Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Progress & another Boo to share

Hi everyone! I’m still mixing the seasons with my stitching, probably much like the weather here – sunshine one day, rain the next! First of all, the little freebie from Plain and Fancy Merchant was my alternate stitching project to Summer Basket this week. As I didn’t have a pumpkin charm I substituted a little black button instead. The fabric that the little pillow is sitting on is what I used for the backing and I couldn’t resist using some more of the PTP Relic and going with just plain black thread.

'Boo' freebie found here

BBD's Summer Basket is coming along nicely. The top row on the left hand side…???

Well, I developed a serious case of brain freeze on this part, it took three attempts to get this row stitched and both times I’d pretty much completed the whole row before realising I needed to frog it!!! You'd think that having frogged it once I'd make sure to get it right next time but, no!!! Only 3 star motifs left to stitch, the top and bottom row on the left hand side, initials and the zig-zag border.

Thank you for all the lovely comments you left on my little ‘Boo’ finish last time round and, as always, thanks for taking time to drop by! I always love to hear from you. Hope all is well with you and yours!

Until next time….

21 comments:

KarenV said...

Cute finish! I haven't finish-finished mine yet, but the stitching is done. Summer Basket is looking lovely, despite the counting issues ;) You'll be done with it very soon!

natalyK said...

Great finish and beautiful progress on Summer basket

Margaret said...

Love your little Boo finish! Love your Summer Basket progress too!

Annie said...

Another cute little 'boo'. I'm tempted to stitch that one up myself.

Such a pain to have to keep frogging. But the piece is looking lovely so it will all be worth it.

Catherine said...

Love the BOO! Started mine last night.

You're almost there with Summer Basket, hopefully no more frogs will come to visit!

Cythia Harris ~ said...

Sorry about the frogging, but it's looking really nice!

anneland22 said...

I love your "Boo!" pillow. Of course, I am easily wooed by many things that mark the coming of my favorite holiday/season.

Patti said...

Gorgeous finish Lois and thank you so much for sharing the chart with us. I love your Summer Basket despite your having to frog.
Lots of Love
Patti xxx

Karen said...

Very cute finish. Love your Summer Basket too.

Sadie said...

Lovely stitching Lois :-)
I have the little 'boo' freebie in my pile to stitch on soon.
Love the BBD, such soft colours.

Brigitte said...

This is so cute. There are some great Halloween freebies out there.

Katrina said...

Cute little Halloween piece and the button is perfect. Love the BBD sampler too :-).

Denise said...

Lois,
I love the 'Boo' finish - I used a little black button, too!
It's nice to have these small projects to take a break from our
larger ones.
Blessings to you...

Carol said...

Your little Halloween Boo pillow looks so cute, Lois--I actually like it better with the black button than with the charm!

Ugh--I'm so sorry to hear about all of your frogging! I feel your pain :)

Summer Basket is almost done--I'll bet your next post will be a new finish! Can't wait to see it :)

Berit said...

Lovely! Relic is one of the linens on my must-try list. :)

Also, your BBD is working up nicely; I love the alphabet and motifs to the left--never you mind those pesky frogs!

Elaine said...

Love your Boo finish Lois. Sorry your pretty Summer Basket has been such a pain, hope those frogs are long gone. Have a nice week-end. Hugs!

Mary said...

Hi Lois! Boo looks great. I love the button you added. Mine will be started this weekend. Don't you LOVE these talented designers offering their designs? Your basket is coming along...it's a beautiful piece. I'm in Halloween and Fall mode but also eyeing Christmas. Summer flew, will autumn too? (*HUGS*)

Karoline said...

Another cute finish and Summer Basket is looking gorgeous.

Siobhan said...

Cute finish, Lois! I love your Summer Basket, too. I hope the counting issues have been resolved! ;)

Suzanne said...

Very cute finish!

merumo said...

I love your Boo! Thanks for sharing. I have to stitch this one today!! LOL