Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Sampler Folk finished!

Hi everyone! Well, a finish to report but that’s about it in my stitching exploits at the moment. Yes, Barrick Samplers Sampler Folk is complete.


I did love seeing how these folk turned out. Mr Stripey Pants to start us off and after that it seemed like each had their distinct personalities. I loved their hands on hips as though they were saying ‘hey, look at me!’. The one who looks like he’s just got off his horse makes me smile! Then what about the large striped animal on a leash – a very large cat or a dog? What do you think? Even though I might not be stitching much this month I have enjoyed stitching each of them and love their quirkiness.


Not sure what I’m going to pick up next. I still haven’t started my Christmas ornament for July. It’s looking increasingly likely that the one I mentioned to Cari and Siobhan that I was planning to do this month will not be stitched. I’ve it sitting here all kitted up ready to start but do you think I feel like stitching it?!?!?! No!!! I’m realising that I need to rethink and go for one that I feel a little bit more enthusiastic about doing at the moment if I want to keep on track!

Neither am I sure what my next larger project will be. A couple are calling my name so hopefully next time I blog I’ll have made a decision.

DH and I are heading off on Friday for a few days, going to see DS#1 and DD and spend a little bit of time with each of them. Not sure if I’ll take any stitching with me. We’ll be driving quite a bit and it would be perfect if I could stitch in the car. Unfortunately I can’t (nor can I read in the car), if I did either of these things within a mile or two I’d be looking very green and needing to stop!

Hope all is well in your part of the world. Thanks for dropping by and taking time to read and leave comments. I always love to hear from you!

Until next time ……

29 comments:

Jackie said...

You and I have the same car riding abilities. It makes for a very boring drive.

Your sampler is so cute! I love the quirkiness of each person. I can see why it would be a fun stitch.

I've not been stitching long but it seems like many active stitchers are slowing down a bit now. Is there generally a stitching slump in the summer? I know I've not been stitching as much either. Enjoy your trip!

Mary said...

Another lovely finish Lois and beautifully clear photos too. Your little people look very cute, I'm not surprised you enjoyed stitching them.
Mary

Carol said...

Oh, I love it, Lois! What a cute and fun piece! Each little character is more darling than the next. Congratulations on a great finish...

I haven't started my ornament for July either, so we're in the same boat. I hope to get to it next week--we'll see.

Enjoy your time with your son and daughter--sounds like a nice getaway. I promise to email you today or tomorrow :)

Margaret said...

I love your finish! It's just wonderful! Good luck with the ornament for July. And have a good time visiting your son and daughter!

Bertie said...

Great finish Lois, love all those little ones! We probably all go through a non stitching moment, time to think of what to do next :-))

Have a great weekend and hope the road's aren't to jammed up for your long journey.

jayne@~an eye for threads~ said...

Your Sampler Folk is wonderful. Hope you have a nice few days on the road with DH.
Be always in stitches

Annie said...

Bet you were sorry to see this one end. Those little people are just too cute. Old-timey pets could be freaky! Great job on this.. the stitching looks perfect.

I can't do much in a car either except look out the window. I have terrible tales from my past relating to car-sickness that I wish I could forget! Hope you fare much better and have some fun on your visit!

KarenV said...

Wonderful finish Lois, it turned out great! Those little folk are just so sweet :)

Enjoy your few days away - I can't stitch or read in the car either, but as I'm normally the one driving, it doesn't really matter that much.

Maggie said...

I'm another one with the same car riding feelings too!

I love your finished sampler, such a fun design :-)

Have agood time visiting your offspring:-)

Barbeeque4 said...

Great finish - such a lovley piece!! Congrats!

Babs in Alabama said...

I love this piece and have it in my stash. You finished it beautifully!
Enjoy your holiday...I'm usually too busy watching the world go by as I ride to stitch or read :)
babs

valerie said...

Great finish! I love how each "person" has a unique personality exuding from the linen.

Elaine said...

I can see why you so enjoyed stitching this one Lois, it looks so much fun.
Hope you have a lovely family visit.

Andrea said...

Your Sampler is just beautiful! I've always wanted to stitch this one. Somewhere (maybe Nikki's blog), it's finished as a band, across a basket, and with a house full of Longaberger, that seemed perfect to me, ha.
How will you finish yours?

My two cents is that is a doggie on the leash :)

staci said...

Congrats on your wonderful finish, I love the way it turned out!

Have fun visiting your kids!!!

Katrina said...

What a gorgeous finish!!! Love it and congrats.

Have a safe trip, hate car sick, only happens to me every once in a while thankfully.

No worries, if you don't feel like stitching your ornament, oh well ;-).

Deb said...

I can't stitch in a car either - I get a splitting headache!

Your sampler came out great! It's such a fun piece!!

Natalia said...

Lois, after seeing this sampler in your blog I decided to buy for myself !! I love it and now that I see finished it I even like it more. Good job !!

Tracey said...

So cute! I love it!! Beautiful work!

Annemarie said...

Thanks for stopping by my blog today, Lois! I love finding new stitchy blogs and yours is a *very* nice find :o) Sampler Folk is wonderful!

Enjoy your holiday!

Berit said...

I'm no better on Car stitching--love those sampler folk, though. Have a great visit and looking forward to seeing your next project! :D

Denise said...

The sampler turned out great! I know you are proud of it!!
Have fun on your trip - take some pictures for your blog.
Best to you always...

Valerie said...

Congrats on your Sampler Folk finish! It is lovely! I adore Pennsylvania Dutch pieces. I have a PA Dutch sampler that I finished earlier in this year and I also had a Mr. Stripey Pants too! Complete with hands on the hips!

Looking forward to seeing what you decide on for your ornie!

Brigitte said...

Oh Lois, such a beautiful finish! I hope you will find a new project that suits you perfectly.
Enjoy your trip!

Karoline said...

Sampler Folk is lovely, congratulations.

Enjoy your break

Tracy in TN said...

Lovely piece, I may need to try and fInd it to stitch.

Suzanne said...

Congratulations on a beautiful finish. Hope you have a lovely time with your children.

Patti said...

I cannot believe I didn't leave on comment on this post because I love what you have stitched. It's such a shame it cannot be bought anymore because I surely would, even though I need another chart like a hole in the head it doesn't stop me from wanting.
Lots of Love
Patti xxx

Solstitches said...

What a fabulous finish!
I don't remember ever seeing this one before and now you've made me want to stitch it. It sounds as though you enjoyed stitching each little character :)

Margaret