Thursday, December 10, 2009

Christmas .....ornaments......time for the tree

Hi everyone! I can’t believe it’s only two weeks and a day until Christmas. Is anyone else finding the month of December flying in? I do have some Christmas things up around the house but I still have cards to write and a tree to put up (the boxes with the decorations have been staring at me forlornly for a couple of days) not to mention some gifts still to buy. But, I’ll get there.

This time round I have pictures to share of the lovely gift I received in the Christmas exchange I was part of. This gorgeous stocking ornament was stitched for me by Sarah (no blog). It’s a freebie design from this blog and I just love it.


http://hearty-craft.blogspot.com/



She also included this lovely mug mat which she’d stitched and is from this blog.


http://gumtreedesigners.blogspot.com


Then, as my package has now been received by my partner I can share a picture of the ornament I stitched for her.


Blue Ribbon Designs freebie

Fabric: 32ct Light Examplar

Using suggested threads


Stitching-wise, well there's still some procrastinating going on around here but I have made a start! HE's Merry Winter is over half-way to being put together and I should have pics next time.

DH and I are back to just the two of us rattling around at home. The weekend went by far too quickly and the house seems quiet now but, in a couple of weeks, everyone will be home for Christmas so we’re both looking forward to that.

Finally, I just want to say ‘thank you’ for all your comments and for visiting my blog. Hope all is well with you and yours and your Christmas preparations are stress free! Now for my tree.....

Until next time ……

9 comments:

Tracey said...

I need to do my cards too! And my shopping!! Ack! Your ornaments, both given and received, are beautiful. I am going to check out those sites.. :)

Barbeeque4 said...

Two lovely ornaments!!!!

Deb said...

I'm in the same boat - still need to do the cards and some more shopping. Thanks so much for posting the link for the stocking ornament. Yours is really lovely!

Maggie said...

Love that little stocking! i've saved that to do next year
Noel is very pretty, i have this one on my tree also.

Don't worry, i haven't written a card yet either and still have presents to buy!

Carol said...

Don't you love opening your mailbox this time of year, Lois? You received a couple of beauties... And I love the ornament you stitched, too. I keep meaning to stitch it myself.

Good luck with the cards and decorating--so, so much to keep us from stitching at this time of year, isn't there :)

Siobhan said...

Beautiful ornaments, Lois!! I hear you on the shopping and the tree. Urgh. I think this is the latest we've ever put up the tree and I'm hoping the rest of the family won't notice so we can keep delaying it. LOL I'd love it if we just threw some lights on one of my big potted plants and called it good but don't think they'd go for it!

corinna said...

beautiful stitchings throughout your blog
love the betsy and eef finish and framing esp
thanks for commenting on mine
it is how i found yours
i love it....gorgeous blog

sherry ♥ lee said...

Here we are and December is just coming to the halfway point. Wasn't it just November??

I've the tree up -- but not decorated. I seem to be in no hurry either..not sure what that's about!!

Love what you received in the exchange...truly beautiful! And what you sent to your partner -- I love it!!

Katrina said...

Love the ornaments Lois!!! They are so pretty.