Tuesday, December 21, 2010

Christmas around the corner....

Hi everyone! Thank you for all the lovely comments that you left about my monthly ornaments. I am chuffed to bits that I managed to do it this year and I’m planning to try and keep doing an ornament a month next year. Not much Christmas stitching going on around here. I did do something that is stitched, just not cross-stitched and is now hanging on our tree…


This is from a felt kit I bought a little while back and thought I would give it a go. I definitely liked how quickly it stitched up, probably just over an hour! How’s that for instant stitching gratification!!!

A little bit of fabric stash has made its way to my house. These were in the sale that Buttonberry here in the UK is currently having and I couldn’t resist. I’ve ordered several times from Emma and Lisa and have had great service every time.

Right now all I’m working on when I get the chance is the first block of AaHRH which I’m now aiming to have stitched by the end of the month (Dec 16th has been and gone without it being finished - no surprise there!). So, given that there isn’t much stitching going on I thought you might like to see some of the Christmas stitching around our house……

A few snowmen....

I do love unpacking our Christmas things every year. When they’ve been out of sight for most of the year there’s always a feeling of re-discovery when you unwrap them and put them out. Does anyone else find that?

Before we know it Christmas Day will be here. Only my daughter is still to arrive home, her flight is Thursday night so we’re just keeping everything crossed that the icy weather we’ve been having doesn’t cause further problems. DS#2 came home last week and DS#1 was due here on Saturday but had to change his original travel plans because of the weather and got home Sunday night. Before I go I just want to say thank you for your continued visits, to those who take the time to leave comments and for your friendship. May each and every one of you have a lovely Christmas.

Until next time ........

24 comments:

Margaret said...

I love seeing all your Christmas decorations! Beautiful! Thanks for showing us! Love that heart you made too! Have a wonderful Christmas!

Annie said...

Your little felt ornament is so sweet. Fun to do something so quick that turns out so cute. All your decorations are lovely. Have a great holiday!

CATHI said...

Beautiful decoration! Thanks for sharing! :o)

Best wishes

Cathi

gracie said...

thank you for sharing your Christmas stitchery...have a Merry Christmas with your family.

Bertie said...

Gorgeous Christmas House you have got Lois. Love your ornaments and the felt heart in your tree is so nice.
Happy Christmas and hope you are not snowed in, keep warm:))

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Your holiday decorations are just beautiful, Lois!! I hope the weather holds for all your travelers and that you have a very, merry Christmas!

Sharlotte said...

Oh Lois, how beautiful your things are!!!! Love that felf ornament too! Isn't it nice when we can get quick satifaction from something.

Merry Christmas!

Catherine said...

Thanks for sharing all of your beautiful stitching things!

I do hope everyone makes it home safe for the holidays! Stay safe, warm and stitchy!

Cindy's Stitching said...

What lovely decorations. The fabrics are so pretty. Thank you for sharing. I love seeing others peoples decor. Merry Christmas.

Giovanna said...

Beautiful Christmas stitching! Yes, I also have that feeling when I unpack mine :-)
Merry Christmas!

Shannon said...

Your decorations are beautiful and your ornament is very pretty!

Melissa said...

That little felt heart is so sweet. I love your Christmas ornaments which reminds me to try and do one a month for myself next year too...ok, one every 2 months to start? ;-)

Merry Christmas Lois! I hope all your chicks get home safely and you have a wonderful family Christmas!

thebusybeehive said...

Oh, I love your Christmas stitching and decoration! I love the heart you stitched, and your choice of fabrics. I hope your daughter makes it home safely!

Merry Christmas.

LauraB

Jan said...

Oh lois, your Christmas decorations are heavenly...you can tell each handmade item was tended with loving care and your arrangements are perfect!!

Hope that all of your family arrives safely and that your Christmas is blessed with every good thing!

Denise said...

Absolutely amazing and beautiful!
Merry Christmas!

KarenV said...

Love the little felt heart Lois and your other decorations are wonderful! I really like the snowman shelf :) I hope your daughter gets home safely and that you all enjoy a very happy Christmas!

Myra said...

Thank you for the tour Lois! Everything is so pretty. Merry Christmas to you!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous Christmas decorations!!! I hope your DD makes it home safe and sound :-). Merry Christmas!

Carol said...

I loved the little tour of your Christmas decorating, Lois--almost felt as if I were there with you. How cute it the felt ornament--don't you wish cross-stitched ones came together so easily?

I do hope your daughter arrives safely and that the weather cooperates. I know you'll be happy to have all your "chicks" home under your roof safe and sound. Have a wonderful Christmas, my friend :)

Natalia said...

Lois, thanks so much for showing us your Christmas decorations. I am so way behind you guys and, while looking at everybody's blogs, I realize I'd better get stitching some more Christmas things !! LOL.

I hope you enjoy Christmas with your family and I hope your daughter makes it home to you on time to celebrate together.

Merry Christmas !!

Rowyn said...

You have lots of beautiful Christmas stitching on your blog.

Merry Christmas!

Siobhan said...

Beautiful Christmas decorating, Lois! It's my goal to be able to do that next year. I love the felt ornament! I hope your daughter was able to make it home yesterday! DH went to Dublin to get DD on Wednesday and he said the roads were trecherous, with only one lane open on the motorways, etc.

Wishing you and yours a very blessed Christmas!

Daffycat said...

Merry Christmas, Lois!

Karoline said...

Your decorations are gorgeous.

I hope you all had a lovely Christmas