Tuesday, August 17, 2010

Summer Basket progress & some ornament finishing

Hi everyone! Hope all is well in your part of the world. Well, what do they say about when the mood strikes????? I am very much a procrastinator when it comes to finishing, but every so often, out of the blue, I’ll suddenly feel like dabbling with card, glue, ruler, fabric and ribbon. When I do have those days???? Well, I know I need to make the most of them!! So, this time round not just a progress pic to share but some finishing pics because I have finally got my backside in gear and spent a little bit of time cutting, glueing and finishing!

First off, my progress on BBD’s Summer Basket. I just love the colours in this one. I know when this is done I’ll be anxious to start on something autumn/Halloween related but as the sun struggles to shine here for any length of time this is a nice one to be working on.




Then, some Christmas ornament finishes ….. this one finished as a flatfold


LHN Red House in Winter using suggested fabric & threads



Then this one …….



JBW Christmas Tree, unknown fabric, suggested threads & ribbon trim

Followed by one that has been sitting in the finishing pile for more months than I care to admit too! If you take a look at my 2010 finishes in the sidebar you won’t see it listed there because yes, this one has been waiting every so patiently for me to give it some love and care since last year!!!

Plum Street Samplers Quaker Calendar - using 32ct cream linen & suggested threads

And finally, this one …..

Plum Street Samplers Quaker Calendars - using 32ct cream linen & suggested threads

Another one that’s been waiting for a while but, at least, I have it listed as a 2010 finish, admittedly back in March!!!!

Dear only knows how many more months it will be before the mood to finish strikes again but, I do feel like I’ve made a little bit of a dent in my finishing pile and it feels good!!!!

Thanks for your continued visits and comments. I’m reading a lot about the high temps many of you are having this summer in the US. Hope the heat starts to die down a little for you all soon and it becomes much more comfortable. I can’t even begin to imagine living in that heat!

Until next time……

25 comments:

Annie said...

Beautiful finishes! Must feel good to get all those completed.

Cathy B said...

Nice finishes, Lois. Doesn't it feel good to be able to display all of these little pretties now?

Carol said...

Oh, you've really been on a finishing frenzy, Lois! I just love all four--especially the triangular shaped one. I've never tried that shape before, but it looks so pretty. Can you please send some of your finishing mojo to me?

I do love your Summer Basket so much--as you say it is a perfect piece to be working on as the summer days fade into fall.

We got a break in the heat today--finally!! Hope this cooler, less humid weather sticks around for a while...

Have a wonderful week :)

Margaret said...

I love your BBD piece. And your finishes are wonderful! Congrats on getting some of that done!

Babs in Alabama said...

beautiful stitching and beautiful finishing! Don't it feel good?
hugs,
babs

Mary said...

They are all great finishes Lois, and your new BBD looks good too. I have a "few" things that need finishing, so I hope the mood strikes me one day.
Mary

Vinniey said...

Wow!! All your finishing are amazing!

valerie said...

Summer Basket is looking beautiful...Great finishes as well!

KarenV said...

Summer Basket is looking lovely, I really like those soft colours - they're perfect for the time of year. Your finishes all look wonderful and, like Carol, I love the triangular one too, particularly the ribbon edging. You should get the finishing bug more often! ;)

Denise said...

Lois,
Everything looks great! Tell me how to get in a 'finishing mood'!!
Your ornies are lovely!
Just to let you know, we actually
had a rain storm this morning! It's so hot and the dark clouds may send us a little more rain.

Jan said...

They are all really lovely finishes, Lois! Congrats for having that finishing bug hit you, you did well!

Love your Summer progress too, very pretty. Have a great week.

Bertie said...

Lovely finishes Lois, you have been busy, well with weather as it is I am not surprised LOL, another accomplishment.

Always a pleasure to see BBD, very nice.

I do love the Quaker ornaments, look forward to seeing the rest of the series :-))

Andrea said...

Great finishes Lois and I love your progress on the BBD piece, gorgeous colors!!

Elaine said...

Such pretty colours in your BBD Lois and congrats on all those gorgeous finishes!

Melissa said...

I love Summer Basket, Lois! I need to stitch a BBD design soon!

Congratulations on all the beautiful finishes! Well done indeed!

Brigitte said...

Nice progress on Summer Basket. As long as it's summer calendar-wise it's a lovely project. Temperature-wise an autumn project would be more appropriate over here, lol. It's rather cool here and has been raining for days so autumn is approaching fast. But I prefer that to the heat wave we were having in June and July.
Congratulations on your great finishes.

Katrina said...

Love all your finishing and the BBD piece is so pretty.

dixiesamplardesigns said...

Love the finishes, Lois...and that BBD WIP is gorgeous! Is that finishitis catching?? I sure hope so; I have a pile of stitching that needs to be "finished finished".

Thnak you for the sweet comment on my blog and for reading it to begin with, LOL!

HAPPY STITCHIN'
Terri

Natalia said...

Nice job !!! This post of yours reminds me that I have so many unfinished finishes !! LOL I am a procrastinator also and I need to have one of those days just like you where I finish everything.

Myra said...

You have been busy. I love them all but I think my favorite is the tree. :o)

Jackie said...

Congrats! You've gotten a lot accomplished! What is the learning curve on finishing your own small projects? I need to dip my toe into trying something for the first time. Suggestions?

Karoline said...

Beautiful finishes and Summer Basket is looking lovely

Suzanne said...

Beautiful finishing! How satisfying to get all that finishing completed.

Sherri said...

Summer basket is so soft and pretty. Congratulations on the ornament finishes! I don't know how high your finishing pile is, but 4 finishes is great. I love the ribbon trim on the JBW Christmas Tree!

Siobhan said...

Beautiful finishes and stitching, Lois! I love your BBD WIP, too--perfect for this time of the year!

I was reading through previous entries and saw the fabric shop mentioned. I discovered a shop in Pennsylvania that ships worldwide, and their prices are fantastic. $6 to $7.50/yard and they have a huge stock. www.hayloftfabrics.com