Wednesday, February 9, 2011

Happy Hearts

Hi everyone! I’ve picked up BOAF’s Happy Hearts Sampler this week and have enjoyed getting back into it. I started this back in November then between the lead up to Christmas, putting it down to work on AaHRH and stitching smalls, this piece has been a little neglected. It’s a dark, wet day here today and having tried to take a picture in natural light I ended up using the flash. It actually gives a better idea of the true colour of the fabric than any of the other progress pics. They have looked washed out no matter what light I took them in!!

Other than that, I did finish this…

Yes, the first block of PS 12 Days of Christmas which I ran out of time to finish in January. Stitched on the suggested fabric using the suggested DMC threads. The plan is to stitch these all individually.

Thanks for the lovely comments on my finished January ornament. I have decided on which one I’m stitching this month, got everything gathered together today, so plan on getting started on that plus, I want to work on the February chart from the Nikyscreations Primitive Calendar.

I had an unexpected trip to the dentist today having broken a bit off a tooth and 6 hours later my mouth is only just starting to thaw out! Not my favourite place to visit but it was good to get the tooth fixed so quickly. I had phoned to see when I could get an appointment and was told there was a cancellation that I could take if I was able to get over there. So, I jumped into the car and headed off. Good to get the tooth fixed and a definite bonus was that it didn’t give me any time to stress over having to have work done! Before I had really thought about it I was in that dentist’s chair!

Hope all is well with you and yours.
Until next time…..

22 comments:

Margaret said...

Ugh! Dentist! I hate going to the dentist. lol! I love your Boaf piece though! And your PS finish -- it's wonderful!

Deb said...

Aren't dental trips the worst! Glad that everything went well. Love your BOAF piece - glad that you picked it up again, and your PS finish is fantastic!

Lee said...

I'm loving your BOAF progress! Looks great, Lois.

Annie said...

The BOAF is so sweet. It definitely should get extra attention in Valentine's Day season.

Glad you got the dental work taken care of quickly. The anticipation is often much worse than the actual visit.

Melissa said...

Love Happy Hearts. I still remember it well, stitching it one NY Eve years ago! It really is such a lovely sampler!

Nice start on the PS days!

Thank goodness you could get your tooth fixed quickly!

Catherine said...

Your BOAF looks great as does your PS!

Oh - I don't like the dentist!

Catherine said...

Your BOAF looks great as does your PS!

Oh - I don't like the dentist!

merumo said...

Lovely sampler by BOAF! It looks perfect for Valentines Day!! And congrats to your first piece from PS 12 Days of Christmas. It sure looks cute :) I haven't looked at Nicky's new book yet, but am thinking to stitch a small sampler from her first booklet. Where can I find that time!? Glad to hear about your tooth was taken care of right away. Its not a fun place to be for sure...

Myra said...

Your stitching is so pretty. Your BOAF is coming right along and the PS finish is adorable. I abhor the dentist but they are a necessary evil I suppose. :o)

gracie said...

The sampler is looking really very nice....sorry about the dentist...I always dread going and I only go to have them cleaned!

Natalia said...

BOAF is looking great, Lois !! I love your finish also.
Dentist???? Oh my gosh, I get a stomachache just thinking about going to the dentist, and trust me... I am very much due for a visit. Yikes !!

Sally said...

Lovely finish and your BOAF WIP is looking so pretty.

Yuck I hate the dentist!

KarenV said...

Your BOAF piece looks wonderful Lois, not too much more to do!

Great PS finish too. Sorry about the dentist, I hate going but am due for a check up - ugh!

Bertie said...

BOAF Hearts looks wonderful, your nearly there, every time I see it it grows on me more and more.
Love your partridge too :)
Hope your tooth is fine now, dentists are great really LOL. I never mind going there, mine is really good.

Katrina said...

I hate the dentist so sooner is better than later :-). Love your BOAF piece and the ornament.

Carol said...

Hi Lois! So sorry to hear about the trip to the dentist, but good to have it taken care of quickly. I have to go just for a checkup and cleaning next month and am already dreading it!

Your BOAF stitching is darling--I'll bet you'll have this finished soon. Love the little Partridge. I stitched him a long time ago, but never finished it off.

Hope you get some sun over there very soon. We have some today ( I think only about our 4th sunny day all winter!!) and it really lifts the spirits :)

Brigitte said...

Happy Hearts is such a beautiful piece and I always love to see it on someone's blog.
Very nice PS finish!

Karoline said...

Happy hearts is looking gorgeous,great progress.

Cute partridge, congratulations.

Glad you were able to get the tooth sorted straight away.

Siobhan said...

Yikes on the tooth!! I hope you're not having any residual problems.

Happy Hearts looks great! You've made tremendous progress. Love the ornament, too!

Estrella said...

the happy hearts are beautiful! and i love too the ornament from the Brightneedle for january. I love too
your projet PS 12 days
sorry my english is awful!
Me gusta mucho tu blog . Ha sido un descubrimiento fantástico!

Lawrence Gilstrap said...

Good thing you got your tooth fixed in no time. My wife's tooth got cracked, and we're visiting the dentist in Collierville tomorrow. We were advised that we should not ignore tooth cracks, so she immediately called the dental office for an appointment.

The partridge looks really nice, btw.

Ann at Beadlework. said...

Hi Lois
How are you stitching your twelve days, are you doing them all on one piece of fabric? I've delayed starting mine as I can't decide.