Monday, April 12, 2010

BOAF's Soweth Sampler completed

Hi everyone! Good Monday morning! A lovely day here, the sun is shining, the sky is blue and it’s even been like that the last few days. Makes such a difference when the sun shines, doesn’t it?

Well, I’m happy to report that BOAF’s Soweth Sampler is finished!!



BOAF Soweth Sampler using Elne of Lynnyn 32ct Puck linen & suggested threads


I’d been so slow with the first part of this and then, when I really got into it last week, wouldn’t you know it seemed to stitch up much more quickly and before I knew it I was putting the last stitches in on Saturday. Still have to decide on what initials and date to put in but other than that it's done.

Not only Soweth finished but over the weekend I finished my April Christmas ornament.

This is Homespun Elegance’s Joyous Heart (just realised I’ve still to add the charm!) stitched on 32ct lambswool using the suggested threads. Oh, I didn’t go with the colonial knots for the holly berries, just did beads instead. Siobhan, Cariand I are trying to keep to a resolution of stitching an ornament a month. Can I tell you, I’m definitely finding having the company a good thing. I doubt that I’ve ever managed to reach April and still be on track!!

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments on my framed Ellen Birdseye. I loved stitching her so much and I love that she’s now out where I can see her every day.

What’s next? Well, some stash diving coming up I think. I seem to have been on a roll for stitching charts that I’ve had in my stash for more years than I care to admit too so I think it’s highly likely that my next start is going to be another one that has been calling my name for awhile.

Have a good week everyone!
Until next time ……

21 comments:

KarenV said...

Both finishes look great! Joyous Heart is on my to-stitch list - I really like how yours turned out. And Soweth Sampler looks lovely on that fabric. Looking forward to seeing what you pick next.

Beth said...

You seems to have great artistic and creative skills. Like the sample of your artwork. You knit so beautifully. Ihampers.co.uk

corinna said...

fantastic
-it will be fun to see what you pick from your stash next

Margaret said...

I love your finishes! Glad you're keeping up with the ornaments. It'll be great when Christmas rolls around!

Carol said...

I just love your sampler finish, Lois--love the colors and the little birds and the way the vine twines through the lettering. Very, very special...

Your ornament looks great, too--I like your use of beads for the berries. Are you going to finish it as a heart?

Hope the week ahead is a good one for you :)

Cari-in-VA said...

Oh, I can't wait to do some stash diving. I have one corner of YH left to stitch - now if I could just find a good 10 hours of free time, lol.

What a lovely finish and you stitched it so quickly.

Congrats on finishing your April ornament. I can't wait to see what Deb does with this cute little heart shape. I haven't started on mine yet, but plan to this week.

I hope you have a wonderful week, Lois!

Barbeeque4 said...

Two Beautiful finishes!! Congrats!!

valerie said...

Beautiful finishes! Love the BOAF sampler.

Deb said...

Both of your finishes look great. I'm glad that you're keeping up with the ornament stitching!!

Bertie said...

Great idea to do your ornament's with the girls, it does give you a stick behind that door LOL.

BOAF is lovely, love there designs.

Melissa said...

Congratulations on the finishes. They look great but of course the Soweth wins my heart, being a BOAF fan!

Happy stash diving! I find sometimes I can overwhelmed by how much I want to stitch, all at once! ;-)

Andrea said...

Gosh, what a beautiful finish! I love that design, not sure why I haven't stitched it yet. Thanks for the inspiration!

Your Ellen Birdseye is gorgeous too. I love the framing job you did on it, it's perfect!

Katrina said...

Pretty! BOAF Soweth is still one of my favorite pieces :-). Christmas ornament is so cute too.

Catherine said...

Great finishes!

Have fun stash diving! Can't wait to see what you find!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Congrats on your two lovely finishes.

I've been doing the ornament a month thing for a few years now, it really helps get a lot done!

Siobhan said...

Woohoo!! Congratulations on the finish! I've had this in my stash forever, I really should get it stitched up. Your ornament is FANTASTIC!!! Great job. I am still trying to play catch up now that my mother has left and the kids went back to school yesterday. I need to get cracking on my April ornament! I can't wait to see what you decide to work on next. :)

dixiesamplar said...

Beautiful finishes!

Soweth is lovely and makes me want to add it to my wish list...but, I am already up to 2092 before I finish what I have on the list now~LOL!

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

Tracey said...

Lovely, lovely finishes Lois! :)

Karoline said...

Both finishes are gorgeous, congratulations

Brigitte said...

Two great finishes indeed. Congratulations.

Lelia said...

Luv your Soweth sampler - I stitched it awhile back & gave to my Mom