Friday, January 14, 2011

Another small finish and back to some hearts

Hi everyone! Another week and another small finish to share. This is the little pillow that’s for the month of January from the Nikyscreations Primitive Calendar. I’m hoping to stitch these each month and have the twelve completed by the end of the year. This one is stitched on 32ct lambswool using the suggested DMC threads.

I’ve picked BOAF’s Happy Hearts Sampler up again. It was put to one side leading up to Christmas but it’s nice to be working on it again. Feels like the perfect time of year to be stitching on it with February just around the corner. This continues to be the fabric that never looks the same twice when I take a pic!!! This is being stitched on 32ct LL Autumn Gold. At some stage I will hopefully have a pic to share that shows the real colour of this fabric!!!

I’m having fun watching everyone’s progress on the Crazy January Challenge. It was something that wouldn’t have worked for me but that doesn’t stop me enjoying seeing what everyone is picking to stitch and how they are getting on. There are some lovely projects out there. I’ve seen charts that I have in my stash that are definitely now calling my name and, of course, I’ve also seen charts that aren’t in my stash but I think will probably be making their way there at some point!

As always, thanks for the lovely comments you take time to leave and thanks for dropping by! Have a good weekend!

Until next time…..

22 comments:

Bertie said...

Very nice Lois, looks like a lot of wonderful ornaments.
Your BOF looks wonderful, I do love the colours on this sampler and your linen looks very complementary too:))

Giovanna said...

Your pillow is lovely - what a great idea to stitch one each month.

Catherine said...

Love, love , love your finish!! I somehow missed seeing this calendar - I'll have to look for it!

Your BOAF piece of so cute!

Katrina said...

Cute, cute, cute and I love how you finished it!!!! And your BOAF piece is wonderful.

Annie said...

Cute pillow. I love the stitching around the edge.

And yes, Valentine's Day is right around the corner so your BOAF is the perfect piece for the season!

Siobhan said...

Congrats on the finish, Lois! I love the way that you finished it. Great idea! Still primitive but with a little twist.

Your BOAF looks great--it's coming along nicely! :)

Criminal Minds tonight! Woot!! Have a great weekend.

Elaine said...

Oh I love how you have finished this Lois, it;s so pretty.
Your BOAF is also looking fab.
Happy Stitching!

Cindy's Stitching said...

I like these. I am sure you can finish one each month.

Carol said...

I'm not familiar with this calendar, Lois, but I love your first finish from it! I love the colors in it and the peak of the December ornament shown on the cover looks wonderful, too...

Yes, your Happy Hearts Sampler will be perfect to display on Valentine's Day. I love the little man handing his sweetheart a valentine heart! Will she be on the opposite side of the sampler?

Hope you are staying warm and toasty over there--have a wonderful weekend, my friend :)

gracie said...

I really like the pillow each month...and it is small enough to be doable. Yours is lovely, as is all your work...glad you are following us Crazies....

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

The little pillow is darling and your BOAF piece is looking great!

valerie said...

Cute pillow finish! I have Happy Hearts in my stash. I'll enjoy watching your progress...it looks great so far!

Margaret said...

I love your little finish -- very pretty! Nice progress on your Boaf piece too! I love it!

Teresa S. said...

This is the first time I have seen this calendar too. The pillow is very cute and I like the stitching around the edge.

Mary said...

That's a sweet little pillow and I love the way you have finished it. Your heart sampler is coming along well too.

KarenV said...

Great finish Lois! Happy Hearts is looking lovely too, it looks like a fun stitch with all the different motifs :)

Rowyn said...

I love the little prim pincushion - so sweet.

You're making great progress on the BOAF sampler.

Myra said...

I love that little pillow - such a pretty design.

Melissa said...

Love Happy Hearts. I wish BOAF was still designing!

I haven't bought the Primitive Calendar yet but you keep showing these wonderful things! I'm probably doomed...

Karoline said...

Your January pillow is lovely, congratulations.

Great progress on Happy Hearts.

Sally said...

What a pretty finish!

Love your WIP. Gorgeous colours.

Jan said...

OH that little pillow is so very pretty, Lois! Makes me want to go and get the book for all of them! I will enjoy seeing yours come to life this year.

Your Happy Hearts is so very happy and pretty too...great progress!!