Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Coming along nicely....

Here’s my latest progress on Ellen...

You know, I didn’t feel like I’d stitched much more on Ellen from the last time I’d updated on her. So I was quite surprised when I looked at the previous picture I posted and saw where I was then. I've stitched more than I thought! I am quite close to finishing this, in fact, I might even manage to make this a January finish which I’d love to do given this is Wednesday and I have until Sunday (which seems ages away at the moment).
I only have two more lines of the words, the two bottom motifs and the outside border to complete. Clear the decks!!! I’m aiming to have this stitched this month!!!!

Thanks for all the lovely comments on my DT piece. Several people emailed and asked about the alphabet I had used for the border. I knew that back then I always kept a journal of anything I stitched but it was a question of where that journal might now be!! I did some delving into all my stitching stash and discovered it. I must admit it made for interesting reading, it reminded me of things I’d completely forgotten about - things I’d stitched and given away as gifts or exchanges plus it was just interesting to read again about some of the pieces that I still have here, some hanging on the walls some not. Amongst the info I’d always put down the date I started and finished, if I changed anything, if the pattern was a gift who’d given it to me, etc so it’s quite detailed. I haven’t kept a journal like that in a number of years, it just sort of went by the wayside. I had so much fun re-reading it that it made me think about starting one again even though I now have this blog to keep track. So, here’s a question - do you keep a journal as well as a blog or do you just use your blog as a way of keeping track?

Back to the seasonal spots. Here’s the info:

Fabric: 28ct cashel linen in toasted almond
Capital letters: DT’s For the Birds
Lower case letters: DT’s A House in the Country
Birds: a selection from each of the above patterns


Well, I guess it’ll be no surprise if I say I’m hoping to find time to stitch on Ellen today. Have a good Wednesday everyone!

Until next time…..

20 comments:

Deb said...

Ellen looks wonderful Lois. Wishing you some stitching time so that you can have her finished before the end of January!!

KarenV said...

Ellen is looking fantastic! Good luck with getting her finished this month!

Carol said...

Oh, you're making great progress on Ellen, Lois! I just love the colors in this piece so much...

No, I don't keep a stitching journal, but sometimes I think I should. I rely on my blog to remind me of the fabrics and changes I use for different pieces. That means for all of those things that I stitched pre-January 2009, I have no records at all...

Margaret said...

So beautiful! Are you using the recommended threads? I love the colors and the fabric!

Cari said...

Lois, Ellen looks wonderful. I hope you have lots of stitching time today. Have you decided what your next project will be? I just love starting something new!

You reminded me that I only have four days to finish my first ornament - the pressure is on, especially since Siobhan poster her finish.

Enjoy your week.

Sadie said...

Ellen looks wonderful! I'm cheering you on for a January finish :-)

staci said...

Ellen is sooo pretty! The more I see her the more I love her ;)

Diana said...

Ellen Birdseye is looking very pretty! It matches the colors of the borders of your web site. I'll be watching to see your finish.

Melissa said...

Ellen is looking B-e-au-tiful!

Siobhan said...

You're making fabulous progress on Ellen, Lois! YGG! I bet you'll have it finished by the end of the month. Blogging is a great incentive, isn't it!? Kinda pushes you along. ;)

Sherry said...

You know without me really saying it how much I love this piece?!? The colours are amazing. And I love that you kept such detailed notes in a journal...I hope you will go back to doing that again!

Maggie said...

Ellen is looking so good! & i love the colours.
Hope you manage to get her finished by the end of the month.

It must have been great looking back over your stitching journal, i must say that i don't keep a record (except for my blog) althoug much of what i stitched before about 5 years ago wasn't worth recording anyway, lol

Michelle said...

Ellen is beautiful! You can totally get her finished up by Sunday. I do also keep a stitching journal, sometimes there are things about the piece that may be personal to me, or more detail than I need to share on the blog, etc. But, I keep that journal electronically (just in a Word document, with photos inserted). How fun that you found your old journal and it brought back so many memories!

Karen said...

Your Ellen is so pretty! Love this design.

Bertie said...

Wonderful Lois, the linen is fantastic too it does compliment the colours of EB.
What a great idea to write a journal on your stitching, I tried that ones, but now I have my blog lol.

Sharlotte said...

This is looking really lovely Lois! I have thought about stitching Seasonal Spots , but I will probably opt for DT Gameboard first. I'm sure I'll stitch them both eventually. :)

susan said...

It looks wonderful and yes you can have it finished by Sunday at 11:59PM - who said it had to be your time zone- borrow someone else's zone if need be.
To journal or blog - blog you have wonderful pics actually showing the stitching did your journal?

Andrea said...

Love this design and the fabric you're stitching it on is so nice too!

Kim said...

Love this Ellen Birdseye! The colors are wonderful. I went and looked at my GH stash and I don't have it!! If you think you may want to sell it after you finish! Please let me know! It is very beautiful!

Valerie said...

Looking forward to seeing Ellen all finished! She is going to be lovely! As for the journal, I never tried starting one but it might be nice thing. I realize that we have our blogs, but will they be around for our grandchildren to read? I think it would be nice to have something that could be passed down. Plus, it's fun to read! I just might have to start one now...