Thursday, December 9, 2010

Christmas Joy, ornaments & that resolution....

Hi everyone! An ornament finish and a look back at my monthly ornaments is what this post is going to be all about. Here is my December ornament, Cherished Stitches Christmas Joy from the 2010 JCS ornament issue. I did alter things on this one. I changed the colours, used GA Cranberry and WDW Juniper, and it is stitched on 32ct cream Belfast linen. Instead of the acorns I stitched the tree motifs.

Guess what?!?!?! This year, for the first time ever, I have managed to keep to my resolution made way back in January of stitching an ornament a month. Do you know how many years I would say that it was one of my resolutions and my family would give me that look; you know the one, that look of ‘yeah right, we’ll believe that when we see it. How many years have you been telling us this one?!?!?!?!’. Well, this year, somehow, I stayed on track. The summer months were the ones where I found it could easily have become a chore but I hung on in there. I even managed to stitch a couple of other ornaments in the mix but below you can see my ‘official’ monthly ornaments, the ones I would tell Siobhan and Cari each month that I was planning to stitch.


Jan - Prairie Schooler Santa from A Christmas Visit chart*
Feb - Blackbird Designs Merry Christmas Stocking*
Mar – Prairie Schooler Santa from A Christmas Visit chart*
Apr – Homespun Elegance Joyous Heart*


May – Homespun Elegance Mr Candy Cane*
Jun – Little House Needleworks Red House in Winter
Jul – JBW Designs Christmas Tree
Aug – Renato Parolin Joy


Sep – Bright Needle Holiday Stars freebie
Oct – Blackbird Designs JCS Ornament issue 2010
Nov – Midnight Stitching Snowman’s Quaker Christmas freebie
Dec – Cherished Stitches JCS Ornament issue 2010 (with own changes from original)

Those marked * were finished by Deb of Artistic Needle.

Thank you everyone for your lovely comments on my snowman ornament finish last time round. I think we all are in agreement at how inspiring it is to read blogs and how much we get from the friendships and being able to share in each other’s creativity. Thanks as always for your continued visits and taking the time to leave a comment. I am somewhat behind on my blog reading and commenting. My daughter was home for a long weekend (went back Tuesday night) and I can say that for the time she was home I did not pick up a needle. I’m supposedly meant to have block 1 done of AiHRH by the middle of next week. Yeah, well, we’ll see!!! I think I’ll be needing to have the turbo needles out to get that done.

Hope all is well with you and yours.
Until next time …….

34 comments:

KarenV said...

Fantastic ornaments Lois! I really love all your choices for this year. Congratulations for sticking to your goal. Merry Christmas!

Sadie said...

They are all so beautiful Lois! Well done :-) I am sure that your tree looks simply stunning with all it's new ornaments x

gracie said...

what a lovely group of ornaments...good job staying on your game plame!

Margaret said...

Oh my! What an accomplishment! Congratulations on keeping your resolution. I love all your ornies! Beautiful! You must feel so good looking at them all!

Annie said...

What a fabulous collection! You did a beautiful job and I love all the different shapes and finishes.

Chris said...

Lois,
Your ornaments are beautiful. A great accomplishment!

Chris

Faye said...

Your display is very inspirational Lois~~ I love them all!! Merry Christmas to you and your family.

Faye

Jackie said...

Congratulations on meeting your goal! Stitched AND finished!!! They're all lovely and I'm sure your tree looks extra special this year.

LyndaB said...

What a beautiful job you did on them all!

Bertie said...

Lois you can be so proud of your ornaments and your own finishes are as good as the one's made by AS :))

Carol said...

Congratulations on achieving your monthly ornament goal, Lois! I love them all and I think that you've discovered that your finishing is every bit as nice as that on the ones you sent out to be finished. The more you finish, the more your confidence grows, doesn't it?

Will you be doing this next year, too? I'm planning on it again (although first I have to finish my ornaments for both November and December!!)...I'm sure you just love staring at your tree with all of these beauties hanging on it :)

Catherine said...

Congrats on finishing your twelve!! They are beautiful! I think I might give this a try this coming year!

Katrina said...

Love all your ornaments!!! Really gorgeous :-).

dixiesamplardesigns said...

That is definitely something to be proud of...you stuck to a resolution AND you now have 12 beautiful Christmas ornaments to adorn your tree! I kinda like that idea...I think I am going to do that this year!! Thanks for the inspiration.

Happy Stitchin'
Terri

Deborah said...

Great bunch of ornaments and they are finished beautifully.

Mary said...

You can be so proud of what you've accomplished, Lois!
Each ornament is beautiful and your finishes are fabulous!

Enjoy your tree with it's new adornments :)

Merry Christmas!

Diana said...

Congratulations on finishing an ornament for each month! They are all very pretty. I like the changes you made on your last ornament.

Cath said...

Totally lovely ornies . well done for keeping it up .X

valerie said...

Beautiful ornaments! They are all fabulous! Congrats on meeting your goal this year. I am hoping to do the same next year!

Mary said...

Congratulations - what an achievement! They are all so beautiful, including your finishing too.
Yes, we all make grand plans each year but you have certainly followed through on yours.
Mary

Christina said...

What a divine collection of ornaments! Well done you for sticking to one a month. I think my favourites are the homespun elegance hearts, really beautiful.

Myra said...

Congratulations Lois! All of those are just beautiful and are going to look fabulous on your tree.

Lisa V said...

All your ornies are lovely. Congratulations on achieving your goal.
LISA V

Brigitte said...

OMG, you really followed through. Congratulations! And they are all finish-finished. What an achievement. And they are all so beautiful. I don't know how often I have had the same plan but I never managed, lol.

Melissa said...

Congratulations, Lois! It must feel like such an accomplishment to have these beauties all day. Maybe I can try that next year! (I did say "maybe")

Giovanna said...

Congrats on achieving your monthly goal, I really admire you for that! And what a great collection of ornies, they're all gorgeous!

Natalia said...

Oh Lois, they are all so beautiful !! Congratulations on finishing your challenge. I think it is a wonderful idea and I may consider doing that in 2011. I think one ornament a month is doable, isn't it?

How are your Shores? I am so way behind still, but working on it. Maybe I'll catch up and by mid February I'll have two blocks.

I wish you a most Wonderful and Merry Christmas !!

staci said...

Gorgeous ornaments Lois, each and every one of them! Congrats on meeting your challenge...I'm sure your ornaments will bring you many years of joy :)

Cathy B said...

Lois - all of your ornaments are fabulous. I wish I could stitch to a schedule like that and get one stitched per month! Beautiful!

Robin-Samplerbird said...

What a wonderful assortment of ornament finishes for the year! They are all beautifully stitched and perfectly finished! I'm thinking of adopting your challenge and coordinating it with the 2011 - 15 project challenge that is going around.

Congratulations on accomplishing your 2010 challenge!!!

Siobhan said...

Wow. That's all. Just wow. I am SOOOOO impressed, both at your incredible array of ornaments and at your ability to stick with it. Maybe some year that will happen to me. ;) Great job!!

Karoline said...

Gorgeous ornaments, congratulations

Marnie said...

Way to go! I know how difficult it is to keep such a resolution.

All - Beautiful!!

Merry Christmas

Berit said...

Okay, these are fabulous! I'm hard-pressed to pick a favorite (who asked me to, lol!?) but I'm going to go with the BBD. The Finishing with that trim just puts it over the top!

The PS'es are also calling to me and of course I love that HE Joy Heart! You must have the prettiest tree in town right about now. ;)