Thursday, March 31, 2011

Rounding up March.....

Hi everyone! I want to start off by saying thank you for all the lovely comments that were left on my last post about my Happy Hearts finish. Thanks to everyone for taking the time to do that, it was lovely to read them all and there were quite a few new names in there so I really appreciate that. Talk about making a girl feel good about her stitching!! I seem to be suffering withdrawal symptoms from Happy Hearts and have been doing that thing of pulling out different charts and not being able to make up my mind which one to start. What I have managed to do this month though is keep on track with my monthly pieces. Didn’t manage it in January or February but somehow I’ve managed it in March!! So, here’s a round-up of those.

I’m back on track with the PS Twelve Days of Christmas blocks and here is #3. Stitched on 32ct natural linen and using the suggested DMC’s.


Then here’s the March pillow from A Primitive Calendar by Nikyscreations. For this one I used 32ct vintage country mocha with the suggested DMC.


And then my March Christmas ornament. I stayed with BOAF again this month and stitched the Christmas tree from the same chart as last month, Memories of Christmas. Not finished finished as this is another that will be making it’s way to Deb. Stitched on 32ct chestnut linen and using the suggested WDW.



Let’s see if I can keep on track in April!


As always, thanks for taking time to drop by. DS#1 is arriving home tonight and will be here until Sunday. I’m looking forward to seeing him, haven’t seen any of our three since Christmas so it’s starting to feel like it’s been a while. Mind you, I do have the small matter of moving a lot of stitching stash off his bed so he can actually sleep in it!!! Hope all is well with you and yours.


Until next time….

19 comments:

Sally said...

Lovely ornament finishes Lois.

Enjoy your time with your son.

Bertie said...

Lovely ornaments Lois, do like the Niki one very much, lovely to see you can stitch so much. I must get on with mine :)) The hen is lovely, where are the other 2 lol.
Have a great time with DS, 3 months is a long time!

Margaret said...

Gorgeous stitching! I love that PS series. They're all wonderful! I had to laugh about having to move the stitching stash off your DS's bed. lol! Isn't it nice to have him home for a few days?

Catherine said...

Lovely pieces!! Hopefully your withdrawal symptoms will subside soon! I've been through that as well!
Enjoy your time with your son!

Cindy's Stitching said...

I love ornaments. Very pretty.

Nancy said...

Lovely finishes! I especially love the PS one, might have to pull that one out of my stash to add to the "Oh, I have got to do this" pile!

Have a great visit with you son!

Sherry Smyth said...

Always love to see what you are currently working on...and I'm laughing at that bed being piled with "things"...it will be nice to have him home!

staci said...

Gorgeous stitching Lois! And really love your primitive pinpillow :) I've gotten behind on my ornie a month already, lol!

Have fun with your son!

Giovanna said...

Great finishes, congrats on all of them!

Berit said...

Looking good! Somehow, I admire you more for getting back in there and meeting a monthly goal after missing a time or two! Go, you! :D

They are beautiful ornaments, particularly the Niky's one.

Jan said...

Gosh I need to do this, update for March! What happened to March anyway? It went by so swiftly!! Hoping April seems to stick around a bit longer. Anyway, your small pieces are just as sweet as they can be, love all three! Congrats for staying on track, Lois!

valerie said...

Lovely stitching and finishing!

Jackie said...

Congratulations on your finishes. They're beautiful! I know you'll find the perfect project to stitch next.

Myra said...

Lois, all those smalls are so pretty. I am like you after a project - I pull out almost everything and have a tough time deciding on the "next one". Enjoy the time with your son and have a great weekend!

Natalia said...

Lois, I love all your pieces !!! I can't wait to see how you finish them. Enjoy your time with your DS !!

Carol said...

All of your finishes are looking lovely, Lois--good for you for keeping on track in March! I find it much harder to find stitching time once the nicer weather appears, don't you?

Enjoy your time with son #1, I haven't seen my youngest since Christmas time either--sure do miss him :)

Suzanne said...

Great ornaments you have stitched! I love the pincushion.

Denise said...

Amazing ornaments! You are really getting alot accomplished and they are all so lovely. I especially like the one from the Primitive
Calendar, such a sweet design.
Wishing you sunny days....

Siobhan said...

Good for you, Lois! They all look great. Kudos to you for keeping up to date with them!