Friday, July 9, 2010

Sampler Folk family continues to grow

Hi everyone! Well, as often happens to me, I hit July and, while I’m not in a stitching slump it seems like my stitching takes more of a back seat. Three days away, of course, will eat into any stitching time and since we came back it seems as though I’ve been flitting from one thing to another and not settling to anything! There is some progress to report though on Mr Stripey Pants and his friends as you can see.

Barrick Samplers Sampler Folk

And the times I am picking this up I’m enjoying stitching these quirky little characters.

Other than that, we had a wonderful time at DS#2’s graduation. The sun shone on the day, the graduation ceremony was in the afternoon and we went out for dinner afterwards and had a lovely meal. Now he’s home for the month of July, we’re already home almost a week so I know this month will just fly in.

Thought I'd leave you with a little taste of summer. I have this one out on display at the moment. I can tell you it’s by EE&F and it came as a little kit. The name of it? I don't remember! I stitched this some time ago and now can't find the chart! I do love this one though, perfect colours for this time of year.



Hope all is well with you and yours, thanks for continuing to stop by and have a good Friday!
Until next time ……

18 comments:

Annie said...

Great progress on the Sampler Folk. I bet you'll be sorry to see that one come to an end.

And the EE&F piece is a sweet little finish.

Congrats to you son on the graduation.

Sadie said...

Sampler Folk looks fab! It looks like such a fun stitch and with all those quirky little charachters, who could ever get bored of it :-)
Love your little slice of summer.

Siobhan said...

Sampler Folk looks great, Lois! I need to scrounge up my chart and get working on it. I love that design with the quirky little characters! I love your summer decorating, too... maybe it will bring the bright weather back! ;)

KarenV said...

Fantastic progress on Sampler Folk Lois, you're almost done! All those quirky little people are so cute ;) Love the EEF design too, very summery and just right for the weather we're having right now :)

Margaret said...

Love your Sampler Folk so much! That EEF piece is so summery too! Glad DS#2's graduation was nice. Congratulations to the graduate!

Carol said...

I'm just loving your Sampler Folk, Lois--what fun little people!

I'm really happy to hear that the graduation was so nice--we sat through pouring rain while my second son graduated and it made it very memorable, but for the wrong reason!!

Enjoy your time with him--he'll be off for his internship before you know it! Can't believe that it is almost mid-July... Hope you have a relaxing weekend, Lois :)

Katrina said...

Love your little summer piece and Sampler Folks is wonderful :-).

corinna said...

lovely pin keep
and i think of your mr S P
as the head of the sampler folk family
looks great
happy summer

Natalia said...

Lois, I love your Sampler Folk !! I hadn't see the chart before, can you believe it? I think I may have to get that one. :-)

valerie said...

Your Sampler Folk is looking great! I'm enjoying the addition of Mr. Stripey Pants' friends!

Sweet EEF finish...perfect for summer!

Elaine said...

Just love your Sampler folk Lois and your EE&F piece is so sweet.
Glad you had a lovely time at the graduation, have a great week-end.

Karen said...

I love that sampler! Another one I will have to look for!!!

Love yours and can't to see it finished.

Myra said...

Sampler Folk is such a charming piece. You are making great progress.

Berit said...

Wow! Do you suppose that's a dog that Mr. Top Hat (next to the flower) is leading along? A stripey dog...or has he got a cat on a lead? lol :D

Melissa said...

Ooooh, Lois, I love Sampler Folk. I have this chart and have been wanting to stitch it for ages.

That EEF piece is perfect for welcoming in summer!

Have a lovely weekend!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Those characters are charming on your sampler!

Karoline said...

Great progress on Sampler Folk, it's looking lovely. The EE&F piece is very cute.

Suzanne said...

Thanks for visiting my blog and leaving a comment.

I love the Sampler Folk chart. I have it in my stash somewhere. The EE&F piece is very sweet.