Friday, March 11, 2011

Almost there.....

Hi everyone! Progress to report on BOAF’s Happy Hearts and I’m starting to feel like this one is nearly completed. My plan is to make this one our own family sampler. As I’ve been working on this over the past months I’ve spent time thinking about whose initials will go where and what I have in my head now is most likely what I’m going to go with. All will be revealed when I’m reporting this as a finish!

Then, here is the second of the squares from PS Twelve Days of Christmas that I’m stitching individually. Once again not quite finished in the month I had planned but finished within the first week of March! At some point I will need to stitch two of these in a month and then I’ll be back on track! Stitched on the suggested fabric - 32ct natural light - and using the suggested DMC threads.
Finally, I sent this as a little ‘thank you’ to Myra who had so kindly sent me one of her lovely project wallets several months ago. I thought it would be fun to send her something that she could use coming up to St Patrick’s Day and adapted part of the Plum Street Samplers freebie Hare’s Lucky Day as a scissor fob. I stitched it over one on a piece of fabric from my stash and used the suggested thread colours. It reached its destination last weekend, in almost record time as I had only mailed it on the Monday! I was very surprised when I received a lovely email from Myra thanking me as I had thought it would be days more before it reached her.

Hope all is well with you and yours. Stitching plans for me this weekend? I need to think about which Christmas ornament I want to stitch this month, get started on that, and some more stitching on Happy Hearts. As always thanks for the lovely comments you leave and for taking the time to drop by my blog.

Until next time ……

23 comments:

Bertie said...

Great progress Lois, it's a gorgeous sampler, the band of numbers is unusual too.
PS ornament is lovely too, I admire you stitching this in March:))
Love your little ornament.
Have a great weekend of stitching, I will take a leaf out of your book-)

Annie said...

Everything looks lovely. That little scissors fob is adorable. Love they way you adapted the design. I'll have to remember that and I just may 'borrow' that from you!

robindefender said...

Beautiful stitching progress, and the little fob is so cute!

Sherry said...

I am always impressed when I see the work you have completed or are working on -- from the first days of cross-stitch, to this -- your art has evolved beautifully.

Your choice for a family sampler? Excellent...and the joy of choosing which initials will be placed where!

Carol said...

I just love the little scissors fob that you sent Myra, Lois--those hares never fail to make me smile! And your BOAF piece is just charming. So many cute details--it will make a perfect family sampler with all the initials and dates scattered around it.

Good luck on choosing an ornament for March--you always stitch such pretty things, I know we'll all love it :)

staci said...

Lovely stitching Lois! Your BOAF piece has turned out wonderfully as has your PS ornie.

Love that scissor fob...it's adorable!

Sylvia said...

Your sampler is looking very nice - not too much longer now, and it will be finished.

The fob is so sweet - perfect for St. Paddy's day.

Catherine said...

I love the gift you sent to Myra! so cute! All of your stitches look wonderful! Happy Hearts is going to be such a personal piece for you!

Margaret said...

Wow, the Boaf piece is wonderful! Love the present for Myra too. And the PS piece -- I love that set of designs!

Deb said...

You've made such great progress on your BOAF piece. I really like that design a lot. And what's not to like about a PS piece - they're designs are so great. Love that scissor fob that you made. It's adorable.

valerie said...

Great progress on your Happy Hearts Sampler. You're almost finished! Love the little giftie for Myra and your ornie!

Myra said...

Oh Lois, happy hearts is coming along just beautifully. Every time you post a picture I "notice" another cute motif - this time the wonderful heart in hands at the top. Love the PS ornie design but you know what? I love my Lucky fob the best! Thanks again for such a generous treasure of a gift.

Karoline said...

Happy Hearts is looking gorgeous, great progress.

The ornament and fob are lovely, congratulations

Daffycat said...

Oh my, I do love that row of numbers on your sampler!

The PS 12 days is really fun. I so wish this one wasn't out of print.

OMG, that scissor fob is fabulous! Myra was thrilled to bits with it too.

Siobhan said...

Fantastic progress on your BOAF, Lois! The PS 12 Days looks great. I need to get back to my ornament stitching. The usual story for me!! LOL Your Lucky fob is so so so so so adorable!! I love it! Great job.

Tanya said...

You are almost finished. I just adore BOAF designs. I wish they were still designing. Your fob is sweet as is 12 days ornament.

Suzanne said...

Beautiful work on your BOAF sampler. I love the little pillow, very cute!

Sally said...

Lovely progress on your sampler.

Gorgeous fob you sent to Myra and love your 12 days ornament.

Giovanna said...

Wow, everything's lovely! Well done!

Berit said...

Beautiful; what a treat for the eyes this blog-post is! :o

Denise said...

You always seem to have such interesting projects going on! Your
'Happy Hearts' is really coming along. 'Twelve Days of Christmas' is a true memory maker and I love your shamrock bunnies!
Does Belfast have any major festivals for St. Patrick's Day?
Here in the US there are quite alot
of large parades: New York, Chicago and in my state, Savannah.
Happy St. Pat's!

Kathy Ellen said...

Lovely progress on your "Happy Hearts" sampler, and what a wonderful family sampler it will be too! Your "Turtle Doves" ornament is really cute, and I absolutely love the PS hare scissor fob that you created for Myra....lucky to have such a nice friend in you!

Heather's Stitching Story said...

Wonderful ornie :-)