Friday, March 4, 2011

Putting rotation to one side....

Hi everyone! I’d love to say that not having blogged for a couple of weeks means that all I’ve been doing is stitching, stitching and more stitching but, alas, not so. I have been getting a little stitching done but my lack of updating has really been more to do with life and other things getting in the way! But, here I am back on track and here goes with sharing what my needle has been doing lately.

First up, a progress pic of BOAF’s Happy Hearts Sampler (and another pic where the fabric doesn't come up as it really is!). So much for me hoping for a February finish with this one……

My plan now is to just keep working on this and this one only. It has only taken me two months into 2011 to realise that at heart I am still not a rotation girl and I prefer to just keep stitching on one larger project at a time. So, this one will be what I’ll be working on until it is completed (and hopefully that will be at some point this month!). Then I’ll turn my attention to AaHRH for a while.

I will keep to having a few smaller projects on the go. Here is my February ornament which I did keep on track with and finished by the end of the month. It’s not finished finished as I plan to send this one off to Deb to work her magic for me.

BOAF's Memories of Christmas Santa stitched on 32ct chestnut linen & suggested overdyeds.

A couple of days ago I came home to this lovely package of goodies.

I had sent Elaine some charts and she very kindly sent me a surprise ‘thank you’ package. The chocolates are long gone (I made sure I took this picture as soon as I had opened the envelope!) but I love the little pillow she stitched for me and look forward to stitching the little kit.

Another sunny day here. Today I’m off to have lunch with a dear friend who I haven’t seen in a while. We catch up every so often and it’s one of those lovely friendships where, no matter how long it is since we last saw or chatted with each other, we just pick up where we left off. Thank you, as always for dropping by my blog and for the lovely comments you leave. It is much appreciated.

Until next time….

25 comments:

Jane said...

Happy Hearts sampler is lovely, the colours are so refreshing and I love the black and white numbers at the bottom. Cute finish, do you think Deb would be interested in my ever-growing 'please finish me' pile???
Enjoy lunch and the sunshine xxx

Siobhan said...

Your Happy Hearts is so pretty, Lois! Great job on the ornament, too.

What a lovely gift from Elaine! :)

Vinniey said...

Your happy hearts is looking great and beautiful progress. Looking forward to see Deb's magic work. :) The little pillow from Elaine is gorgeous.

Bertie said...

Wonderful Lois, I did manage to get this chart, hearts are not only for February :))

How nice to receive a stitched gift, must make your day!!

KarenV said...

Happy Hearts is looking fantastic Lois! I love your little ornament too, so cute :)

Nice gifts from Elaine too, lucky you.

Carol said...

What a cute little ornament, Lois--you always have the cutest charts for your ornaments that I've never seen before! And, even though you didn't finish it in February as you wished, your Happy Hearts sampler is just darling--it won't be long now.

I'm a one-at-a-time stitcher, too--just don't know how all these stitchers juggle so many projects!

Kindness begets kindness and your sweet pillow from Elaine certainly exemplifies that :) You are both such kind stitchers!

Have a wonderful weekend, my friend :)

Annie said...

Happy Hearts is so pretty. You'll be done in no time.

Cutie patootie ornament too. Looking forward to seeing the finish.

Margaret said...

I love your Happy Hearts -- It's looking so pretty! Love the ornament too. And what a lovely gift from Elaine!

staci said...

Your BOAF is coming right along! Love your Feb ornie (and I like those bells that are pictured with it.)

What a sweet gift from Elaine, she's so thoughtful! Hope you get more stitching time this month!

Sadie said...

HH is looking lovely :-) Such a cute ornament too.

valerie said...

Happy Hearts is really coming along...and the colors are so fun! The BOAF ornie is so cute! Can't wait to see how Deb finishes it!

Beautiful gift from Elaine!

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Happy Hearts is really looking good! What a lovely gift you got and your ornament finish is just darling. Enjoy lunch with your friend!

Natalia said...

I like your Happy Hearts, Lois !! Welcome back to the blogging world :-) Great job on your little ornament too !!

Katrina said...

Love your Happy Hearts!!! And cute ornament. Deb's finish is wonderful, can't wait to see what she does with it.

Sweet gift too :-).

Elaine said...

Happy Hearts is coming along beautifully Lois and love your cute Santa.
It was a joy to stitch you that little treat, so glad you liked it.
Hope you had a lovely time with your friend. Have a nice week-end, hugs!

Myra said...

Wonderful Santa finish and your happy hearts is very pretty. What a lovely gift from Elaine. Have a great weekend!

Denise said...

As usual, your stitching amazes us all! I just love the little Santa!
Happy Hearts is coming right along and I know it will be another one of your heirloom pieces.
Many blessings....

Catherine said...

What a cute finish and Happy Hearts looks great! What a sweet thank you from Elaine!

Giovanna said...

The Santa ornament is fabulous, well done! Great going on the sampler (so pretty!), and what a lovely gift from Elaine - good for you!

Brigitte said...

Happy Hearts is a very beautiful project and you made some nice progress on it. And the little Santa is so sweet. You are stitching very pretty things.
I'm not into rotation either. I just stitch on the project that calls my name, sometimes for one week, sometimes for a month or even longer. That's the way I like it, lol.

Sally said...

You've made lovely progress on Happy Hearts. It is so pretty.

Lovely ornament finish.

A lovely gift from Elaine :)

merumo said...

Very nice progress on BOAF’s Happy Hearts Sampler. I see nice and springy there... I know it's hard to rotate the projects, especially if you have some big WIPs. I wish I could discipline myself not to start anything before finish something... Gifts from your friend look lovely. You earned it!

Suzanne said...

Your BOAF pieces are really quite lovely.

Nice gift you received!

Berit said...

Gosh, what wonderful BoaFs! :D

I haven't been accomplishing much stitchy-wise, either.

Could it be (early wishful-thinking) Spring Fever?!

I have been working (and ripping out) with my sewing machine trying to figure out how to use it AND make a quilted box pattern/produce the box too at the same time.

At any rate, keep up the great work!

Cindy said...

Your Happy Hearts is coming along beautifully! LOVE BOAF & had never seen the lil Memories of Christmas Santa b4 ... he is TOOO CUTE! :)