Friday, February 19, 2010

CHS Hearts & Flowers & sneaking in a little bit of Christmas

Hi everyone! Well, not as much stitching time as I would have liked this week. I did manage to thread a needle every day, just didn't get to thread it as many times as I would have liked! More stitching done on CHS Hearts & flowers and this is where I am with it.
The picture shows the fabric much lighter than it really is. It’s Lakeside Examplar and is a lovely warm tone that works really well with the thread colours. I’d love to have this as a finish in February so that’s what I’m going to be concentrating on this next week I think.

Last weekend I worked on my February ornament, BBD Merry Christmas Stocking and finished it.

I’ve used the suggested CC colours one of which is Clay Pot for the stitching under the year at the toe of the stocking. I'm not sure how clear it is but can you see that the picture on the chart is more a slightly lighter red and not pink as such, or at least not pink in the way my skein of Clay Pot is! I have to admit that every time I look at my stitched piece the pink catches my eye, but not in a good way! I’m considering re-stitching that little bit in one of the other colours before deciding if the Clay Pot is what I want to use. Has anyone else stitched this stocking yet? If so, is their skein of Clay Pot more of a red than a pink?

And finally, here is my totally finished January ornament, a PS one from A Christmas Visit. I know many of you use Deb at Artistic Needle and this is the first time I’ve sent something to her. It won’t be the last! I love what she’s done, I’m so thrilled with this, never in a million years could I have finished this so well!

From PS booklet A Christmas Visit

Well, that’s it from me for this time. I hope everyone has a good weekend whatever they’ve got planned. I don’t have too much planned so hopefully I can fit in lots of stitching time!
Until next time ….

20 comments:

FayeRaye said...

CH Hearts and Flowers is beautiful!~~ Actually, I love them all! Nice progress...Faye

kare said...

Love Hearts and Flowers and the stocking! I have 2 skeins of Clay Pot, one lighter than the other and I would say they were a brownish pink colour, not red. I would also say, if it's bothering you, change it out, since it's just a little bit. Maybe use the DMC sub that BBD recommend on the chart?

Deb did a great job of finishing your ornament - it's beautiful!

KarenV said...

Sorry, that last comment was me - fingers too fast for the computer again!

Katrina said...

Isn't Deb the best! I've never been disappointed :-). Cute ornament.

Love the stocking and the heart. My clay pot is pinkish but has a brownish look too. That stockings next after the December house, I will have to see what I think.

Margaret said...

Love your Hearts and Flowers -- so beautiful! And the February stocking too! I want to send some things to Deb to get finished as well -- your ornament is wonderfully done, both stitching and finishing!

Sherry said...

Interesting how that clay pot colour is niggling at you -- so you're on to something. Whenever you get that "feeling" you usually are. I see that being taken out and redone!! :)

Siobhan said...

Great progress on your Hearts & Flowers, Lois! I love your stocking, too. My Clay Pot is more pink than red, too, but I think the pink looks good. Deb did a great job on the ornament, but she always does! :)

Sherri said...

They're all lovely! I think the Clay Pot is just fine as it is.

corinna said...

fantastic ps ornament
great progress on ch heart....
and the stockings are going to be cute
keep that needle flying!

staci said...

Beautiful projects! Happy Stitching!!!

Melissa said...

I love all that stitching, Lois! I have the Hearts and Flowers and now must pull this out of my stash!

Hope you get lots of stitching in this weekend!

Cari-in-VA said...

Hi Lois!

I am so glad that you love your work from Deb. I was reluctant to send my precious work off to a stranger, but now I send it off with glee knowing that it will return to in the form of an amazing finish!

Your ornament is wonderful, love the finish! And your new ornament is great too! If the pink bothers you that much, pull it out. I need to get to work on my Feb orn - I wonder how Siobhan is coming along.

Enjoy your weekend and happy stitching on your heart piece.

Andrea said...

Love your progress on CHS Hearts and Flowers! Now I am wondering if I really do have this one, need to go check because seeing yours makes me want to stitch it!

The stocking is just too cute! And so is the ornament! Deb always does *the best* finishing with our stitching, she can make it shine like no one else!

xoxo

Catherine said...

Everything looks good! I would change the thread on the stocking - if you don't, you will probably always look right at it!

Charlene ♥ SC said...

I really love the colors in the CH Hearts and your beautiful stitching! Speaking of colors - don't the lots vary a great deal with these fibers?

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

I love your Hearts and Flowers, Lois. I really do have to stitch it one of these days - it's a beautiful piece. Will you finish it in a heart shaped pillow like Kathy did or frame it? I think Deb has finished a couple of these and if I do it, I'll be sending her mine, for sure!

Haven't stitched the stocking so no help on the thread.

Your ornament turned out great - it's really cute!

Brigitte said...

Great stitching, Lois. I love the CHS piece, it's coming along great and certainly a great fun stitch. And one can always sneak in one of these BBD stockings.

Carol said...

Your Heart and Flowers is coming along nicely, Lois...

Funny you should ask about the Clay Pot thread as I just purchased some myself. Mine looks like a dark pink, definitely not red... I can't wait to start stitching on the BBD Merry Christmas stocking! Just might pack it in my suitcase when we go to Florida next month for a visit with my parents :)

Hope you are enjoying your weekend, Lois!

Valerie said...

CHS Hearts is coming right along! Your January ornament is so pretty...the finishing is fabulous! Feb. ornament is darling (love the little stocking!) and as for your pink "Clay Pot," I wish I could help but I don't have that in my stash. However, if it is jumping out at you in a bad way, then I would change it. Stitch it to suit you :-)

Lisa said...

beautiful stitching