Wednesday, February 16, 2011

Some heart love

Hi everyone! Look what turned up on my doorstep a couple of days ago …..


I had sent these to Deb at Artistic Needle for finishing and I am beyond thrilled with what she has done. First up is BBD’s Sweet Heart which was my first finish of this year. She finished it exactly as I asked with the chenille trim and I am just thrilled with it. It’s filled with a mix of crushed walnut shells and polyfill and I love the extra weight the walnut shells give it.


Then here’s BBD’s Pins & Tulips pincushion. This is a finish from last year, so it’s been sitting for a while asking me to do something with it. Again, Deb followed my wishes and I love it. It’s also filled with a mix of crushed walnut shells and polyfill.


Two more fantastic finishes from Deb that I’m still oohing and aahing over because never in a million years could I have made them look so nice!

As for my own stitching. Well, it’s a little bit past Valentine’s Day but here is a heart finish. It’s the February pillow from A Primitive Calendar by Nikyscreations. A quick stitch and a quick finish! I went with a running stitch round the edge so it is finished slightly differently. This was stitched on 32ct lambswool linen using the suggested DMC.


I’m planning on stitching a BOAF Christmas ornament for this month and the suggested fabric is BOAF’s Wren Brown which, I don’t have, and have never had, in my stash. Any suggestions on a suitable alternative? I have some Chestnut and I was wondering if that was close or am I way off. It’s seems somewhat similar to the picture on the chart. Any thoughts much appreciated! When it comes to changing fabric I am such a ditherer!!!!

Hope everyone is having a good week. Thanks for all the lovely comments left last time round. It is always so good to hear from everyone.

Until next time …..

25 comments:

Giovanna said...

Oh my goodness, how pretty are those? Congratulations, and what a great job by Deb!

KarenV said...

Deb did a fantastic job, they both look wonderful! Your little heart finish is cute too - the running stitch is the perfect way to finish this little piece.

Annie said...

Beautiful finishes, including your heart with the clever running stitch border. I'll have to remember that technique!

Can't help with the Wren Brown, but I suspect a blogger will come along to help you!

Margaret said...

Deb's finishing is always amazing. I love both of those pieces! Love your little running stitch finished piece as well. I'm afraid I don't know much about that fabric so I can't help. Sorry -- I'm sure someone will know!

Michele said...

Beautiful smalls!

Katrina said...

Not sure on the linen, but if you are happy with the floss toss I am sure it will be great!!!

Gorgeous pin cushions and I love how Deb finished them. Sweet Stacy Nash piece too.

Tricia said...

Wow I love your pincushions, and I really like the running stitch idea. I will definitely try that on my next one. I really really love those pincushions ~ I do not believe one can have enough pincushions!

Andrea said...

Deb is always the best, isn't she? I have yet to see anyone that matches her level of perfection!
Of course, your stitching is wonderful too :)
xoxo

Kathy Ellen said...

Lovely stitching and finishes on your BBD's Sweetheart and Pins & Needles Pincushion. I love your sweet February heart pincushion too, and what a great idea to finish it with a running stitch:)

Bertie said...

Stunning Lois, the finishes are just gorgeous:))The heart surround with chenille is fabulous, have not dared to use mine yet.
Your finish of the heart is fabulous too, I do like the stitches you put all around, as good as Deb's!!
Have a great week.

gracie said...

Oh so very pretty.....love the heart!

Mouse said...

WoW what lovely finishes and beautifully stitched as well :) ... can't help you with your enquirey sorry love mouse xxxx

Melissa said...

Oh such pretty finishes from Deb! Of course you did a wonderful job of stitching them first. Love the little heart you stitched too. I haven't bought that calendar yet but you keep enabling me, Lois!

Siobhan said...

You and Deb make a great team!! I love how she finished off your BBDs. GREAT job on your pin cushion, too! YGG!

valerie said...

Gorgeous stitching by you and finishing by Deb. Love the little calendar piece...so sweet with the running stitch. Sorry I can't healp with the BOAF fabric...never heard of that color. But if you like the chestnut, go for it! :)

Beth said...

All three are wonderful - "finished" stitches become works of art in my book! Keep it up!

Deb said...

Those are so pretty Lois. You did a wonderful job stitching them and Deb did a wonderful job finishing them!

Natalia said...

Lois, they are so cute !!! Great finishes and I love the running stitch you used on Nikyscreations pincushion, I may copy that sometime !!!

Jackie said...

The beautiful finishing really sets off your beautiful stitching well! It's a fantastic partnership.

Sally said...

Deb did a fantastic job on finishing your pieces. They are beautiful.

Love your pincushion!

Carol said...

Deb's finishing really showcases your lovely stitching, Lois. The fabrics and trim are just perfect for them! And I love how you photographed them as well.

Cute little Valentine's finish...I don't think you give yourself enough credit, Lois--your finishes are always wonderful! Just look at all those gorgeous ornaments you did last year!

No suggestion on the fabric, but just throw your threads on some and one will pop out at you. I never have the suggested fabric and just use something from my stash... Good luck!

Hope your weekend is relaxing and stitch-filled, my friend :)

Suzanne said...

Wow, what pretty finishes. Deb did a fantastic job on the finishing and your stitching is beautiful. I love the little pillow. The running stitch makes a nice little border.

merumo said...

Lucky you! I've fist found Deb's work on her web album years ago and ever since, always admire her work... What a fine pieces you got!! I like Niky's too. I was thinking to stitch a small sampler from her first booklet :) Too many temptations around here...

Karoline said...

They're all gorgeous, congratulations

Brigitte said...

Youe stitching is just as beautiful as Deb's finishing.