Wednesday, June 30, 2010

Adding to the family

Hi everyone! Well, Mr Stripey Pants’ family has grown a little since last I blogged. I’m enjoying stitching this one although I’ve been finding myself putting off stitching the motifs underneath the little folk as it’s a little repetitive. Rather than be left with all of them to stitch once I’ve everyone completed I’m going to start stitching two motifs each time a little person is done. That way, it hopefully won’t feel so repetitive.

I’m still smiling at these eyes. Then again, we have who I’ll call Mr Stripey Pants wife and she doesn’t even have any eyes charted! I'm still loving how the hands on hips give these little guys an attitude!


As we’re getting to the end of another month (can someone please tell me where this year is going?!?!), it’s time for me to share what I stitched for my June Christmas ornament. Here’s LHN Red House in Winter. Stitching houses is another love of mine and I couldn’t resist this one. My only thought on it is that I’m not sure I want to finish this as a stuffed ornament. It may well end up as a flatfold. I see this one sitting out on display more than hanging from a tree. I know Siobhan and Cari have both been stitching on their ornaments this month so watch out for their finishes.

LHN Red House in Winter on 32ct natural linen & suggested threads

Tomorrow DH and I will be heading off to England as DS#2’s university graduation is on Friday. Those three years that he’s been there have just flown. He’ll be coming home with us on Saturday (along with all his stuff packed into the car – that will be one full car!) and he’ll be here for a couple of weeks before heading off to start a summer internship. I’m very much looking forward to having him home even though it’s only for a short time.

Hope all is well with you and yours! If you’re a Wimbledon fan like me, hope you’ve been enjoying the tennis!!

Until next time …….

16 comments:

Bertie said...

Your little people are so adorable, looks much nicer than the foto on the pattern.

Have a great time in England, and yes will be watching The Murray today, he is so much better now he's grown up a bit LOL

Annie said...

They are a sassy bunch indeed. I do the same thing with borders and large areas of solid colors. A bit at a time interspersed with the fun parts.

Gorgeous new ornie. I love that design in particular.

Have a great trip!

KarenV said...

I think I did exactly the same with the little stars, did a couple every time. I find repeated motifs like that incredibly boring LOL! Love what you've done so far, such a cute piece!

Your ornament is lovely too, I think a flatfold is a great idea for the finishing. I'm just about to pop the tennis on for the afternoon - hope Murray does OK today!

Margaret said...

Love your people! Smart idea to do those repetitive motifs as you go. Love your June ornament too. Congrats on DS#2's graduation. Time really does fly, doesn't it? I can't believe my daughter has finished her second year of college already!

staci said...

Lovely stitching Lois! Congrats to your son on his graduation!!!

Tracey said...

So cute! I love your WIP and your finish is lovely. I agree on your flatfold! I am so envious of you going to England! I love it there! Enjoy your trip!

Terri(TerriBoog) said...

Smpler Folk is looking great, Lois! Your Christmas LHN finish turned out great, too!

Congrats on your son's graduation and enjoy the time together!

valerie said...

Those little folk are fun! Look at that attitude! Wonderful ornie!

Hope you have a great trip!

Christina said...

I love the guy walking the dog - he looks like he's been riding a horse his whole life!
I'm a Wimbledon addict once again (now that England have been knocked out of the World Cup!). Not really a Murray fan as such, but I'll be cheering him on anyway! Pete Sampras, Goran Ivanisevic and Andre Agassi are my all time favourites!

Deb said...

Both your pieces look great! I like the hands on the hips. Hope that you have a wonderful time in England.

Carol said...

Your sampler is looking just great, Lois--I do love those tiny people!

Your ornament is lovely, too--I plan on stitching that one myself some day...

Your son's graduation is sure to be a highlight of your life... Congratulations and enjoy your few weeks with him while he is home. I'm sure he's looking forward to some of his favorite meals :)

Katrina said...

Woohoo, huge congrats to all of you but especially him :-).

Love your sampler, it's so sweet.

Lauralee @ The Eclectic Stitcher said...

Beautiful work ~ love the little people! Enjoy your trip and congrats to your son ;o)

Definitely flatfold for the LHN...

Elaine said...

Love watching this cute sampler grow Lois and your ornament is really pretty.
Congratulatons to your son on his Graduation.Enjoy your trip.
Yes I will be glued to tv tomorrow, go Andy!!

Siobhan said...

I can't believe your son has already graduated. That 3 years flew by, didn't it?!? Congratulations to him!!

Your ornament looks fantastic! I'd hoped to have a post done in June to show mine but hopefully will have one this week. M had surf camp all week so I was busy driving out to Lahinch and back, sleep overs, etc. You know the drill!

I love love love your Sampler Folk!

Brigitte said...

These people are really adorable. And so are the other motifs on this design.