Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Hearts & a case of call me crazy!

Hi everyone! How are things? A little more stitching done on BOAF’s Happy Hearts Sampler. Soon I’ll be finished with the top row and can get a little bit of an alphabet ‘fix’!!


A couple of people have asked me about this one. I‘ve had this one in my stash for a number of years but, as far as I know, this is one of the BOAF charts that is still available.

Then it’s very definitely a case of call me crazy!!! I have so far resisted the temptation to stitch any of the CHS Hawk Run Hollow designs. Not because I didn't love them but just the size of them was daunting. Well, the autumn one was released earlier this year and it’s been the one to push me over the edge and decide that, as long as I contented myself that it would take me a long time, it was a ‘must stitch’ for me. Natalia over at Stitching-4- Joy is going to be keeping me company and she’s stitching on Shores. We did decide we didn’t want to put ourselves under lots of pressure so we are aiming to stitch a block every two months. Here’s my progress to date, I’ve got to the middle of December to finish this block so, fingers crossed!!!! Given that I’m very much a ‘one project at a time’ stitcher we’ll see how I go at having two larger projects!!! Who knows, it may change my mind completely on rotation! Then again, it may not! I am stitching this with the suggested DMC colours and on 32ct sandstone.

I just had to share a pic of what has arrived at my house. Stitched by a dear stitching friend (no blog) and something that I will treasure. This is one (of many!) BBD that I would see finished on other blogs and loved so you can guess I was just thrilled when I opened the package and discovered these inside.

I’m off to spend a ‘stitchy’ afternoon with a friend. I’m looking forward to some chat, laughter and some stitching in there too! Hope all is well in your part of the world. Thanks, as always, for your continued visits and comments. It's always good to hear from you!

Until next time ……

21 comments:

Bertie said...

Gorgeous Lois, love the happy hearts and will keep looking for it.

Yes Hrh, it is quite a project and love seeing it every time:)and it's nice doing it as a smal SAL.

Love the Bluebird, beautifully finished, very nice present.

Have a great time stitching with your friend.

Annie said...

Nice progress on the BOAF piece. Those HRH pieces are too much for me, but they sure are appealing. You've taken a nice approach so hopefully, you will eventually have a gorgeous finish!

Love the BBD and that gorgeous scissors!

gracie said...

What a beautiful surprise...you are cared for indeed

Margaret said...

Hope you had fun with your friend! I love your BOAF piece so far! It's gorgeous! I love what arrived in the mail too -- so gorgeous!!

KarenV said...

What lovely gifts you received! Great progress on Happy Hearts too.

Good luck with your HRH SAL - I admire anyone who stitches one of these, as I tried and failed miserable with Village. Large projects aren't my thing, sadly ;)

Kajsa said...

What a pretty gift! I love the HRH pieces, and your BOAF is turning out gorgeous too.

Catherine said...

BOAF is looking great! I love the HRH pieces as well and think doing it as SAL would be a great motivator to stay on track

What a sweet gift from your friend! It's beautiful!

Have fun stitching with your friend!

valerie said...

Great prohress on your Happy Hearts...I really love this piece. I'll look orward to following your progress.

Great start on AoHRH too! Doing it as a SAL will be a good motivator.

Wonderful gift from your friend...it's gorgeous!

Beth said...

Good luck with your "big" stitch - I too am daunted by the size of some of the Carriage House projects. Your BBD gift is beyond lovely! How very special.

Natalia said...

Lois, I like how your BOAF's sampler is looking !!
You are way ahead of me on the Shores !! I started it full speed and then came to a stop and that was it... I'd better get to it so I can catch up. I am now happy we decided to give ourselves two months :-)

Myra said...

Love your start on the HRH piece. I'll be joining you in January when I start Shores and like you, I don't plan to pressure myself to finish it quickly - it will be a slow stitch for me. Your BOAF piece is looking good and I love the BBD gifts your friends sent you. Such a pretty shade of blue.

Melissa said...

Oh I love that Happy Hearts Sampler. I have stitched it many years ago and really loved it. It may have been the biggest sampler I'd stitched up to that point.

I have never stitched any of the HrH pieces either though I admire them very much. Glad to see you broke down and have someone to stitch with.

I love that Bluebird too!

staci said...

Beautiful stitching and a beautiful gift too!

I too resisted the Hawk Run series...except I succombed to the Christmas one (because I saw some of the squares finished as ornaments and the rest is history!) Happy stitching!

Susan Sullivan said...

What a wonderful start to Autumn at Hawk Run! A 2 month complete one block sounds fine to me as I am working for the second time block 12 of Christmas at Hawk Run - fabric trouble hence the second time.

Have fun stitching with your friend online and off!

Nadia said...

Oh! Me too I'm doing BOAF’s Happy Hearts Sampler......is super to stitch!
See you soon! Good stitch
Nadia

Katrina said...

Love your Shores start and the BOAF piece is gorgeous. What a sweet gift too, the color is so pretty.

Carol said...

I've never seen that BOAF piece, Lois--it is so cute! And I'm so happy for you that you started Autumn at HRH--I think it is my favorite of all of them. My only worry is that your finishes are just going to tempt me to purchase the chart and start on it myself!

Your friend's gift is amazing--love the colors and her ribbon edging! Just perfect :)

Karoline said...

Your wips are looking lovely and the Bluebird is gorgeous, what a great gift.

Estrella said...

woauhhh!! i love this sampler!!
Thank you for your visit to my blog!
besitos

Jackie said...

I'm looking forward to seeing your Hawk Run piece. I've been thinking of starting one too. A block every two months seems very reasonable and I'm sure you can do it. I always love what you stitch.

Siobhan said...

Beautiful WIPs, Lois! I had fun stitching Happy Hearts and I'm glad to hear you're enjoying it, too. I just love BOAF! The AiHRH... be still my heart. I just LOVE the HRH designs. I am sooooo tempted to just go for it but then remember all the project bags stuffed with WIPs -- My Hometown among them -- and am able to reel myself in. I'll enjoy watching yours & Natalia's progress!

Your friend did a FANTASTIC job on the BBD! Incredible finishing!