Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Summer, Christmas & starting to think Autumn

Hi everyone! Thank you for all your lovely comments on my finishes in my last blog post. You can guess the notion to finish anything more has not struck since!! However, hopefully it will be here again soon! What I do have to share this time round is progress on Summer Basket…..

And I’ve finished the stitching on my August Christmas ornament. My choice this month was Renato Parolin’s Joy from the Peace, Love, Joy chart. I used DMC 816 for this and some 32ct antique white (I think!!) that I had in my stash.



Hope all is well with you and yours. DS#1 was home last week, headed off on Sunday, and it was great to see him. This weekend DS#2 will be arriving home after doing his month’s internship with a company in Leeds. He’ll be home for about 3 weeks before he heads back to university. School starts here next week and while I’m past the stage of any of my three starting back to school there’s no doubt it does make me feel like autumn is just around the corner. That and the fact that it's now dark by 9pm. Where have the long summer evenings gone?!?!! I’m feeling some autumn stitching coming up very soon!

Until next time …..

19 comments:

Annie said...

Maybe you can make summer last longer with more of your pretty stitching on the basket!

Your ornament stitching is lovely too.

I hate to see summer go. I'm still not psychologically recovered from last winter's giant snow scenario!

ohiofarmgirl said...

I love your joy ornament!!! How sweet. Blessings, Dianntha

natalyK said...

Love your summer basket progress. The colors are beautiful. The joy ornament is lovely.

Bertie said...

Great progress Lois, love that basket. Joy ornament is wonderful, nice design.

Yes summer seems to go -) will not think of autumn yet though, hopefully an Indian summer:-))

Margaret said...

I love your August ornament and your BBD WIP! Beautiful! I see it getting darker earlier. But I have to say I'm not ready for fall, much as I'm looking forward to cooler temps. Doesn't make much sense, huh?

Deborah said...

Your stitching is lovely. I love your summer basket.

Jan said...

OH such beautiful progress, Lois! And I love the ornament finish as well. Enjoy the kids' visits before they get entrenched in school activities.

Carol said...

Summer Basket is looking more and more lovely with each post, Lois!! What a beautiful piece...

Your little August ornament is so pretty, too. I've finished stitching my July and August ornaments, but still need to get the finishing done. Hopefully this week...

What fun to have your youngest son home for a few weeks--enjoy your visit :)

Stephanie (Joie de Bayou) said...

Love your ornament finish. I will have to look for that chart.

Wonderful progress on your WIP, the colors are so happy.

Denise said...

I am amazed at how you are just speeding along! (like summer!)....
Your Summer Basket and Joy are fabulous - love the colors!

Melissa said...

Ooooh, lovely stitching, Lois!

I know what you mean about it being dark. It's so dark in the mornings when I get up now too! Oh well, it's still summer but autumn is just around the corner!

Mary said...

Summer Basket is looking good - so lovely and fresh. Loved your ornament finish as well. We are having the coldest winter for many years but at least it has brought some rain with it ease our drought comditions. It will be officially spring next week so that sounds better.
Mary

Katrina said...

I really love the BBD piece, colors are so pretty and your ornament is gorgeous.

Brigitte said...

I love Summer Basket and I love seeing your progress picture. It's such a beautiful piece. Well done on finishing the ornament.
Oh yes, autumn is getting nearer and nearer. When I get up in the morning it's still half dark and I don't like that.

Patti said...

Love your stitching - it's gorgeous. Wonder whether Cameron will stick by what he has been saying and leave BST alone and we won't turn back the clocks this year that would be lovely. It would mean that it wouldn't get dark at 3:15 which I HATE! That's my two cents worth.
Lots of Love
Patti xxx

Marbel said...

Your work is beautiful! I love counted cross stitch but have not done any in quite a while. You are inspiring me to pick up some work.

Karoline said...

Your ornie is lovely and Summer Basket is gorgeous

Siobhan said...

LOVE your ornament, Lois! YGG! It looks fantastic. Summer Basket is coming along so well, too.

Suzanne said...

Nice progress on Summer Basket. I love the joy ornament.