Monday, August 30, 2010

Boo!

Hi everyone! Well, the urge to do some autumn/Halloween stitching proved too strong and I put BBD’s Summer Basket to one side for a day or two and stitched this little one. Not just stitched, but even finished!

'Boo' from BBD Trix or Treat booklet, stitched on 32ct PTP Relic & DMC 310

I know, me stitching and finishing something at the same time?!?!?! Almost unheard of!!!! It was a very quick little project though and I was on a roll so decided to just keep going!

I do have progress to report on Summer Basket. The alphabet is just about completed apart from the over one ‘y’ and ‘z’. I want to stitch some more of the star motifs at the top and sides so I’m not left with a whole pile of those to stitch at the end and I think I’ll work on those the next day or two. Then I’ve been thinking I should start on the zig-zag border at the bottom and break the stitching of it up a little bit instead of leaving it to the end and having to stitch it all in one go.


Other than that, I’ve still got itchy fingers to leave summer behind and move on to something more seasonal for autumn. I definitely plan to stitch the lovely freebie over at Plain & Fancy Merchant but I also see some stash diving coming up. I’ve a couple of charts in mind…. let’s see what calls my name the loudest!

Hope all is well with you and yours. I’m almost scared to say anything in case I’m tempting fate but we’ve been having some lovely sunny days lately! What a difference to see sun and blue sky instead of all the cloud and rain that seemed to happen most of August!!!

Until next time…..

26 comments:

KarenV said...

Cute finish Lois! I wish my piece of PTP Relic looked like yours - I got a really dark gold piece and nothing (so far) looks right on it. Luck of the draw, I guess.

Summer Basket is looking so pretty! Definitely one to stitch with all this unusually sunny weather we're having at the minute ;)

I've been stitching Sandra's cute freebie and am planning some autumn stitching. I'm in the mood for it now, with the crisper, cooler weather :)

Deborah said...

Love to Boo ornie. Very cute. Summer basket is coming along nicely.

Margaret said...

I love your boo ornament -- so cute! And your BBD piece is coming along too! I love Sandra's new blog, don't you?

Elaine said...

Love your halloween finish Lois and Summer Basket is such a pretty piece.

valerie said...

Love your Boo pincushion...I may just have to stitch one up now! lol Your Summer Basket looks wonderful so far.

Catherine said...

Love your stitches! Thanks for the link to Sandra's blog - I hadn't found that one yet!

Faye said...

Oh Lois!!! I just love that little BBD Boo!!! Too cute, Faye

Karen said...

I love your Boo finish! Need to add this one to my collection to stitch. I just finished Sandra's freebie and it was a fun stitch! Can't wait to see yours.

Jackie said...

The Boo finish is cute! How exciting to start, stitch, and finish something in one day!!!

trillium said...

I started on my Halloween stitching, too.

Denise said...

Lois,
The 'Boo' is great! You did a super job and Summer Basket will be a family heirloom. I am itching to stitch some fall and Thanksgiving things.
Best to you....

Katrina said...

What a sweet little pin cushion and I love your BBD piece! I am ready for autumn, we've had a gorgeous summer but it's time to cool things down :-).

Mary said...

Lois, Boo looks great! Isn't it a good feeling to stitch and finish? You did a great job...it's adorable
(*HUGS*)

Melissa said...

BOO! Lois, I'm glad you are getting some blue sky over there! While we've had lots of heat I knew better than to complain as we've had those rainy summers too!

Your stitching looks lovely. I'm especially liking the Summer Basket piece!

Annie said...

Super sweet little Fall finish. And the basket piece is just so feminine and delicate.

Thanks for the link. I didn't even realize Sandra had a blog.

Carol said...

Isn't it a wonderful feeling to actually stitch and finish the same week, Lois? Love your little ornament--it is perfect for the upcoming fall season.

Summer Basket is so pretty--did you know my friend, Lee (Lake Stitcher blog) is working on it, too?

Enjoy those sunny days, my friend :)

Vinniey said...

Love your finishing, Lois! Simple but cute. Your Summer Basket is looking great, love the colors. :)

Rossella said...

Lovely, very cute..i like it very much...
Greetings from italy.
Rossella

Myra said...

Oh that little Halloween pillow is so cute and you know I am in a Halloween mood right now. :o) Summer basket is coming along nicely. I too want to stitch Sandra's little freebie soon.

Brigitte said...

That's such a lovely little Halloween finish. I once received it in an exchnage stitched on orange-red fabric. I think you can stitch it on different fabrics and each time it looks totally new.
Nice progress on Summer Basket.

Kajsa said...

How cute! Summer Basket is coming along nicely too!

Dani - tkdchick said...

Your little Halloween finish is cute!

Berit said...

A gorgeous little thing--very nice. I'm also quite in love with HE's new blog!

Karoline said...

Cute finish and Summer Basket is looking lovely

Siobhan said...

Fantastic finish, Lois! YGG! It looks great. Love your Summer Basket, too.

Suzanne said...

Great Halloween finish! Nice work on Summer Basket.