Sunday, January 31, 2010

Ellen Birdseye - a January finish

Yes, here she is, I am able to report Ellen as a January finish!


Goode Huswife Ellen Birdseye

Fabric: 32ct Elne of Lynnyn linen in puck

Threads: DMC 611, 612, 3012, 3371, GA Old Red Paint, Old Blue Paint

I actually put the final stitches in late yesterday afternoon but waited until this morning to take some pictures when the light was better. I have loved stitching this piece, she is definitely one of my favourites and, now that she’s completed, well, I've got that strange feeling of being a little sad that I won't be working on her anymore.


Melissa very kindly shared the colour changes she'd used and from those I introduced red into the piece using GA Old Red Paint and instead of DMC 931 I used GA Old Blue Paint.



This was the first time I’ve stitched on the Elne of Lynnyn linen and I really liked it and will be using it again.

Now to decide on what’s going to be my next project! I’ve a couple of things in mind, I’m jumping between staying with Goode Huswife or going to Ewe & Eye & Friends or something from La-D-Da. Decisions, decisions!!! Who knows, even though I have those in mind it might end up being a completely different designer! It's just going to depend on what jumps out and says 'stitch me'!

Hope everyone’s having a good weekend and if it’s cold and snowy where you are I hope that you’re able to stay inside, keep warm and stitch!
Until next time…

19 comments:

Sherry said...

I remember that feeling of being sad when something I was stitching was finished. You become so attached to some pieces.

I do very much love this one and the sentiment on it is very much you indeed! :)

Margaret said...

I just love your Ellen Birdseye! Colors and fabric are lovely! I'm looking forward to seeing what you choose next. I love all those designers -- all among my favorites!

KarenV said...

I love it! You did a great job and it turned out beautifully. Congratulations on getting it finished in January!

Maggie said...

I love your Ellen finish, the colours are perfect!

look forward to seeing what you choose as your next project :-)

Have a great week x

Siobhan said...

Yahoo Lois!! Congratulations on a gorgeous finish. Isn't it funny how you get kind of sad when you've finished something you've enjoyed stitching!? It's a very bittersweet feeling. It's a wonderful finish, I can't wait to see what you work on next.

Sherri said...

Beautiful finish, congratulations!!

Myra said...

Beautiful finish. I love the blue you chose for the birds.

Karen said...

Very pretty finish. I love the colors you used too.

Catherine said...

What a wonderful finish! I relate to the feeling of sadness when finishing a fun-to-stitch piece!

staci said...

Gorgeous! Beautiful stitching and the colors are so lovely and soft!

Deb said...

I just Ellen! She was one that I wanted to do last year, but never got around to it. Now seeing yours, it's a definite for next year!! I love your color changes too!!

Andrea said...

Your Ellen is just beautiful! I love the changes you made and the fabric you used too. I really need to stitch this!
Can't wait to see what you pick next :-)

Melissa said...

Oh, so pretty! Congratulations Lois! I loved this design.

Looking forward to seeing what you will choose next!

DonnaTN said...

It is a beautiful finish!

Carol said...

It is just perfectly lovely, Lois! I'm definitely going to have to purchase this one for myself. Congratulations on a wonderful finish :)

Michelle said...

Beautiful finish!! That is wonderful!

Sadie said...

Beautiful finish! Congratulations :-)

Katrina said...

Gorgeous, congrats on the finish! It's so pretty, love the color changes. All your choices for a new piece sound good, can't wait to see what you decide :-).

Karoline said...

Ellen is lovely, congratulations