Thursday, December 24, 2009

Almost Christmas

I was beginning to think that I’d run out of time to make one final post before Christmas but looks like I’m going to make it! The last week seems to have flown in and I’ve managed to reach the 24th and have everything bought, wrapped and groceries organised. So, suddenly here I am and today looks like it will be one that isn’t full of stresses and battling through queues of last minute shoppers. Instead it will be spent at home enjoying having a full house again. Our eldest son arrived home Saturday night, our daughter arrived last night and both of them were very lucky and managed to avoid having any major flight delays with the icy weather that has been going on here. It’s lovely to have everyone home, we’re all looking forward to Christmas and I’m going to leave you with one final finish that I managed to squeeze in.

ornament from Christmas by Jardin Prive using suggested DMC threads and finished as a pinkeep


Wishing everyone a lovely Christmas however you are spending it.

Until next time….

11 comments:

Cindy's Stitching said...

Very pretty - have a blessed holiday

Daffycat said...

Have the merriest Christmas, Lois!

Cari said...

Lois, what a joy it has been to get to know you and visit your blog to see all your wonderful stitching!

I pray that you and your family have a wonderful Christmas!

sherry ♥ lee said...

Lois, I think this ornament is the most beautiful piece you've done in a long time. I love everything you stitch, you know that, but there is something about this -- the colours maybe or the script in Noel, or the simplicity of it all -- it just fills me with pleasure.

Glad that everyone arrived home safely...it was so good to speak, even briefly earlier today.

Wishing all of you a most blessed and happy Christmas! xoxoxo ♥

Jane said...

Merry Christmas to you, Lois! Thanks for the good wishes left on my blog. :)

Karin said...

Merry Christmas Lois!!!!

corinna said...

hope this finds you making wonderful memories with your family
wishing you smiles and laughter

Karoline said...

Merry Christmas Lois, I hope you've had a lovely time

Rowyn said...

A lovely finish. Hope you had a lovely Christmas, and are staying warm.

Siobhan said...

Beautiful finish, Lois! I'm glad that the kids arrived in before the ice kept flights grounded or, at least, delayed. Hope you had a very happy Christmas!

Brigitte said...

A very nice last finish before Christmas.
I hope you were having a wonderful Christmas with your family. Isn't it great when all the kids manage to come home for Christmas? Have a great weekend.