Friday, February 12, 2010

A little bit of this and that with hearts involved

I think this is going to be one of those blog posts that’s about this and that but not really an awful lot of this and that! Ever had one of those weeks when you feel like you’ve found time to do quite a bit of stitching but when you look at what you’ve actually done it doesn’t really seem like all that much?!?! That seems to be the way I’m feeling about CHS Hearts & Flowers. I keep looking at it and feeling like I’m not making much progress. Anyway, here’s where I am with it….

Other than that this week, I stitched a little bit more on my BBD December stocking ornament.

BBD Merry Christmas on 30ct R&R Iced Cappuchino


And that’s what I plan on working on this weekend with the aim of finishing it. Now, that’s the stitching I’m talking about, not the actual making into a stocking which I really don’t see myself attempting. No, that will be going elsewhere to be finished!

It’s been quiet around here this week. Spring is starting to feel like it might just be around the corner, the days are noticeably lengthening now and I’ve noticed the green shoots of the daffodils starting to poke up above the soil in the garden. I'm sure we're not rid of winter yet but it's nice to see a few signs of change. Before I go I do want to say thank you to everyone for all the lovely comments you leave and for everyone who drops by my blog, Valentine’s Day on Sunday and I hope it’s a good one for you all.
Until next time….

20 comments:

KarenV said...

We have snowdrops out and the crocuses are starting to get going too. It's lovely to see some signs of Spring (even though we had snow 2 days this week!)

Love your progress on both pieces!

Melissa said...

I love your stitchy progress! I have that heart piece but haven't stitched it.

Spring is surely here. We have snowdrops galore, but I've even seen camellias blooming in sheltered spots!

Enjoy your weekend!

Cari said...

Lois, what wonderful progress on your heart - it is such a lovely piece.

And your February ornament is coming along nicely. I have a very small start on mine but hope to add to it this weekend.

I have a package all ready to send to Deb today which includes my January ornaments - it will be fun to have some items done early.

My husband showed up at work today during lunch with a vase full of red roses and white lilies - it was a wonderful surprise and a great start to the weekend.

Hope you have a wonderful, stitch-filled weekend.

Catherine said...

Looks good!
Have a stitchy weekend!

Andrea said...

Love your progress on the CHS heart Lois, it's going to be so beautiful when it's all done! I really need to stitch that one some day, just love it!
The stocking is too cute :-)
Have a Happy Valentine's Day!

Siobhan said...

I am freezing my batooty off... it might be brighter (thank God!) during the evenings but I am still soooo cold. It's nice to see the light, though, and to not have the rain!

Your stitching is fantastic!! I always find that the beginning stitching takes me the longest. Once I hit my groove, I go faster. Great progress!

Deb said...

I don't think that I'm going to be seeing any kind of flowers for a while. It's just too cold. But I realized today that in about a month, Spring may just be showing it's face around here.

Love both your pieces, the colors are so pretty.

Tracey said...

Lovely progress! I stitched a bit last night but didn't get much done, I was so sleepy I kept nodding off and dropping my needle.lol

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Hi Lois, I found your blog from Melissa. I love the CHS Hearts and Flowers pattern. It is so pretty and I've had it in my stash for a long time. I wish I had thought to pull it out for Valentines Day! Yours is looking lovely.

I hope you get all that you want to, accomplished this weekend!

Margaret said...

I love your WIPs! And yes, I get that feeling (of not getting anything done after tons of time stitching) all the time! lol! It can be discouraging, can't it? But you've gotten a lot done!

Karen said...

Love your Hearts & Flowers...love the soft colors. Good luck stitching this weekend.

Robin said...

The both look great!

Cindy's Stitching said...

i really like the colors. A spring refresher. Grest progress

Carol said...

I've had one of those weeks this week, too, Lois! I do love your Hearts and Flowers, though, and I think you've made great progress--the colors are so wonderful in it.

Not even close to spring here...can't imagine those poor little bulbs buried under our 30+ inches of snow!

Hope you are enjoying your weekend!

Katrina said...

What pretty new starts!

I am ready for Spring but it will be a couple months before it's here. Our snowiest month is March :-(.

Brigitte said...

I love both your pieces, particularly the CHS heart. And yes, I can see progress on it. Looks nice.
I envy you so much. Here the days have also become longer but there's still about 50 cm (20") of snow on the ground wherever you look. So no chance for any kind of flowers ...

pj said...

Lois, could you please email me about one of your pictures on your blog. Thanks...pjstitcher@mchsi.com

corinna said...

lovely stitches
i have the CHS piece
need to make that a goal for this year.....ha ha ...i have the day off, but i would need to get off the computer and start stitching

Karoline said...

They both look lovely

Deb said...

Your stitching progress is great! I've got that heart piece and I've pulled it a couple times to stitch and then put it back. Perhaps I should pull it out again because it looks like a great stitch!

I hope that spring gets here soon. Today is the first sunny day we've had in a long time and I can hear the water draining from the melting snow in the gutters! I keep telling myself that spring officially starts in about a month. I can't wait!