Friday, November 6, 2009

Rain, rain go away .....

Seriously, I’ve had enough of rain. This certainly has been a wet autumn so far. I suppose I should look at it that here we are into November and the temps haven’t dropped that much but, I’m starting to feel like we’re all going to start growing webbed feet around here soon! Through this past week we’ve had a couple of blinks of sun and blue sky but most days you get up, look out the window in the vain hope that the rain won’t be falling only to have those hoped dashed. Dull, dreary, damp days. Ugh!

News on the stitching front isn’t that much. I’ve been working this week on a Christmas ornament for an exchange so don’t want to share pics just yet. I have a little more stitching to do on that and then I’ll be putting it together. I did finish the Ninth Month of the PSS Quaker Calendars . Now, when I say finished ..... I’d love to tell you that it’s completely and utterly finished and put together as a pinkeep but no, I just mean I’ve finished the stitching! I’ve everything gathered together for the Tenth Month and will start that when I finish this Christmas ornament.


Earlier in the week I had a phone call from the framers to say my piece was ready to be collected. I’d left EE&F’s Love Letters in with her and here are a couple of pics. I stitched this earlier this year and did change the piece slightly, in the design the year is stitched under the wording ‘be kind’ to the right of the large heart in the middle but I decided not to put that in and stitched another heart in its place. This is the first piece I’ve given to this framer and I’m really pleased with what she’s done. I haven’t had anything framed in several years, good framers are few and far between in my part of the world, and have quite a few pieces that I know will now be heading her way.


Ewe & Eye & Friends Love Letters using 32ct Permin lambswool and the recommended DMC threads




Close up of frame



Thank you all for your continuing lovely comments and visits to my blog. May everyone’s days be ones that are not rain-filled! Until next time……

8 comments:

Siobhan said...

Believe me, I feel your pain, Lois! Every day I've taken Duff out for his walk, we've gone out in sunshine and come back in pouring rain, and in some cases--hail. :P~~ Good stitching weather, though!

Your framed finish is FANTASTIC!! I love it. You must be relieved to find a new framer, too!

Catherine G. said...

We must live in the same dreary part of the world. Sun is shining this morning though - but it's nippy outside!

Love the finish!

Cari said...

Good Morning Lois-

I'm sorry you have had so much rain - but, I agree with Siobhan, it's a good excuse to stay inside and stitch!

Your new framed piece is just lovely - finding a good framer is not easy. I'm happy for you that you have been successful. I can't wait to see what else you have framed.

Enjoy your weekend and thanks for visiting my blog!

sherry ♥ lee said...

Your framer is a keeper...she did a wonderful job with this piece which is beautiful!! Your work is always delightful!

I'm sorry about all that rain..does it make you feel better to know that there was snow in Waterloo yesterday?? Yes, the milder temps are nice but rain becomes gloomy and depressing after awhile..especially with the nights getting darker sooner. Here's to some sunny days for you!

Bertie said...

Your framer is fantastic, where is she LOL, and love EE&F, gorgeous piece.
Yes rain, well as Siobhan says, stitching time :-o))

dixiesamplar said...

What a sweet finish...and the framing is perfect for the piece!

Sorry your weather is so wet...but, it does make for good stitching time! Until later...

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

Deb said...

Your framed piece is fantastic! I'm glad that you found a good framer. Even here where they're on every corner, it's hard to find a good one (or cost effective one).

Katrina said...

Oh wow, gorgeous piece! Glad you found a framer you like :-).

Hope it stops raining soon.