Monday, January 24, 2011

Happy Hearts & still going with those small finishes

Hi everyone! A little more progress on BOAF’s Happy Hearts Sampler to share. As you can see the alphabet is now complete and now it’s time to get back to some more hearts and start working on the number blocks that are along the bottom. I’m thinking that I might just break that up a little, do a number block and then work on another part and not just leave all that solid stitching to the end.


I seem to be on a roll with my intention to stitch more smalls in 2011. Now, it’s still January so this is probably more a case of January enthusiasm that will slowly fade out during February!!! Here’s EE&F’s Petit Exemplary #4 finished as a scissor fob. I stitched this little one on some 32ct cream linen and used the suggested DMC. It lists Anchor threads and I have the feeling that this was what it was probably originally stitched in as the windows and door on the house don’t seem to stand out as clearly as on the picture in the chart.


Stitching plans for this week? I want to concentrate on CHS AaHRH. I’ve stitched a little on the second block but I really need to just set aside some time to make major inroads into it rather than just a day here or there. I’ve my ornament for January stitched but not put together yet, plan is to do that this week too so I can report a finish before the end of the month.

Thanks for your lovely comments on my little pillow finish. I can’t wait to start the February one but I’m going to hold out and wait until the month starts. Thanks for your continued visits and comments and I hope that this week is a good one for everyone.

Until next time…..

20 comments:

Jane said...

Beautiful stitching and colouring on both your WIP and finish.
Hope your enthusiasm doesn't go walkabouts as you seem to be on real roll at the moment and hope to see your January ornament on your next post ~ hope you have a good week too xxx

KarenV said...

Great progress on the BOAF piece Lois, I really like the style of the letters on this one. Sweet finish too - I have a couple of EEF that I'm hoping to get to soon! They have such a nice, soft colour palette, don't they?

Bertie said...

Oh your Happy Hearts is so lovely, will you get it finished before Valentine's day Lois:))
EE&F fob is lovely, I do love the subtle colours.

Siobhan said...

Wonderful progress on your BOAF piece, Lois! It looks great. You did a fabulous job on the E&E&F fob!

Margaret said...

Great progress on your Boaf! Love it so far! I love the little pillow from EEF too -- so pretty!

Annie said...

The BOAF piece is looking so pretty. Good idea to alternate between the solid parts and the rest.

Love your little finish. It's always a bit annoying when the alternate color scheme doesn't turn out the way you hoped, but the soft muted colors look very nice nonetheless.

Katrina said...

Love Happy Hearts and the little EEF finish is adorable.

staci said...

Very pretty progress on Happy Hearts! Your fob is sweet indeed!

Sally said...

Lovely progress on your sampler. Love the little fob. It's so sweet.

Michele said...

Congratulations on your finish! Happy Hearts looks beautiful!

Jackie said...

The fob is adorable and you've made good progress on your BoaF piece. I'm really looking forward to your AaHRH update! What fabric are you using?

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the very pretty fob! Great progress on the sampler - so cute!

valerie said...

Your Happy Hearts is looking lovely and great job on the EEF fob! I'm looking forward to seeing what you picked for your January ornie.

Susan said...

I think changing about from one area to another is good - not so boring! Great Stitching!

Happy Stitching!

Melissa said...

Happy Hearts is just beautiful! It is such an awesome piece.

I like your lovely EEF finish, so pretty!

Denise said...

Hey Lois!
Like the others, I love those letters in the Happy Hearts! The
colors in the little fob are lovely. You do such pretty work.
One day your children will be fighting over it all....!!

Carol said...

Hi Lois! I do love your little scissor fob--such soft colors! And your Happy Hearts is coming along nicely, too. I really like the design of the letters in the alphabet in this one, don't you?

I'm in the same place with my January ornament--it is stitched but not finished. At least we still have another week :) Can't wait to see yours!

Natalia said...

Lois, great progress on your BOAF !! I hadn't seen it in a while... I love your little fob also..

Karoline said...

Happy Hearts is looking lovely and the EEF pillow is gorgeous, congratulations

Elaine said...

Happy Hearts is such a pretty piece Lois and your fob finish is beautiful!