Friday, November 19, 2010

Hearts, a Christmas sheep & a little bit of a fabric fix

Hi everyone! Progress on BOAF’s Happy Hearts continues. I’m stitching this on LL Autumn Gold although from the couple of pictures I’ve shared so far I can see that this is going to be one of those projects where the fabric ends up looking different each time I take a pic!!! Plus, in this pic I feel like the blue is coming up even more strongly than it does in ‘real life’. You’ll see I’ve now got to where I’m able to get a little bit of an ‘alphabet fix’ again!


I had a bit of a finishing day yesterday. One I can share and one will have to wait a little while as it’s for a Christmas exchange. Here’s the one I can share ….

LHN Peace on Earth on 30ct WDW straw linen & suggested threads

A Christmas present but I reckon I’m safe enough to share a pic as the person who’ll be receiving it has no idea that ‘Of Needles, Pins & Stitching Things’ exists and I really doubt that she is going to stumble across my blog any time soon. As you can see I decided to finish this one as a flatfold, the same way as I finished LHN's Red House a couple of months ago. The fabric you can see is what I used for the backing.

The Creative Stitches craft show rolled into town last weekend. I went along with a couple of friends but found that it was mainly card making or beading stalls. No stitching supplies, not even a skein of DMC to be found. There were several good quilting stalls though so I didn’t come away empty handed …….



and I did enjoy fondling fabric even if it was of the quilting variety. I love the red one with what I’m taking to be large snowflakes, there are several other Christmas ones and I do love green so couldn’t resist picking up this bundle of greens in fat 1/8ths.

That's it from me for this time. Thanks, as always, for dropping by! Wherever you are I hope you have a good weekend. I think our weather is meant to be quite nice, thank goodness, it seems like there’s been nothing but rain and gales this week. I’ve had enough of rainy, wet weather for a while.

Until next time ……

21 comments:

Margaret said...

I love your present ornie! And your BOAF sampler is coming along nicely. Too bad that fair didn't have any stitching booths. At least you got some nice fabrics!

Annie said...

Your ornie is so cute. Very nice finishing. That will make a great gift.

I like your sampler too. You've made good progress already.

I can never get enough of those pretty backing fabrics. You've added a nice set to your stash.

KarenV said...

Peace on Earth turned out great! I love the red fabric that's sitting underneath it.

Nice progress on Happy Hearts, I've never been too struck on this one, but I'm liking it more after seeing your close-up WIPs :)

Wonderful stash haul, I have a bit of a preference for green fabric too!

Chris said...

Congratulations on the ornie finish. Your new fabric is beautiful.

Denise said...

Lois, Peace on Earth is so sweet! Love the colors! The fabrics you chose at the show are lovely. I can imagine you really enjoyed looking at it all.

gracie said...

The Happy Hearts is coming along...and the ornament is nicely finished...too bad about the fair, but I guess you found somthing to keep you busy!

natalyK said...

Great progress and a beautiful finish!!

Deborah said...

Wonderful finish! Great fabric.

Carol said...

Awww...I love your little sheep flatfold, Lois! He is so cute--I really must add him to my "to-be-stitched" pile. And your BOAF is coming along very nicely.

I love buying fabrics, too! Although I am always partial to anything blue. You got some lovely ones--can't wait to see how you end up using them :)

Supposed to be a nice weekend here, too, but I'll be in the kitchen baking for Thanksgiving. Enjoy your sunny days!

valerie said...

Great progress on Happy Hearts. I love seeing this one stitched up...looks much better than the photo!

Cute flatfold finish and fabrics too!

Lee said...

What a sweet ornament! BOAF is coming along nicely, too. I'm having the same issues with my color photography....Two photos never look exactly the same.

I love fat quarters. So much enjoyment, so little committment!

Brigitte said...

The flatfold you made looks absolutely great. And the backing fabric is so well chosen. A very pretty finish.

Katrina said...

Gorgeous, I love BOAF and the ornament is so sweet.

Karin said...

Love your BOAF and I know it is gorgeous on the Autumn Gold..amazing how photos just dont' show the right color! Congrats on the ornament finishing. Beautiful!!

Giovanna said...

Great ornie, well done! And nice progress on the BOAF.

Karoline said...

Congratulations on the ornie finish and Hearts is looking lovely

Elaine said...

Oh a gorgeous sheepy finish Lois and your wip is looking fab!

Great stash haul, I love that red fabric too!
Have a good week. Hugs!

Dona said...

Peace on Earth is so sweet! What a nice finish.

I hate it when my fabric turns doesn't show it's true colors in my pictures!

Pretty progress on Happy Hearts!

Siobhan said...

Love your progress on the BOAF, Lois! I have had such a problem getting good pics this month. Everytime I take the camera out, the sun disappears! Your ornament is gorgeous, too. It'll be a wonderful gift!

Nice new stash! I'd love to go to that show sometime--maybe I'll aim for next year. ;)

Natalia said...

Lois, I am just catching up with all the posts in my blogger reader !! I love your progress on your BOAF sampler... and your fabrics. What a bummer that there was nothing related to stitching on the Creative Stitches show you went to.... How is The Shores going? I am so way behind, girl... We may have to give ourselves three months to finish one block !! LOL !!

Bertie said...

Oh I missed this post whilst in Holland. My niece gave me the patterns of LHN, so might make a few for presents.

The fabrics are fabulous,one can never have to much of these LOL.