Friday, May 14, 2010

And it's a finish

Hi everyone! Well, almost the end of another week and this one seems to have flown in. Our weather has been quite chilly this week, hard to believe that we’re almost to the middle of May. My DH had to scrape frost off the car windscreen one morning this week!! It would be nice if the temps could start to rise a little more soon.

Anyway, here she is…….

CHS Her Sampler stitched on 32ct Belfast cream using suggested DMC threads


Yes, CHS My Sampler is finished. I was able to get the DMC thread I needed on Saturday (and at the crazy price of 75p although I noticed they were now stocking Anchor and it was selling at 99p a skein!!!! Little wonder I only buy from there when it's an emergency?!) so was able to get back to stitching it and finished it a couple of days ago. I did enjoy stitching this one. I loved the greens, loved how it all came together and it’s one of my favourite stitches so far this year.



Now to decide what to stitch next. I seem to be going in circles with that. My stitching mojo is in full flow but it’s like it’s in hyper-flow so I’m stash diving, pulling charts out and then not being able to make a decision! Anyone else find that they do that at times? I think some of it is that often I’ve got a pretty good idea in the back of my head of what I’m going to stitch next when I’m reaching a finish and that hasn’t happened this time round. In the meantime all that indecision did get me started on my May Christmas ornament so at least I’m on track to get that one done this month. I only have a little bit more to stitch on it and it’ll be a finish too.

Wishing everyone a great weekend and hopefully next time I will have made a decision on what I’m going to stitch and will have started!

Until next time….

26 comments:

KarenV said...

It's beautiful Lois! I'm really looking forward to starting this - I've been good so far in resisting it and stitching on my other WIPs ;)

I do that with stitching too - being unable to decide sometimes and pulling out anything and everything. I usually end up stitching on what calls to me most, even if it's not what I was expecting to stitch.

Margaret said...

What a beautiful sampler! I love the colors! Congrats on the finish! And yes, I do that all the time -- it can be very hard to decide what to stitch next! Sort of like when you finish a good book. :D

FayeRaye said...

Gorgeous job~~~ Enjoy your stash diving~ I cannot wait to see what is next ~~~ Faye

Cari-in-VA said...

Lois, congratulations on finishing your sampler - it is beautiful! I love the colors in this. I can't wait to see your May ornament. It such fun starting a new project.

I finished my final tests last nite and I walk tomorrow - hooray! I am really excited about all the free time I will have as well.

Enjoy your weekend.

Kristopher K Design said...

Love your finished Sampler :) Looking forward to seeing what you decide to make next!
Cheers Kris

Karoline said...

It's a beautiful sampler, congratulations

Carol R said...

Lovely finish!

Natasha said...

Beautiful finish. Yes, I get stuck all the time when it is time to pick a new project to stitch. But sometimes in my stash diving I find patterns I had long forgotten about.

Look forward to seeing what is next.
Take Care

Deb said...

It's beautiful Lois! I love the colors in this piece a lot. Hope that you settle on your next project quickly. I know that it's hard when you've really been into something (like a good book), and then it's over and you don't know in what direction to go!

Teresa S. said...

What a beauty!

Andrea said...

So beautiful Lois, love it! Congratulations on your finish.
Can't wait to see what you start next :-)

corinna said...

ta da! for you it looks fantastic
i am sure you are busy stitching the next already- have a fun wknd
wishing you some sunshine and warmth

Catherine said...

Beautiful stitching!

Karen said...

Oh I love this one! I like yours...very pretty compared to the model. Can't wait to see what you start next....

Tracey said...

Beautiful finish!! I wish it was still cool here. It was 90 today. Ugh!

Carol said...

I love it, Lois! The shades of green are all so restful... So glad you were able to find the DMC with no problem.

I'll look forward to seeing what your next project will be, and of course, your May ornament :)

Katrina said...

Gorgeous finish! Congrats.

I so know what you mean, that desire to stitch EVERYTHING at once, LOL. Hopefully you can make a choice today ;-).

Patti said...

It is just stunning. The colors are just beautiful. Can't wait to see what you decide to stitch next.
Lots of Love
Patti xxx

Cindy's Stitching said...

what a pretty piece. I do like the colors also. The greens are pretty. I always want to stitch everything next.

Elaine said...

Congratulations on such a beautiful finish Lois!
I'm exactly like you when it comes to deciding what to stitch next, I;m forever changing my mind. Look forward to seeing what you come up with.

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a beautiful finish! Congratulations!

Siobhan said...

Woohoo! Congrats on the finish, Lois! I can't wait to see what you settle on next. I always have this sort of plan in my head as to what will be worked on for the next year or decade, but when I finish something, all plans go astray. Have a good week!

Raven/Missy said...

This is beautiful, well done!

Bertie said...

Oh I missed your post Lois, had a lot of visitors (no excuse really).

Love your Her Sampler finished, love the acorns.

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Wonderful finish, Lois! I still haven't gotten mine framed but will soon! Can't wait to see how you frame yours!

Sharon said...

It's beautiful! Congrats!