Thursday, December 30, 2010

Stitching gifts, finishes and plans for 2011

Hi everyone! Even though it’s not even a week since Christmas Day it already feels like ages ago. I hope everyone had a nice Christmas. Ours was lovely, spent with my parents. I do have one more Christmas pic to share, a gift that I have received from my stitching friend Jenny (no blog). When I opened the package and found this inside ….

I was just thrilled. I love this CHS design and love how she’s finished it.

I can’t say that I’ve been managing to get much stitching done in the last week but, when I did, I worked on Autumn at Hawk Run Hollow and look at what I can show you…

Yes, block 1 is completed! I can honestly say I underestimated just how much stitching there was going to be in these blocks. There I was thinking, two months to stitch a block and have it as a sort of part-time project, no problem! How wrong was I?!?!?! Now that I realise that each block will take some serious, in-depth stitching I will be making sure I work on it each week and not just think I can pick it up and have it done in a few days!!

Coming to the end of 2010 and my mind is full of what I’d like to stitch in 2011. I’m definitely going for an ornament a month and I want to also include these as smaller monthly projects.

Add in my AaHRH blocks plus one main project and maybe this ‘one project at a time’ stitcher is going to find herself a little over-extended! Let’s see how I go!!!!

Thanks for all your lovely comments about my Christmas decorating in my last post. Once we get past the New Year celebrations I will be itching to get Christmas packed away for another year and then the house will seem quite bare. Wishing everyone a happy and healthy 2011! I am looking forward to another year of blogging and friendship!

Until next time …

17 comments:

MrsB said...

A lovely present from your stitching friend - I love the finish!

I also like your AaHRH square. I'd love to stitch that at some time in the future, but have banned myself from buying any new charts/kits for a while, until I have stitched a few more of the ones I have!

I hope you have a Peaceful and Prosperous New Year...

Lynn (UK)

Siobhan said...

What a gorgeous gift from Jenny! It is so pretty. I love your AiHRH block, too. I know how much work goes into each block--YGG!

Good luck with your 2011 plans. Blogging corrupts you a bit, doesn't it?! In a good way, of course! I know you can do it!

Bertie said...

Love your Christmas ornament, isn't it wonderful when friends stitch for you:)
The 1st block looks great, have not yet tackled any of the HRH series, and you just confirmed the amount of stitching LOL.
Happy New Year.

Margaret said...

I love your pressie from Jenny. So pretty! Your block 1 of AaHRH looks fabulous! There's always more stitching in those blocks than you think, isn't there? I like the ornies you're planning on stitching in 2011. Good choices! Have a wonderful, healthy and happy New Year!

Annie said...

Your gift from Jenny is just precious. A lovely final 2010 present.

Those HRH pieces always intimidate me with their size and large color blocks. But the results are so beautiful. I guess a little at a time is the key and just don't worry about the finish line. It will come.

Have a great new year. Looking forward to seeing what you come up with in 2011!

Dona said...

What a pretty gift! I love fabric used for the back, too. And congratulations on finishing block.

Happy New Year!

Tommye said...

What a lovely gift.

AaHRH looks great! I know what you mean about underestimating those HRH squares! Shores took me a lot longer than I planned. Don't know when I'll get to the Christmas one.

Melissa said...

I love that pincushion too. That design is so sweet. Your AaHRH block is very nice. One day I will stitch one of those designs...?

I like the 2 new charts you got. I really had to resist getting the Primitive Calendar. Trying to restrain myself!

Happy New Year, Lois! May it be filled with Health, Happiness & lots of time for stitching!

KarenV said...

What a beautiful gift from your friend! :) Love the projects you've got lined up for next year - your first block on AaHRH looks fantastic! Happy New Year!

Jan said...

Sn swesome finish on that block! There is a lot of work in these pieces!!

I hope that your New Year is everything you desire and more!

Carol said...

YAY! One block down, eleven to go! It looks wonderful, Lois, and I know how much time goes into each one...

I love the gift from Jenny--she did a wonderful job on it...And I think both of your new pieces for 2011 look like they'll be fun to stitch. Will you stitch 12 Days all on one piece of fabric or as little ornaments?

May 2011 bring you many smiles, my friend :) It has been so much fun getting to know you this year!

Natalia said...

Lois, Autum at HRH??? Whatever happened to The Shores?? You crack me up, girl ! Anyway, your finished block looks just beautiful... I love the colors. Nice gift you received too..
Happy New Year to you !!!

Katrina said...

Gorgeous present!!!! Love your plans for next year too :-).

Happy New Year!

Denise said...

What a neat post! I seem to have the same problem sometimes with
underestimating a chart.
I have taken down and packed up the
Christmas decorations but I have 2 Christmas charts I want to finish.
I will be looking forward to see what you stitch next!

Giovanna said...

Lovely gift, and congrats on getting the 1st block of AaHRH done! Happy New Year!

Karin said...

Happy New Year Lois! Love your gift and congrats on the 1st block!~

Anita said...

Very impressive christmas ornament and christmas stitching.