Friday, January 7, 2011

New Year - first finish

Hi everyone! Time for an update I think although I can’t say that my stitching is back in full gear yet. A first finish for 2011 though, this one…


BBD’s Sweet Heart from the Joyeux Noel book stitched on some 32ct cream that I had in my fabric stash and GA threads. I did substitute a couple of the colours, Chamomile for the stems and leaves and Harvest Basket for the basket. I’m sending this one off to be finished.

Without making any definite New Year resolutions I do want to follow on from last year and stitch more that is already in my stash. Looking back on my 2010 finishes I’ve realised I did quite well in that regard. The majority of my stitching was what I already had (although that didn’t stop me adding to my stash!!). I’m also going to add in fabric and threads and try and work more from what I have. Too often I convince myself that I have to have the suggested fabric only to order it and when it arrives realise that I already had a suitable alternative. That’s what can happen when you are so reliant on online ordering I guess.

Stitching more smalls is also on the agenda for this year plus working more on AaHRH and Christmas ornaments. I’ve finally got round to deciding what ornament to stitch for this month and plan to work on that this weekend. I also want to pick up BOAF’s Happy Hearts Sampler again. This one has been sitting sadly neglected for about a month now.

Happy New Year everyone! May your year be one of health, happiness and lots of stitching enjoyment. As always, thanks for dropping by and thanks to those who take the time to leave a comment! It’s always lovely to hear from you.

Until next time…..

27 comments:

KarenV said...

That's a beautiful first finish Lois! Such a pretty design and your colour changes are great.

Online ordering is tricky, isn't it? I just ordered some quilting fabric and the colour was nothing like the website picture, such a pain :( I'll be joining you on the stitching from stash front too.

gracie said...

So lovely! This year I have been using more of my stash fabric...I think we get hung up on what the pattern states and forget that we can add our selection as well.

Margaret said...

So pretty! I look forward to seeing it all finished finished. I agree -- online ordering makes things tough. Colors and etc can be quite surprising in the end.

Sally said...

Thank you for visiting my blog and for your lovely comment.

Your first finish of 2011 is beautiful. Gorgeous colours :)

Online ordering is not easy is it.

Annie said...

Very sweet finish.

I think my stash would be much smaller if I didn't have to order most things online. You just never know exactly what things will look or feel like.

Bertie said...

Lois, you are on the move here:)) lovely design and colours.

Giovanna said...

Very pretty finish - congrats, and have a great 2011!

Sadie said...

Congratulations on your first finish for 2011 Lois, it's lovely.
I'll be mostly stitching from stash this year too, unless we win the lottery!
Happy new year x

Cath said...

A beautiful finish , I love the colours . X

Catherine said...

Lovely finish - such soft colors!

Katrina said...

Really sweet Lois!!! I am so happy you have a blog, it's so great to hear from you so regularly :-).

Love your goals, I want to finish more ornaments and BBD stockings this year.

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Very pretty, Lois and your picture is lovely as well!

valerie said...

What a pretty finish! I have my ornie set aside for this month too. I just need to get a little bit more done on my Snow Garden before starting it.

Mary said...

This is a very sweet finish Lois. You have some interesting pieces waiting to be done as well. I am getting cold feet about starting CAHRH because it seems as though there is more work in them than you realise at first.

Beth said...

Lovely design and stitching - a nice way to start off the new year.

Myra said...

Beautiful finish Lois. Online ordering is difficult sometimes but unfortunately the only option I have here.

Jackie said...

What a beautiful finish! I love your thread selections.

I rely so much on online ordering too. Sometimes things are different than they appear especially with fabrics.

Brigitte said...

Oh Lois, what a wonderful first finsih in the new year. I have always loved this heart when I saw it on the blogs but I have never come to stitch it myself. I might include this in my ornament-a-month SAL.
I'm also stitching from my stash this year. Again, as I was doing so the last year as well. I know it's a lot of fun because there are usually things in our stash that we bought because we really really loved them. And that hasn't changed with most of our stash, has it?.

Maggie said...

Beautiful finish, so delicate looking!

Good luck with your stitching goals for 2011 :-)

Carol said...

What a lovely way to start the stitching year, Lois. I just love the colors and everything about this finish. How will you have it finished?

I'm stitching from stash this year, too, but it sure is hard to resist something new when we're tempted with all of these new charts on others' blogs, isn't it?!

I do hope your new year brings you nothing but happiness and good health, my friend :)

Jan said...

Happy New Year, dear Lois! Hope yours is blessed and you find lots of time to stitch whatever it is you would like.

I love this finish, it is very pretty!

Elaine said...

Such a pretty finish Lois. Having no stitchy shops I need to rely on online ordering too.
I;m playing catch-up with my blogs so I;ve just seen your beautiful Christmas stitching pieces. Can you tell me who the framed Snowmen and the gorgeous red piece that are on your shelf are by, thanks.

Sharon said...

Lovely finish! I do the same with fabric too!

Dani - tkdchick said...

What a lovely 2011 finish!

Natalia said...

So pretty Lois !! I look forward to seeing all your ornaments through the year. Happy New Year !!

Siobhan said...

Congratulations on the finish, Lois! It's one of the many BBDs that I'd like to do this year. I can relate to the feelings about stitching from stash. As I've been gathering stuff for the Crazy challenge, I am shocked to discover just how much linen I have and how I can make it work when necessary. It's definitely been an eye opener! Good luck attaining your goals for this year. Happy new year to you & yours!

Karoline said...

A beautiful finish Lois, congratulations