Hi everyone! BBD’s Summer Basket can be reported as a finish! I put the final stitches in on the weekend. I did enjoy stitching this one, the colours are so delicate and summery and I was pleased with how the cream linen worked out instead of using the suggested WDW Baby’s Breath.
From the picture on the front cover of the chart my skein of GA Clover seemed similar to what was used in the original model. That had patches of deep pink that did go to lighter pink but then my skein also went into large chunks of white. I ended up just making sure I used the deeper tones otherwise it completely faded out. I ordered another skein of GA Clover (with thanks to Karla at The Patchwork Rabbit for going the extra mile to try and send me one that wasn’t too pale) which was more overall pink without the really deep tones and used that with the darker pink. So, if you pull the colours to stitch this one and you look at your skein of Clover and think it looks too pale I guess what I’m saying is, you might want to consider changing to something that has deeper pink in it.
Notice a difference in colour in some of the letters from previous posts? When I finished the zigzag border at the bottom and still had some of the deeper pink left I went back and re-did the paler parts of the letters O, R, S and T so they stood out a little more. Other than that, I used the suggested threads all of which worked just fine.
Then, something I stitched last month but as I was sending it as a part of a birthday package I didn’t want to show until it had been received.
My first attempt at a floss tag holder and overall, I was pleased with how it turned out although, as always, the perfectionist in me felt that it could be improved upon!!
Thanks, as ever, for your visits to my blog and to those who take the time to leave a comment. It’s always great to hear from you!
Until next time …..