Tuesday, April 6, 2010

Progress on Soweth and a finish makes it to a frame

Hi everyone! I hope you all had a lovely Easter! Ours was nice. It was good to have DS#1 home for a few days. He lives and works in the north-west of England now and headed back yesterday afternoon. Meanwhile DH is away to a conference in England. He left first thing this morning and will be home on Friday. Only DS#2 and myself here and you can guess my plans for the next few days aren't going to include lots of housework and cooking of meals!! No, I'm more on to the idea of having some quality stitching time, reading and computer time!!

As for stitching. I'm happy to say I’ve managed to make progress on Soweth Sampler


I am being slow on this one, I really don’t know why, maybe I’ll just blame the time of year! I’m enjoying stitching it, it’s not that I’ve started it and don’t like it, it just seems to be one of those projects that’s not working up as quickly as I thought. I looked at my 2010 finishes list in the sidebar and have to say that March was not one of the better months for me as regards finishes. While I am in no way a super-quick stitcher I do usually manage to finish a larger project within the month. March turned into a couple of small finishes and that was it. All I can do is hope for better in April. I should get Soweth finished, I’m over halfway with it now and I’m certainly going to aim for it being an April finish.

What I did manage to do over the Easter weekend was put Ellen into a frame ….

GH Ellen Birdseye

Now, this is one of my ‘do-it-yourself- framing jobs so please don’t look too closely!!! I saw this photograph frame and thought it might work. The wood is maybe a little too dark, it is dark brown but it's looking more like black in the pictures. So, I might look for something else but, in the meantime, given that I finished this back in January it feels good to have it out on display.


I’d love to say we’re having gorgeous Spring weather but it has done nothing but pour with rain this morning and it definitely doesn’t feel much like Spring! It is meant to get better later this week and I can’t wait to see a bit of sun again!

Until next time .......

23 comments:

dixiesamplar said...

Ellen looks gorgeous in that frame! And your progress on Soweth is quite nice as well.

Glad you had a wonderful Easter with your sons.

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

corinna said...

your framing looks great
your new sampler ditto
the colors are nice

i always enjoy having the no meals to prepare and sleeping in the middle of the bed
when dh is out of town
it is like a chore vacation

Katrina said...

;-P~~~~~, we are suppose to get snow tonight. I am so ready for spring.

Love Ellen and your Soweth sampler is really coming along :-).

Margaret said...

I love your Soweth progress! And your Ellen Birdseye is so pretty! The frame looks good from here! The one good thing about having the DH out of town is exactly that -- no cooking! lol!

Carol said...

Hi Lois! Your frame is perfect for Ellen--you did a great job in both stitching and framing.

Sorry your weather isn't very spring-like. Ours is actually summer like--record breaking high temperatures in the 80s! Too hot for this time of year...

Happy to hear that your next few days include doing some fun and relaxing things just for you. I find that I'm always tired after all the preparation and busyness of holiday weekends...

Annie said...

Your framed piece is beautiful.

Spring has sprung almost into summer here. I'm sure yours is on the way!

FayeRaye said...

Ellen is beautiful in that frame!! I absolutely love it~~ Great job. Faye

Jane said...

Hi
I'm a newish Blogger just popping by to say Hello!
Really enjoyed reading your Blog and your stitches and finishes are gorgeous - absolutely love your CHS Hearts & Flowers stitch ~ one to hunt down for the Stash Box!
I'll be back xx

Teresa S. said...

I like your frame for Ellen and think you should keep it. :) Homemade framing works everytime for me.

KarenV said...

Soweth Sampler is looking lovely! Congratulations on framing Ellen too, it's nice to get pieces out on display, isn't it?

Cari-in-VA said...

Lois, Ellen is just beautiful in her frame!

I love your new WIP and look forward to seeing more of this one.

It sounds like you had a wonderful Easter with sons at home.

I hope you get lots of stitching done this week.

Melissa said...

Love your framed Ellen. You did a lovely job, Lois! Soweth looks great - I will have to pull my chart out of my stash too!

Blech re the not-so-spring weather. I so get it (and wish I didn't!).

Deb said...

I think that your framing is wonderful and the frame works well with the piece. Love your progress on the Soweth sampler. I had to order that chart after seeing yours!!

Siobhan said...

Lois, I love your frame for Ellen! And you did it yourself--YGG!! It looks fantastic. Soweth is ocming along so nicely, too. :) Enjoy the next few days... more stitching, less cooking, and good weather. Woo!

Robin said...

I love Ellen in the dark frame..you did a beautiful job.

Brigitte said...

Ellen is such a wonderful piece and the frame just underlines its beauty.

staci said...

I really like your Soweth sampler, the colors are so pretty. And awesome framing job...Ellen looks fabulous!

Karoline said...

Ellen looks lovely in her frame and Soweth looks gorgeous

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Soweth is gorgeous and Ellen is fabulous all framed up!

Catherine said...

I love that frame with Ellen! And your progress on Soweth is looking good!

Danielle said...

I love that Soweth Sampler--that must be BOAF? And your framing looks perfect. I don't dare try and frame my own work as I can just imagine how it would end up. Yours looks great!

Jan said...

Lois, your EB looks fab in that frame, I vote to leave it! There are always those projects that scream for just that perfect frame, so save your pennies for those. It is just gorgeous the way it is!

Also love your progress on Soweth, a dear friend stitched this for me years ago, and it is just as timeless today as it was then! Enjoy!

Bertie said...

Love the frame Lois, it complements the sampler, it is striking really.