Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Autumn stitching and some new stash

Hi everyone! First of all, thank you for the lovely comments on my first attempt at a floss tag and my finished BBD Summer Basket. I plan on having this one framed, I haven’t taken anything to the framer for months (could even be the start of this year) as I have managed to do my own little bit of framing when I’ve needed too but this one I want to take.

I didn't seem to find much time for stitching in the last week but I have started this one …..


Crows, Corn and Cats by Chartmakers which is now, I’m pretty certain, OOP. The suggested threads are DMC but I’ve used WDW Cadet for filling in the house rather than the DMC 926. Years ago I stitched this as a gift and put it on the back burner to stitch for myself at some point. Finally I’ve got to it!! This will be finished in no time at all as it’s a small design. I’m stitching it on an unknown scrap of overdyed that I had in my stash.

Well, there’s nothing like new stash to make a girl feel good - and to help forget that another year has passed. Yes, a birthday last month and time to treat myself to a birthday order from Lois at Elegant Stitch! In amongst this little lot will be my next start, one where I need to put my thinking cap on as I want to use different colours.


Also in the package ……


CC Wild Berries so that I’m good to go when the notion strikes to start stitching BBD’s It’s Berry Time. The Silk ‘n Colors is Autumn Twilight for BBD’s Sarah’s ABC Pincushion and the Caron Waterlillies Sable is for …… something I now can’t remember!!!! Seriously, I opened the package, looked at the thread and thought ‘now what chart did I order that for’?!?!?! It will come to me. Some day I’ll have a light bulb moment and remember!!!!!

We headed to Leeds over the weekend to leave off DS#2 who’s starting his M.Sc at the university there. It also gave us a chance to see DD. She’s been living in Leeds for the last two years but, wouldn’t you know it, she ended up moving the week before DS#2 arrived! She has changed jobs and is now living just north of Manchester. It’s not that far, only about a 50 min drive, so they can still see each other from time to time. She came over Saturday evening and the four of us went out to eat. Then Sunday morning DH and I went to see her in her new apartment. It’s lovely and I like that I now can picture where she is. After that we headed for home and now it’s back to just DH and me rattling around here for a while.

Well, I think that’s about it for this time. Thanks for your continued visits and comments and I hope all is well with you and yours.

Until next time ……

21 comments:

KarenV said...

I love your new start Lois! What a shame the chart is OOP though. You got some wonderful new stash too! Have a lovely weekend.

Annie said...

That new piece is so adorable! I love little alphabets and it's so pretty in the hand-dyed threads.

Enjoy your new stash!

Bertie said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bertie said...

Love the stash Lois, gorgeous samplers and EEF charts are just wonderful, you will have lots of fun with that!! Happy belated birthday, what a present :))

Chartmakers patterns looks good so far and great linen too.

Always good to see the kids settled in their digs.

Patti said...

I adore your new start and love all your stash. If I were buying new stash I would have bought just what you did. You are so clever.
Lots of Love
Patti xxx

merumo said...

Your autumn stitching looks so cute and fun! I just love anything to do with autumn... And looks like you will be very busy with your new stash! I enjoyed Quaker Alphabet a lot :) Happy stitching!

Margaret said...

Love your new start! So pretty and autumny! And good stash too! Happy birthday -- great way to celebrate!

Lisa said...

love your new start, can wait to see this one when it's finished
lovely new stash, enjoy!

Kajsa said...

How cute! It almost like an Goode Huswife chart I have from a magazine. Nice Stashing!

Deborah said...

Wonderful new start. looking forward to your progress. You got some great new stash.

Mary said...

Happy Belated Birthday Lois.
I love your little alphabet start.
Great new additions to enhance your stitching world! I have also found myself wondering what I have ordered different threads for. To remedy that, I put a note in the chart or in my floss box to remind me...Seems like I have LOTS of notes these days for lots of other things going on as well LOL

Andrea said...

Love that design and your start on it, the WDW Cadet looks lovely for the house!
Great new stash too, YGG!

Mary said...

Hi Lois, and belated wishes for your birthday. What a lovely parcel of goodies. I love the service at Elegant stitch and I already have a long list for my birthday order way off in November.
I love the colours in your Crows piece and I think your choice of blue for the house was a good one. Can't wait to see the framing when it gets back. I have two large pieces waiting to go to the framer - (waiting for the $$$).
Mary

Karen said...

Great new stash....late happy birthday! Love your WIP and can't wait to see it finished. Happy stitching....

Jackie said...

Happy Birthday! Love the new stash. I also really like your thread substitution, just hte one makes a big nice change.

Melissa said...

oooooh - love the new start, Lois! I like the blue house you are stitching!

Lovely stash. Stashing is a very healthy thing - I recommend it highly! (teehee) I'm waiting for the new market releases for my next stash run!

Carol said...

What a cute new piece, Lois! I hadn't seen this one before so I googled it to see the whole chart. I love the little black cat crawling up the cornstalk :)

Your new stash is lovely--so glad you got to treat yourself on your birthday. I especially like the Quaker Alphabet--do you know what color you will use for it?

Have a wonderful weekend :)

Good to hear that your children are all settled in their new quarters--hope your son has a wonderful school year :)

Vinniey said...

Your WIP look lovely and beautiful stash, Lois.

Siobhan said...

Love the new start, Lois! Great new stash haul, too. :) I'm glad that you were able to see the kids get settled--it always helps to picture where they are in your mind!

Just Me and My Shadow said...

It's always exciting to get new stash and that CC wild Berries is a lovely colour. I have just been using it.

Elaine said...

Oh your new start is just adorable Lois and what awesome new stash you have. Those threads look so yummy.
Glad you enjoyed your visit with your DD and DS.
Happy Stitching!