Thursday, June 10, 2010

A pink house finish & some sewing machine time

Hi everyone! Apart from deciding on the personalisation I think I can report BBD’s Pink Hill Manor as a finish. I put the last stitches in yesterday and I did enjoy stitching this one, the pinks and peach tones were such nice colours to work with. This was stitched on 32ct Elne of Lynnyn in Puck and the suggested threads (a mix of CC and GA).


Yesterday, I managed to turn this.......


into this!!!


My quilting friend Margaret took me under her wing and I spent a lovely afternoon at her house yesterday while she helped me put this together. Credit where credit is due, she did the majority of the putting together and then I did the finishing of stuffing and adding the buttons but she also made sure I sat at her sewing machine and sewed a number of seams!!! So, of course, I came home determined to drag my much unused sewing machine out and see whether I can actually get it to like me and do what I ask it to do!!

Hope all is well in your part of the world. The sun is shining here this morning after a miserable couple of damp, rainy days. Not sure what I’m going to be working on next there are a couple of things starting to call my name. By next time I blog I should have decided.

Until then……

21 comments:

KarenV said...

*pout* You have sun? Huh... We're not forecast any until Saturday and it's making me grumpy now...;)

Lovely finish, the colours in this one are so pretty! Your little pincushion/scissor holder turned out great - now you have no excuse for getting out your sewing machine ;)

Annie said...

I love the pink hill piece. I'm a sucker for pink things.

Looks like your sewing machine is your new BFF. The little pin pillow is perfect.

Deb said...

I just love the Pink Hill piece. It looks wonderful.

And your pillow too! I think it's a wonderful finish!

Margaret said...

Love your Pink Hill finish! And the pillow -- good for you! Great finish! It's so good to have a friend who can show you the ropes and encourage you.

Tracey said...

Beautiful finish, and I love your pillow! Sweet!

Babs said...

Beautiful finish....both of them. So much talent just turning a little pile of stuff into such a cute pin pillow.
babs

Sharlotte said...

Pink House Manor turned out great Lois! Oh wow, I love that other project too! How nice of your friend to help you out, and I know you had an awesome time visiting!

Patti said...

Wow Lois are you ever clever. That little scissor holder/pin cushion is just gorgeous. The Pink Hill by BBD is gorgeous too. Well done you!
Love
Patti xxx

Bertie said...

Pink Hill looks lovely on Puck Lois. I still have to decide. Am starting now the Sarah Harris from Needleprint on Selkie.

Geat finish on your pincushion/scissors holder, you will get there one day and do it all yourself LOL.

staci said...

Congrats on finishing Pink Manor, it's really lovely. And love your stitcher's pillow...what a wonderful idea!

Elaine said...

Pink Hill is just lovely Lois and your pin pillow looks fab!

Jane said...

WOW! Pink Manor Hill is just gorgeous and the colours are so soft and Summery, I've never heard of or seen the fabric you stitched it on before so I'am about to go surfing and find out more xxx

Katrina said...

Love both your finishes!!!!

carol fun said...

I just picked up this graph yesterday and I can hear it calling to me. Yours is beautiful. Great job on the pincushion/scissors holder. Don't let your sewing machine intimidate you -- it can be tamed!

Jackie said...

Both are beautiful finishes!

We have sun here, too much really. It's almost 9pm and still 88 degrees.

corinna said...

clap clap clapping -hooray for your lovely stitches

Carol said...

Pink House is so lovely that I'd like to move right in, Lois :) It is the prettiest shade of pink!

And your little pillow is so sweet that I'll bet you'll be sewing up a storm on your sewing machine now. I think I should really take some sewing lessons--it would be so nice to have a friend to give me personal ones. You and Margaret did a wonderful job :)

We're in for a rainy weekend here, but I have to work on Saturday so that is fine with me. At least the gardens will be happy!

Kajsa said...

Both finishes are just gorgeous!

Siobhan said...

Beautiful finish on the pink house, Lois! I love love love the pincushion, too. YGG!

Karoline said...

The pink house and your pincushion are gorgeous, congratulations

Denise said...

Pink House and your scissor holder are great! We have sun, too and I'll gladly send you our 90's(F)
degrees! Some places it's already
been 100!
I continue to enjoy your blog!