Thursday, March 11, 2010

Odds, ends & that envelope

Thanks everyone for all your lovely comments about my finished CHS heart. I really do appreciate that you take the time to write and I get such a kick out of reading all the comments.

Well, crazy stalker woman waiting for the post has gone! Yes, BBD Honeysuckle Manor finally arrived but, I have to tell you, it only turned up yesterday so I’ve been crazy stalker woman for quite a few days!!! I’m sure I was quite the picture pouncing on the envelope shouting ‘yes!!!!’ and jumping up and down! I’m pretty sure the postman will have heard me as he walked away from the door but hopefully he'll like that not all the mail he delivers is unloved. It was worth the wait, the samplers are lovely and I really like the smaller pieces, plus this alphabet addict especially loved ‘A Stitcher’s Companion’ and I can see that being one that will definitely be stitched. Finding something similar to the wooden frame that is used will be something of a challenge given the lack of supplies here but that’s not going to put me off stitching it.

While I was pacing and waiting it did give me the chance to stitch and finish this….

PS ornament from A Christmas Visit booklet using 32ct Permin natural & suggested DMC

my March Christmas ornament. Cari, Siobhan and I are encouraging each other this year to stitch an ornament a month and so far the three of us are doing good!

Then, I finally finished this!!!

Plum Street Samplers Quaker Calendar V using 32ct Cream linen & DMC

Way back at the start of the year I mentioned that I had the last 3 to stitch in this series. Given that it has taken me almost 3 months to stitch one it’s looking like the other two aren’t going to be stitched in double quick time! Here's the one for March (that I did manage to stitch last March when I was still on track with these).....

From Plum Street Samplers Quaker Calendar II

Finally, let me leave you with a taste of Spring. Not picked from my garden, my daffodils are growing but are nowhere near ready to bloom, but lovely nonetheless.


Until next time…..

14 comments:

Margaret said...

Glad the Honeysuckle Manor book showed up. lol! I bet your mailman is glad too! I love your Santa! And your Quaker month piece is nice too! It's always harder to get things done than we think it will be, isn't it? Sad but true. But hey, the ornament a month is going great! Thanks for the daffodils. I needed that. lol!

KarenV said...

Glad your book finally arrived - mine came this week too! I agree, there are loads of lovely projects in this one, in fact, apart from the cover sampler, which is my least favourite, I can see myself stitching everything else. I've already started the Summer House Pincushion and can't wait to stitch the Margaret Harris sampler either. I agree about the Stitcher's Companion too, that's one I shall definitely stitch, but might have to get my FIL to work some magic with a frame.

Great Santa finish and the Quaker looks lovely. Pretty daffs too - I think we might have planted some bulbs last year, but nothing so far.

corinna said...

lovely stitchings
that santa is a cutie
hooray for your new arrival

Sharlotte said...

I'm so glad that your Honeysuckle Manor arrived Lois! I bet you're so excited! The PS looks lovely! Oh to see those pretty flowers! We have crocuses and daffodils starting to bloom here. I'm so glad we have signs of Spring!

Carol said...

Yay! I'm glad the book arrived safely. So glad you are pleased with it, too, Lois.

That is so funny--I am taking the PS Santa and sunflowers from the same leaflet on my trip with me. Not sure if I'll get it started, but the idea of possibly running out of things to stitch forced me to pack not one, but three projects for a week's trip! I am truly addicted :)

Thanks for brightening my day with the daffodils!

Siobhan said...

I'm glad your book arrived!! Woohoo! I can't wait to see what you decide to work on first. Congrats on the finish! I need to get working on mine soon so I'm not scrambling at the end of the month. Love the Quaker piece!

Catherine said...

So glad your stalking days are over! Your santa and tenth month look great!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

The Santa stitch is fabulous, Lois! Love the 10th month, too! Glad your book finally arrived - it's beautiful, isn't it. I need to go buy some spring flowers today and put on my table, too!

Katrina said...

Don't you love Honeysuckle Manor, it's such a fun book! So what are you going to stitch first?

Great ornament and small, those little Quakers are so cute.

Melissa said...

Oh, stalker woman, your twin is alive and well here and still waiting for HER copy! I'm glad yours have arrived. I'm trying not to have great expectations of it lest I be disappointed. So what will you stitch first out of the book?

Lovely stitching. My favourite is that sweet Santa!

ps I won't tell you all that's blooming here coz you'll stop speaking to me! lol.

Deb said...

Glad your book showed up! I stalk my mailman quite frequently. He's always a little ticked off that he has to walk up to my door to drop things off instead of shoving them into the box! I love your PS Santa. I think it looks wonderful over one. And YGG on doing the ornaments with Siobhan and Cari. I wish I could get myself to do that too.

Susan said...

Glad you finally received your book. What will be the first to stitch? I also loved the small things and plan to do them first - I think.
congrats on the other finishes!

Happy Stitching!

Brigitte said...

Very nice finishes, Lois, all of them. A great way to spend your time while waiting, lol. Good that the new BBD book is finally with you. I still have to order it and hope it's still available, lol, as so many stitchers have ordered it.

Michelle said...

So glad your BBD book arrived! Isn't it worth the wait, though? Love your little PS ornament and your monthly Quaker piece - so cute with the little squirrel!