Wednesday, December 16, 2009

Merry Winter

Here is HE’s Merry Winter stitched and finished. I have the feeling this is probably going to be my last Christmas finish for this year. I have a couple of ornaments that may or may not be put together before the 25th but, if they’re not, that does give me a headstart for Christmas next year! Back to Merry Winter, I did enjoy stitching this one, I like that I can keep this out on display even once Christmas is over.

Homespun Elegance A Quaker Year: Merry Winter on 32ct Lakeside Linen light examplar using CC Belle Soie in Cranberry and WDW Cocoa (I thnk!).

My cards are written and sent, my tree is up and I only have a little bit of Christmas shopping left to do. There’s the inevitable grocery shopping to be done at some point next week and the dreaded queues in the supermarket but, other than that, I’m looking forward to our two sons and daughter coming home for Christmas. Our youngest son, who’s at university in the north-east of England, will be the first home; he arrives tomorrow evening and will be here for almost a month. I’m looking forward to having him home for a while.

Only just over a week until Christmas. It will be here before we know it!

Until next time …..

11 comments:

Carol said...

Hi Lois! Your "Merry Winter" turned out beautifully! And, I agree, it is so nice to be able to keep it out all winter...I hate to put away all of those Christmas ornaments that I worked so hard on for another year.

My youngest arrives today--can hardly wait to "baby" him a bit with all of his favorite foods, etc. He worked very hard this semester and deserves it (for a few days anyway!!)...

I'm sure your heart (as well as your home) will be full with the arrival of all three--enjoy!!

Cari said...

Lois, what a beautiful little piece - your finishing is always so wonderfully done! I love that you can keep this up all winter-long.

How wonderful to have all your children home for the holidays - beings surrounded by our families is always the best part of Christmas!

sherry ♥ lee said...

Now you know I'm going to tell you how much I love Merry Winter!! It's gorgeous and simple and full of warmth...and perfect to leave out all winter long. Something cheerful to look at on the drab days of a long winter!

All those last preparations ... children home, the house full ... that's the best part of Christmas to me! ♥

Katrina said...

What a cute ornament, love how it's finished. Glad you and yours will all be under one roof for Christmas :-).

Jan said...

Oh yes it will, Lois, be here very very soon!! That is the only down side to Christmas for me, is the building up to it, which is great fun, but then it is over so soon!

I just adore that ornament, so perfect, and like you already said, you can leave it out longer to celebrate the winter months.

Enjoy your family, sounds like you are going to, and have a most blessed and wonderful Christmas!

staci said...

Your ornament is beautiful! I'm sure you'll enjoy it all winter long :)

Brigitte said...

Such a nice little ornament. It's one of my favourites. I'm always on the lookout for ornametns that are not Christmas related because I can keep them out through the winter.

Siobhan said...

Lois, your Merry Winter turned out so nicely! Your finishing is so superb. :) Enjoy your kids all coming home--I know it'll be busy but fun.

Maggie said...

I love your Merry winter, what a great finish!
Good luck with the food shopping trip, i filled my freezer about a week ago now to miss the crowds, still have fresh stuff to get though.
Hope you have a wonderful Christmas :-)

Bertie said...

Gorgeous design and a perfect finish:-))

corinna said...

merry winter indeed...lovely ornament.
the notion that whatever
is not completed by this christmas
is just miles ahead for next christmas, well that is a good way of thinking...
have a great weekend