Friday, April 30, 2010

Progress on Her Sampler & a little taste of Christmas

Hi everyone! I’ve been expecting a package in the mail and knew I’d want to be sharing pics of what was inside next time I blogged but, wouldn’t you know it, this package decided to take its time. More on that in a moment.

First off, let me share my progress on CHS Her Sampler. This is such a lovely piece to stitch. Some of it I think are the greens in it, green is one my favourite colours. Of course, alphabet addict that I am, I love the alphabet and then there’s the acorns which are something else that I like. Actually reading back over those last few sentences its little wonder that I love this piece so much as it’s ticking a lot of boxes in my list of likes!!!!


Back to the package. Monday I was thinking it would arrive – no luck. Tuesday I’m thinking it’s bound to here – no luck. Wednesday? Definitely this would be the day – nope! Now I’m really starting to wonder where it’s got to as I knew it had been mailed on April 15th and, while it was coming airmail usually that takes a week, maybe 10 days at most. So, imagine some major postman stalking going on!!! Finally, Thursday it made it!!! What was I waiting for so anxiously? Well, it was a package from Deb with my finished BBD stocking and PS ornament inside. As you can see below, Deb has done her usual fantastic job on both. First off the BBD stocking which I've been ooohing and aaahing over since I unwrapped it because I could never in a million years have made it look as good as this if I'd tried to finish it!
Then this one which I'm also thrilled with ......

Other than stitching goings-on DS#2 headed back to university last weekend so the house is back to being quiet again (and my grocery shopping bill is much reduced!). It’s a long weekend here, Monday is a holiday, but no plans made as yet for doing anything special. I think it could depend on the weather which isn’t looking that promising! Hope everyone has a good weekend, almost May?!?!?! Where is this year going?

Until next time…..

20 comments:

KarenV said...

I love your progress on Her Sampler! It's looking gorgeous :) I'm sooooo tempted to start mine - I've taken it out of the basket a few times this week to fondle it ;) - but I'm going to wait until I finish a couple of things and then I can really savour it properly!

Your ornaments are lovely - you and Deb both did a great job!

Carol said...

"Her Sampler" looks like it would be such a relaxing piece to stitch, Lois--I love the soft colors in it. I'm an alphabet lover, too--I love stitching lettering of any kind...

Deb did as amazing job on finishing your ornaments as you did on stitching them...Your tree will be looking especially lovely this Christmas!

Hope you have a wonderful weekend :)

Sharlotte said...

Lovely lovely stitching Lois! Her Sampler is a favorite of mine ,just haven't gotten it yet but I better hurry! Hope your package arrives soon! I bet that grocery bill is lower! Those boys sure can put it away can't they? My soon to be 13 year old was eating tacos last night at 11:00!

Margaret said...

I love Her Sampler! It's beautiful -- can't wait to see more! And your ornaments -- beautiful! Deb did a great job with the finishing and you did a great job with the stitching!

Deb said...

You're making wonderful progress on Her Sampler. That definitely looks like it would be a fun one to stitch! Maybe I'll start mine one of these days!

And your ornaments are all wonderful - both your stitching and Deb's finishing!!

Jan said...

Her Sampler is looking so pretty and you are definitely getting alot stitched!! She is special!!

Your stitching and Deb's finishing on these sweet ornaments are a perfect match. I love especially the backing fabric for the BBD stocking, it is so pretty!

Elaine said...

Her Sampler looks beautiful Lois.
The stitching and finishing on your ornaments are just gorgeous!
Hope you have a nice holiday week-end.

Berit said...

I can't decide which I prefer! The santa is great, but then so is the stocking! And, that backing fabric!

valerie said...

Beautiful progress on Her Sampler. The colors are very soft and comforting. The stocking and ornie look lovely. Both you and Deb did a great job!

Bertie said...

Lois, Her Sampler looks wonderful and the colours are very nice. When I saw it on Terri's blog well just had to get the chart but when I start it is another matter LOL.

The stocking is gorgeous, love the backing.

Have a good Bank Holiday.

Catherine said...

"Her Sampler" is lovely!!

Deb did a beautiful job on your ornaments! I wish I had such skills.

Having three growing boys, I can understand about the grocery bills!

Have a stitchy weekend!

Cari-in-VA said...

I am waiting on a pkg from Deb too and stalking the mailman as well - heehee! Love those stockings and your santa ornament is too cute!

Ha, I bet Phillip loved having mom's homecooking for a few days!

Your WIP is wonderful - will this be your April Finish?

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Love your Her Sampler progress! I really fell in love with that one when I saw it and loved stitching it!

Your ornaments from Deb look awesome!

Katrina said...

Love Her Sampler, it's so pretty and the stockings are wonderful. I am with you on Deb's finishing. I doubt I'll ever finish anything myself again other than odd fob or two, LOL.

Karoline said...

Her Sampler is looking lovely, great progress.

Your stockings and ornament are gorgeous.

Melissa said...

"Her Sampler" looks lovely! It does look like a wonderful piece to stitch as well.

I know waiting for the mail can be nail-biting when it's late but glad yours arrived safely. Deb did a wonderful finishing job and your pieces look stunning!

Jackie said...

Your finished ornies are gorgeous! The finishing really shows off your beautiful stitching. Enjoy your holiday!

Sherri said...

Her Sampler is lovely! I just love the green colors, too. Deb did a super job with your finishes.

Patti said...

Your progress on Her Sampler is just super and it is looking really beautiful.

The stocking was stitching magnificently and just as magnificently finished by my favorite finisher Deb! Thank you so much for sharing.
Love
Patti xxx

Siobhan said...

Wow, you're zooming along on Her Sampler! It looks great, Lois. I love love love what Deb did with the stocking and ornament. She does such gorgeous stuff!