Monday, March 29, 2010

Blink and you'll miss.....

the amount of stitching I managed to do this past week!!! It was such a small amount that I’m not even going to take a picture to share. I pretty much just lifted my needle and thread once and stitched the first three letters of the wording in BOAF’s Soweth Sampler. Yes, that was it ….the total amount of stitching in over a week!!!! Let’s just say I’m hoping for bigger and better things this week!!

I do want to share this though. I stitched this little pillow for the latest exchange I was in and as it’s now reached its destination I can share a pic. It was stitched on a piece of 28ct R&R Oyster Mist using the suggested DMC.

This is from the blog Danybrod which I love to visit. She does some lovely designs for smalls and I love the colours she uses. Now I need to find the time to stitch this for myself!

A busy week with Easter coming up. DS#2 came home from university in England yesterday and will be here for a month. DS#1 will be home towards the end of the week and will be here for the Easter weekend. In amongst all the comings and goings I am hoping to make more headway with Soweth Sampler and I need to start thinking about which Christmas ornament I want to stitch in April.

Until next time .....

12 comments:

Myra said...

The pin pillow is gorgeous! Love the buttons.

Margaret said...

I love the pin pillow you made! So beautiful! Have fun with the kids home!

Karen said...

Very cute finish!

Deb said...

The pillow is so sweet! Dany does have some wonderful designs on her site! You sound like you've had the same week as me - if I've managed to get one strand of floss in for stitching that's been about it!

Carol said...

I haven't been very productive (stitching-wise) either this week, Lois! There is just something about the spring that makes me want to do other things more...

Your little pin pillow is so pretty. I like Dany's blog, too--very creative and stitchable designs.

Enjoy your Easter weekend with your family!

Sherry said...

That is so very pretty!!! Enjoy time spent with "the boys"!! xo

staci said...

I love your pin pillow! The design and colors are so pretty and your finishing is wonderful!!!

Happy Easter!

Cari-in-VA said...

Oh Lois, what an absolutely lovely piece! Your finishing is just beautiful.

Thanks for the link to Danybrod - I can't wait to browse thru everything.

Enjoy your evening.

Catherine said...

Adorable finish! I'll have to check out that blog!

I think there must be something in the air this week - not much accomplished here either!

Maggie said...

Love the pin pillow and the way you finished it :-)

Siobhan said...

What an adorable finish, Lois! It looks great. Have a blessed Easter!

Brigitte said...

Such a lovely little pillow. I often visit Dany's blog, she definitely has great designs.