perfect.

There is a third option, you could send it off to finisher ;-).

staci said...

Congrats on finishing the Quaker Heart...it's really lovely and I'm sure your finishing will be beautiful!

Love the color of your Merry Winter :) And is Casting Off a good read?

Daffycat said...

A beautiful finish, Lois! Congratulations! That is a fabulous new start too.

Melissa said...

Ooooh, I love that Quaker Heart! It's so pretty! Your Merry Winter looks lovely with the Belle Soie silk too!

Siobhan said...

Woohoo! Congrats on the finish, Lois! And the award, too. :) I have no doubt that you could do the heart shaped finishing with skill and finesse--you greatly underrate your finishing skills.

Love the new start, too! I love using Belle Soie, even if it does knot more than I'd like!

dixiesamplar said...

Quaker Heart turned out lovely, Lois, and the new WIP is shaping up nicely as well! Good luck with the "finishing" dilemma...I'm sure that whatever you do will turn out beautiful!

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

Always smiling said...

Lovely stitching on your quaker heart and framed it would look gorgeous, I love the button on it. I too am christmassy and have been busy making things.
Happy Stitching
Chris x
PS Blog hopped from Sue

Brigitte said...

Congratulations, Lois. Your Quaker heart looks wonderful.
For me finishing is always the hardest part. And I tend to procrustinate whenever it comes to finishing a piece, no matter what kind of finishing it might be, lol.

Charlene said...

I really like your lovely quaker heart. Haven't seen that before, and think it would make a beautiful heart-shaped something!

Jane said...

Lois, thanks for dropping by my blog and your recent comments. Nice to hear from you.

Your Quaker Heart is looking lovely. I'm with you on the finishing - very nerve racking to say the least. That's why I like to stick to the stitching part for now mainly. :)