Thursday, May 20, 2010

And I decided on ........

Hi everyone! Well, some very deep stash diving has been going on around here. It worked though and here's my new start ...... Infatuated by Sheepish Designs.


I’m stitching this on 32ct Belfast cream (guess who’s trying to be good at the moment and work her way through some of her fabric stash before adding more!) and I’m using the threads called for, a mix of WDW and DMC. I am going to be stepping out of the box though on my choice of colour for the house. In the chart it uses WDW Coleus which isn’t available anymore and which I don’t have in my thread stash. The alternative listed is DMC 3686/612. Well, if I’m honest those colours, and even the original WDW colour from the picture, don’t really grab me so I’m doing something that will be a challenge for someone like me who tends to follow instruction on thread choice to the letter - yes, I’m planning on going with something different! I’ve pulled a couple of overdyeds that may/may not suit and plan on leaving the house to last to give me a better overall idea of what I think will work best. Wish me luck!!! This will either go very smoothly or I’ll be tearing my hair out with indecision!!!!


Thank you to everyone for the lovely comments you left on my last post about my finished CHS Her Sampler. I love reading all the comments on any of my blog posts and really do appreciate that people take the time to leave them! So, thank you!

My Christmas ornament for May is finished but I didn’t get myself organised to take a picture when I was taking some of Infatuated so that will have to wait to next time. Meanwhile, hope all is well with you and yours and that lots of stitching is going on!

Until next time……

21 comments:

staci said...

What a sweet new project! Doesn't it make you feel fab to use up some stash?!?!

Sharlotte said...

This looks fantastic already Lois! Lately I've seen some Sheepish Designs that I like as well.

KarenV said...

Lovely new start Lois! Good for you for using up your stash :)

(Oh, and guess what? I caved...and started Her Sampler! Seeing your fab finish, I just couldn't resist LOL)

Bertie said...

Like that one Lois, and good luck on your colour choices, I'm sure they will be lovely.

Hope you are enjoying the wonderful weather too!! don't we just deserve it.

valerie said...

Great new start! I've never seen this one before. I'll be looking forward to your progress.

Annie said...

Looks like a fun stitch. Picking colors to change up a design is one of the most fun things about stitching, I think.

Cari-in-VA said...

Love your new start - I have been buying SD patterns left and right - I just got obsessed with them, lol.

Can't wait to see your ornament.

Enjoy your day!

Margaret said...

Pretty! I don't think I've ever seen this one. I love Sheepish too!

Elaine said...

What a pretty design Lois!
I;m sure your colour choice will be lovely. I very rarely have the correct threads, fabric for a project so I am forever changing the colours.

Patti said...

Love it! It's in my stash too - somewhere or other deep dark down there somewhere. I must organise my stash I must organise my stash I must organise my stash I must organise my stash YEAH RIGHT!!!
Love
Patti xxx

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Darling new project - I haven't seen this before. Very sweet and I'm sure you'll pick the perfect color!

I missed your last post but love your finish - left you a comment there, too.s

Karen said...

OMG...I love this one and have it in my stash too! You made me drag out "Her Sampler" to stith after seeing yours and now.....I think I will need to get "Infatuated" out too! I just going to have to be a copy cat....you have such good taste in designs.

happy stitching....

Katrina said...

Love it, what a fun project :-).

pj said...

This is one of my very favorites and have stitched it twice. First one was ruined by a framer...can you believe it? But, I liked it so much that I stitched it again and have it out all the time...anniversary gift for hubby. I can't wait to see what you chose for your house! pj

Melissa said...

What a great piece, Lois! I laughed at the 'deep diving' bit. That must be some sizable stash you have!

Deb said...

What a wonderful new project!! I love Sheepish Designs! And you know since your last finish, I've pulled out my copy of Her Sampler. I may have to start it!

Carol said...

It is looking lovely, Lois--I'll bet it is a fun stitch! Good for you for trying a new color for the house; I'm sure it will look even better than the original :)

Karoline said...

Lovely new start, it's looking great

Sharon said...

Pretty project!

Siobhan said...

That is so cute, Lois!! I love it--perfect for this time of year.

Berit said...

Crossing my fingers that all will go well on your house color-choice. I've never seen the chart, so it'll be exciting to see what colour you make it! :D