Thursday, April 21, 2011

A BBD finish....

Hi everyone! A finish to share this time round! Yes, BBD’s Birds and Berries needlebook is completed and what a nice piece it was to work on. I loved the colours and well, I think I’m going to be on a BBD kick for another little while as there are several other designs in A Stitcher’s Journey that are calling my name.

This one is stitched on a piece of 32ct linen from my fabric stash and I used the suggested threads. My only change was that I stitched the year in the top right hand corner rather than 'No 2' that was originally charted. Believe it or not I’m contemplating finishing this one into a needlebook myself ! Having read the instructions and telling myself that all I have to do is sew straight seams I’m thinking I might give this a go. Now, as you know, I’m not the world’s most confident finisher so could be I’ll chicken out when I get to the bit but, I’d really like to give it a try.

The nice spring weather we’ve been having has continued (and yes, DH has had to cut the grass again!!!!). This week my daughter is home for a few days. As she hasn’t been here since Christmas it’s lovely to see her although already the time is going far too quickly. She leaves Saturday and that just feels like it'll be here in no time. Wishing you all a lovely Easter and if you’re spending it with family and friends, enjoy.

Until next time….

25 comments:

KarenV said...

What a pretty finish Lois, such lovely colours! I'm sure you'll do a great job finishing it into a needlebook :)

Happy Easter!

Bertie said...

Gorgeous Lois, it's a lovely piece and am sure you can finish it yourself, practise make perfect!
Have a lovely Easter with your family and enjoy the sun and lots of stitching:))

Faye said...

Lois, That turned out just beautiful~~ Definitely makes me want to kit this one up....Good job, Faye

Jackie said...

I have no doubt that you can do the finishing on this and do it well! Happy Easter.

natalyK said...

What a lovely finish. The colors are beautifully delicate.

The Sampler Girl said...

Wow! Stunning - love the soft colors of this one. Beautiful

Tanya

Mouse said...

lovely finish :) and don't panic about the finishing :) to help you get a straight line with draw a thread to use as a guide as to where you want your machine stitches to be and follow it when joining together .. does that make sense if now let me know and I shall do diagrams with more info on .lol love mouse xxx

Margaret said...

What a beautiful finish! I bet you can do the needlebook finish. I'll root you on!

pam said...

most definately a yummy piece. Put your big girl pants on a finsh it into a needlebook!

Carol said...

I think this was my favorite piece in the Stitcher's Journey book and your finish is just so sweet, Lois. I can see why you loved stitching it so much. Your finishing is always top-notch, so I'm sure you'll succed in doing a beautiful job on the needlebook :)

Enjoy your special time with your daughter and your Easter weekend!

gracie said...

just lovely...on my list to do also...

Teresa S. said...

This one makes me want to pull out my BBD book too! Really pretty and I can't wait to see it all finished into the needlebook :)

Chocolates4Breakfast (TerriBoog) said...

Beautiful finish, Lois! I am sure you will do a wonderful job "finishing" it, as well.

Enjoy the time with your DD and all your family and have a blessed Easter!

Katrina said...

Oh it's so pretty!!!! Congrats on the finish and enjoy your visit with your DD.

Karen said...

Very pretty... can't wait to see the finished needlebook!!!

happy stitching...

Sherry Smyth said...

Love the colours and I think you'll do a fine job of finishing this...I just know you will!! You can do it... :)

valerie said...

Your needlebook stitching is gorgeous! Just love the colors in this one. Finishing isn't so bad as long as you go slow and take your time. I'm not a very confident finisher either but I surprise myself every so often. You'll do great!

Catherine said...

What a sweet finish! I'm sure what ever you will chose to do with it, it will be wonderful!

Myra said...

OH Lois that is just gorgeous! I am sure you will do a great job finishing it. I hope you have a blessed Easter.

Natalia said...

I love your piece, Lois !!! Give finishing a try !! You just have to jump in and you'll do just fine.

Suzanne said...

What a very pretty finish! I look forward to seeing the needlebook finish, I am sure you will do a fantastic job.

Nicole said...

Beautiful finish! I just love this design!

Karoline said...

It's gorgeous Lois, congratulations

Sally said...

That is so pretty Lois. I am sure you will do just fine finishing i into a needlebook:)

Denise said...

Lois,
I can't wait to see this finished as a needlebook. I think I may have you do all of my finishing in the future....!!!
(I knew you'd love that!).