Friday, June 4, 2010

Pink Hill Manor amongst other things

Hi all! The weather has been nicer this week, the temps have climbed a few degrees and it’s feeling much more like it should for June. First of all, I want to say thanks for all the lovely comments on my finished Infatuated. I plan to get this one framed at some point. I haven’t taken anything to the framers in a while and this one is a finished size that I doubt I’ll be able to find something myself. So, a trip to the framers could be on the cards soon.

I’ve been stitching away on BBD’s Pink Hill Manor and enjoying the colours in this one. It’s such a sweet design and one of those pieces where the colours are so restful and calming to work on!




I took a little road trip earlier in the week with a couple of friends who love to quilt. They were going to a shop I wasn't familiar with. It sounded intriguing - about 30 miles away out in the country, along a narrow country road that’s only single lane so you don’t want to meet a car coming the other way and the ‘shop’ is, in fact, a very large garden shed in this woman’s garden! Well, what a lovely little place! I never thought to take my camera with me but I wish I had. This lady had more fabric packed into her ‘shop’ than you could imagine and she had an even larger shed beside that that she used as a workshop. I have dabbled in quilting, many years ago when my first son was just a baby. Then his sister arrived and between a toddler and a baby, a smallish house that didn’t have room for me to spread out my quilting projects, I changed direction and started to cross stitch. So, underneath this stitching addict there does lurk someone who could quite easily get started back to quilting. Needless to say, I didn’t come away empty handed! I bought some fabric


then some of this ric rac that was just that little bit different to anything I’ve seen local to me


and I also bought this little kit. Let’s see if I can manage to put this together!



Other than that, DS#2 finished his final exams at university this week. Now it’s the wait for the results and graduation at the start of July. He is planning on continuing as a student for another while as he is hoping to do a Masters next year at a different university.

Wishing everyone a nice weekend and thank you for dropping by!

Until next time…….

18 comments:

Faye said...

Gorgeous BBD!~~ AND, love the stash~~~ Faye

Jackie said...

This is a beautiful series from BBD, isn't it? Can't wait to see your Infatuated framed.

Great stash! The whole idea of a quilt shop in someones backyard is interesting.

Margaret said...

Oh, I love your BBD piece! And your stash -- yummy! I love any kind of stash! Congrats to your son on graduating!

Carol said...

Your pink house really does look like a lovely, relaxing piece to stitch, Lois. It is amazing how certain colors can invoke that peaceful feeling in us, isn't it?

Wonderful stash--I would love to have seen the quaint quilt shop--it sounds delightful. And you got some beautiful goodies...

Will email you very soon :) Have a wonderful weekend!

KarenV said...

Lois, you temptress! I think I'm going to have to break down and get Pink Hill Manor, after seeing your WIP and someone else's recently. The colours really are pretty :)

Great stash too, that ricrac looks very unusual. Have a lovely weekend, I hope the weather stays this gorgeous!

staci said...

Your new BBD is very pretty! Wonderful new stash!

Kajsa said...

The ric rac is great and the fabrics too! The BBD is just beautiful, love the colors.

corinna said...

BBD sampler is looking good
the sheepish design sampler is beautiful too- i love the colors

have fun with the quilting too

valerie said...

Beautiful Pink Hill Manor! I agree that the colors are so soothing. Great stash!

Deb said...

Beautiful BBD - those colors are so pretty. And I think that even if you're not a quilter, you can't walk out of one of those places without buying something. Your picked out some great stash!

Andrea said...

Oh that BBD is just so gorgeous, the colors are wonderful!
Great stash, love that rickrack!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous Pink House, I just finished mine, it's so sweet. Love all your quilty finds too.

Huge congrats to your DS, can't believe he's graduating.

Elaine said...

Oh Lois I wish I could come visit that shed with you , all that fabric is gorgeous. Does this shed have a website..lol, my Mum does quilting and is always looking for new fabric.
Your BBD piece is just beautiful.
Congrats to your son!

Melissa said...

What a pretty Pink House, Lois! I'm so behind with reading blogs. I love your finish on Infatuated too - love Sheepish Designs.

Glad you got some nice goodies at the quilt shop!

Cari-in-VA said...

Lois, what lovely progress on Pink Hill - I just love this new series!

It sounds like you had a wonderful road trip with your friends. Love your new fabric and can't wait to see what you do with your kit. I would love to learn how to quilt (once I finish school).

Congrats to Steven for finishing - I'm sure he passed with high marks.

Enjoy your weekend.

Charlene ♥ SC said...

What lovely stitching and stash you have... Congrats to DS, too!

Karoline said...

Pink Hill Manor looks gorgeous, great progress.

Lovely new fabric stash

Siobhan said...

Beautiful progress on your Pink Manor, Lois! It looks great. I love love love the fabric stash you got. One of my favorite quilt shops in Pennsylvania is in the basement of an Amish family's house. It's huge--lots of great prices--but the bathroom is an outhouse and it's in the middle of nowhere. LOL I just discovered that there is a quilt store in Limerick. I am still in shock.