Thursday, March 4, 2010

A CHS finish and impatiently awaiting stash!

Hi everyone! It’s a lovely Spring day here – yes, I’m going to use the word Spring as it is March and it feels like I can use the word now. For those of you still under feet of snow I know that you’re probably feeling like Spring is a long way off!!! It’s chilly here this morning, I have to go out shortly and will need to scrape ice off the car but the sun is shining, the sky is blue and that is so nice to see. Okay, without further ado ……

CHS Hearts & Flowers on 32ct LL examplar using suggested DMC threads

Yes, Hearts & Flowers is a finish! I put the final stitches in on Friday so I can claim it as a February finish even though I’m only getting the chance to sit and blog this morning. I decided not to finish the whole chart, I love this just as a heart and the plan will be to send this off and have it finished as such rather than having it framed. I am definitely happy dancing that I have finally stitched this given the number of years it’s been lurking in my stash!!!


What next? Okay, I have to admit to stalking the postman. Anyone else doing that?!?! Melissa I'm hoping you've had your good mail day!! BBD Honeysuckle Manor is on its way to me which just makes me even more impatient for it to arrive!! Can you guess that every morning I’m doing the hoping/wishing thing that it arrives ‘today’ although really I’m being a little unrealistic that it could get here that fast!!! So far, no sign but, with a bit of luck it might arrive in the next day or two. I can’t wait to get that book in my hot little hands and see all the delights that I just know are going to be inside. I definitely see me wanting to stitch something from that so, being the ‘one-project-at-a-time’ person that I am, I am holding off on starting a larger project. I have been doing some stitching, working on a piece for an upcoming exchange that I can’t share just yet and I’ve made a start on my March Christmas ornament which is going to be another PS one.

That’s it from me for this time. Hope all is well in your part of the world and enjoy that Market stash when it reaches you!
Until next time …

21 comments:

Sadie said...

Oh it's beautiful Lois :-)
The colours are so pretty. it is very much spring-like here too today. Cold but with clear blue skies and bright sunshine. I hope your post arrives soon, and can't wait to see what you decide to stitch next x

Sharlotte said...

This turned out really really pretty Lois! Honeysuckle Manor is really a looker isn't it? I know what you mean about stalking the postman. I expecting two things in the mail and it took them forever to get here.They were mailed priority too! Oh well, what are we to do? We are at their mercy. Have a great "spring" day!

Carol said...

Just wonderful, Lois--one of my favorite finishes yet!

And it is so nice to even hear about spring weather (although I fear we are a long way away!)...

Hope today is your lucky day with the mail delivery :)

KarenV said...

I'm stalking the postman too! I have Honeysuckle Manor on order, as well as a few (well, lots of!) other things ;) Hopefully today some of it will arrive.

Your heart is gorgeous, congratulations on a beautiful finish!

Siobhan said...

WOO HOO!!!!!!!!!!! Lois, it looks great! I really have to stitch this one! I am hoping my Honeysuckle Manor book arrives soon, too. As in, refusing to leave the house till the postman comes. Naturally, we have a substitute guy that comes at about 2 in the afternoon instead of 10. AGH! Oh, the agony of waiting. I can't wait to see what you decide to work on next.

Hey, my Google forecast thingie showed sun for the next 5 days. Yeehaw!

Cari-in-VA said...

I am dancing for you in hopes that it helps Honeysuckle arrive faster!
It is a lovely book and has some great patterns to choose from.

Congratulations on a beautiful finish and I love your idea of having it completed in a heart shape - will it be a pillow or an ornament?

Spring, I'm beginning think it is just a myth (we had snow again this week).

Enjoy your day!

Margaret said...

I love your finish! And waiting for stash. Yes, it's so hard, isn't it? I keep checking my credit card bill to see if they charged me yet. lol! Honeysuckle Manor is worth the wait!

Cindy's Stitching said...

very pretty. Don't we all want spring.

Sherry said...

Spring is making it's presence felt here...blue sky, sunshine (and lots of it!) singing birds...and melting snow (the little we've had). Can you see my feet tapping and dancing?!?

Love the heart..and that you chose to do just the heart...giving you a February finish!

May the postman arrive later today or tomorrow!! xo

Katrina said...

Gorgeous finish Lois! It's so pretty :-).

You will love the book, it's fabulous. Hope you have a nice package this week!

I can't think about Spring yet, March is our snowiest month, LOL.

Melissa said...

Lois, I love this piece! Because of you I went out to get the DMC threads so I'm one step closer to stitching it!

*sigh* no stash yesterday either, so there are 2 days left this week to hope for the stash, and I mean from the superbowl sale! I phoned about my Market stash yesterday (good thing) and they hadn't even gotten around to it. Hopefully it will get mailed out today then it will take another 10 days to reach me!

I hope your Honeysuckle Manor arrives soon. As much as it's painful for people living with all that snow to see the rest of us who have spring already, it is the same way when I see others have this book already! lol.

Natasha said...

Yes I am in agreeance. Once March hits it is Spring in my eyes.. Thankfully we dont have snow here only rainy weather so it does feel like spring.

Your finish is fantastic! Great job.

Catherine said...

Great finish! I love the colors in this piece!

I have been trying to get to my LNS this week and things keep popping up! I might get Honeysuckle Manor faster if I had ordered it! Hope yours arrives soon!

Leigh said...

Oh Lois, it's gorgeous!! I love it!

Guess I shouldn't tell you that the daffodils are blooming here...!!

Karoline said...

It's gorgeous Lois, congratulations

corinna said...

looks great-
as do warm days ahead

Deb said...

It's beautiful Lois! I like just the heart without all the stuff that's around it. The heart is pretty enough as it is! I picked up my Honeysuckle Manor book last week and I can't stop looking at it. Beautiful things in that book. Hope yours comes soon.

Michelle said...

Gorgeous finish! I've been admiring Karen V's finish of this for a long time and really want to stitch mine like this too - just the heart. So pretty!!

Danielle said...

I love this design and have had it in my stash for years!! Yours has turned out quite nicely! I actually have not yet broken down and bought anything new from Market, but I am sure that won't last....

Brigitte said...

Congratulations on this beautiful finish, Lois.
I hope your BBD book has arrived in the meantime. From what I have seen it must have wonderful designs and it's definitely going into my next order.

Lelia said...

This is fantastic, I just picked up this pattern : )

I hope mine turns out 1/2 as good as yours!

Enjoy the day