BOAF Soweth Sampler on 32ct Puck Elne of Lynnyn using suggested WDW threads
I have to say ‘thank you’ to both Cari and Melissa who thought of me when they were giving out the award below. Thank you ladies! In some ways I still feel a 'newbie' in the blogging world and I am still amazed that people take the time to drop by when I post to see what I've blogged about! So you can guess I'm even more surprised when others think of me for awards!
Now can I tell you, I’ve been pondering over what ‘interesting’ things there were about me that I could share. At the start I was having a bit of panic about being able to find seven things to list and I’m hoping Cari and Melissa don’t mind that I’m combining their two awards into one – finding 14 things about me would definitely tax my brain!! But, here I am several days later with my seven things:
1. I loathed Maths at school, it was my worst subject by far. Somehow I ended up marrying a Maths teacher who thinks maths is one of the best things in the world!
2. I shared a house for 5 years in my early 20’s with four other girls and let’s just say we had a lot of fun!
3. When I was 24 I was in the process of organising to go to the US for a year. One of my housemates had a thing about walking in somewhere on her own and this particular night she persuaded me to go with her so she wouldn’t have too. That night I met a guy, we started dating and yes, those plans for the US were shelved. That guy became my husband 1 ¾ years later and I never did make it to the US for a year!
4. I’m one of those very fortunate women who have short labours. My daughter was the quickest, she only took 1 ½ hours to appear and I only just made it to the delivery suite! When I was expecting my 3rd I was well warned to get to hospital as soon as I thought anything was happening otherwise I could be giving birth in the car!!! I made it to the hospital in time!!
5. I started stitching 24 years ago, I came across a little flower kit on aida and thought it would be fun to stitch. I was hooked! Going online was the thing that really broadened my stitching, online shopping has a lot to answer for!! Shepherds Bush were the designers who got me moving from aida to linen. I think the only constant thing that has been with me through my stitching is that I loved stitching alphabets and samplers when I started stitching and I still do all these years later. There are other things I would have stitched back then that I wouldn’t think about doing now.
6. I cannot bear my feet being touched. I’ve never had a pedicure in my life, it sounds like torture to me, and I don’t know what I’m going to do should I ever need to have anyone working at my feet! Another thing that I’m squeamish about are eyes. Never ask me to look in your eye if you think you have something in it!!! I just won’t be able to do it!
7. I‘ve had two jobs. First one was in a university where being a telex operator was part of my job. This was back in the dark ages before even the fax machine was around and on the very rare occasions that a telex machine is ever mentioned now most people go ‘what?!’. I left that job when I was pregnant with my first child and was a SAHM for 13 years. My second job was, believe it or not given the whole maths thing, in the accounts office of a hotel!
I know I’m now meant to nominate 7 blogs but I’m going to cop out on that bit as I really don’t know how to pick 7 blogs as there are so many that I love to read and quite a few people have already done this! So, thank you again to Cari and Melissa for thinking of me when handing out this award and I hope you’ve all enjoyed reading seven things about me, interesting or not!