Thursday, December 31, 2009

2010 just around the corner

There has been too much coming and going in this house over the past week and I pretty much haven’t managed any stitching at all! I can feel myself starting to have withdrawal symptoms, I need to get a needle in one hand and fabric in the other and take myself off to a corner to stitch. Some of my lack of stitching is that I’m having a hard time deciding what project to start. As things got busier leading up to Christmas it seemed like all I had the time to do was smaller projects, somehow it was just so much easier to pick up something small. Now I’m getting past that and have the urge to get into something a bit larger but I seem to be going in circles with exactly what I’d like to start. Of course, add in the whole ‘start of another year’ thing and, while I’m not really one for making huge resolutions, there is no doubt that stitching plans come to mind. You know the ones …. finish those WIPS, work on patterns you already have, make a resolution to stay on the stash wagon and not buy any new stitching stash until you’ve made a dent in the mountain of supplies you already have. To that end, just in case I hit midnight tonight and have a moment of madness and decide to go with the no new stash thought, let me share some post-Christmas purchases that I have sneaked in before 2010 arrives!! First off, this fabric. Given my love of splodgy, tea-dyed fabric and how it never goes to waste in my fabric stash this has been a perfect choice. It arrived this afternoon and as soon as I opened the envelope I just fell in love with its yummy, splodgy, tea-dyedness and can’t wait to stitch on it.


32ct Puck hand dyed linen by Katie Trendell

www.thesamplerguild.co.uk

Then, another purchase that I’ve been thinking about this past little while and decided it was time to treat myself…….


A Perpetually Engaging Diary from the Collection of Micheal & Elizabeth Feller and
Ackworth Memory Book
- http://needleprint.blogspot.com/



I can’t say that I’m completely resolution-less, the old chestnut of an ornament a month still raises its head with me each year and this coming year I’ve got company to help me try to do that. Cari and I are going to give it a go and see what we can achieve. Let’s see if we can keep each other going!

I do want to wish everyone a Happy New Year! DH and I have no grand plans for tonight, in all likelihood us ‘oldies’ will spend this evening watching tv and leave the celebrating to our offspring who are heading out. Maybe I can even tie my brain down to deciding just what would be the perfect 2010 stitching start for me. Before I go though, I do want to say that although I have only been blogging for a few months it has turned into one of my best decisions in 2009 and I’m so glad that I finally plucked up the courage to do it. To those who have welcomed me so warmly, to those who take time to visit my blog, to those who leave comments which I enjoy reading so much, can I wish you all health and happiness in 2010 with lots of love, laughter, friendship and stitching!

Until next time ....

11 comments:

Melissa said...

I am so glad you did venture into blogging. I was where you are now, a year ago. Blogging has helped me keep stitching, even though I am in a bit of a dry spell due to the holidays. I'm sure you and I will both get back on the stitching bandwagon this weekend! ;-)

Best wishes for a Happy New Year! Looking forward to visiting you much in the new year!

sherry ♥ lee said...

Deciding to blog most certainly was your best decision of 2009 (okay, I'm sure there were others but I'll highlight this one!!).

I love what you've treated yourself to before heading into your "use the stash" promise of 2010...but aren't you worth it anytime?!? Oh yes!

Resolving to do an ornament a month is certainly a great goal and with encouragement from another stitcher, the two of you are on the road to keeping one another on track in a funfilled way!!

Wishing you and yours a most splendid and promising new year...even if one member of the household is sleeping before the clock strikes 12:01 a.m.!!!

Much love!!

Carol said...

Your New Year's Eve sounds much like mine, Lois! I'm so glad we both started blogging this year :)


Wishing you much love, luck, and happiness in 2010!

Rowyn said...

Happy new year Lois!

I never make stitching resolutions - I want stitching to be fun, not a chore and I am too easily swayed (lol).

Bertie said...

You will love this linen Lois, Happy New Year.

Katrina said...

Lois, I am so, so glad you decided to start blogging.

The new linen is gorgeous and I've ordered the perpetual calendar too.

Can't wait to see what you do in 2010 :-). Happy, happy new year.

Siobhan said...

Oooh, love the new stash, Lois! Thanks for the tip on the source for new to me hand dyed fabrics on this side of the pond, too. I'm in the middle of an 'ack! what do I want to do?!' frame of mind with the new year, too. I don't usually do resolutions but I am going to work harder on stitching ornaments (Cari invited me to join the two of you... I hope I don't revert to my slacker ways but don't hold your breath!!), stitch more seasonal things, more A&Es... the list goes on. ACK. It's fun, though. :) I wish you and your family the best for 2010.

PS--I'm so glad you decided to jump into the blog world! :)

Karoline said...

Happy New Year Lois

Cari said...

Happy New Year Lois. We just returned from South Carolina. My brother was married on Jan 1. The wedding was lovely and it was so fun to spend time with family. But, it's good to be home and have an extra day before returning to work to relax and get the house back in order from the hustle and bustle of the holidays.

I received the 2006 ornament magazine and plan to make a list tomorrow of which ornaments I want to stich and what supplies I need to make it happen. I am so glad to have your company and encouragement for this project.

Oh, what gorgeous fabric - have you decided which project this will be for?

Wishing you and your family a wonderful 2010.

Brigitte said...

You treated yourself to some great new stash. Love the fabric very much.
I never make resolutions either but I do a bit of planning at the beginning of each stitching year, just for the fun of it.
Wishing you and your family a happy and healthy 2010. And a great new stitching year.

Deb said...

Great new start (I've always loved that pattern) and great new stash, especially that fabric.

Hope that you have a very Happy New Year.