Tuesday, April 26, 2011

A finish finish for BBD's Birds & Berries

Hi everyone! Thanks for all your lovely comments last time round and all your encouragement for finishing this one myself. Yesterday was a cool and cloudy Easter Monday in my part of the world so the plans we had to take a drive and have a walk didn’t materialise. Instead, staying home seemed much more appealing. I reckoned that it was now or never as regards finishing BBD’s Birds and Berries Needlebook. So, out came the sewing machine and ….. ta da! ……

I did an online search for places in the UK stocking the fabric used to line the needlebook and found it here. It's the first time I’ve ordered from this company but I now have them bookmarked and will likely order from them again. I’d ordered before the cut-off time of 1pm for same day despatch and sure enough the fabric was put in the post the same day and arrived the next morning.

Instructions followed, sewing machine used and with thanks to my stitching friend Denise (no blog) who very kindly sent me an envelope of lovely buttons not so long ago, I even had the two buttons to stitch on.

I’m happy with how it turned out and, as I didn’t have a disaster (!!!), I’m hoping it will give me a bit more confidence for future finishing!

Until next time …..

32 comments:

Annie said...

That is such a lovely finish. Very nice fabric for the backing too.

It's great to find an on-line store you like. That one looks good, but I hate sites that play music when I arrive!

Bertie said...

You did a wonderful job Lois, I do love the backing fabric, you must be so pleased:))
The weather is turning here too, hopefully not for long:))

Valerie said...

Such a lovely piece! Wonderful job with the finishing!

valerie said...

Gorgeous finish Lois! You did a great job with the sewing and putting together part. :)

Mad about Craft said...

Beautiful!

I use this company often and they have never let me down.

Mouse said...

woooo hoooo ;0 so glad you took the plunge .. gorgeous finish :) off to go and look at the link .. love mouse xxxxxx

Babs in Alabama said...

It looks just like the one in the book, Lois! You stitched and finished it beautifully.
happy dances,
Babs

Margaret said...

Fantastic! What a beautiful finish! I love the BBD ladies -- they do a good job with their instructions too.

akaber9598 said...

This is also on my list of things to stitch and I only hope mine turned out as lovely as yours. You should definitely have confidence in your finishing!

pam said...

Well it looks just as pretty as a peach. You did a great job on the finish. It never hurts as bad as wt think it will. Enjoy!

Faye said...

Just beautiful Lois!! Excellent job...Faye

Maggie said...

Great finishing job, your needle book looks lovely :-)

Nancy said...

Beautiful! You finished it like a pro. Love the backing fabric!

Mary said...

It is lovely Lois and the backing material is a good choice. The company sounds great too.
Mary

dixiesamplardesigns said...

Oh, i just love your finish, Lois! It turned out beautifully...

Happy Stitchin'
Terri

Denise said...

This is another heirloom piece.
I know you will enjoy using this and will be the envy of all your stitching friends!

Giovanna said...

Oh my, so beautiful!! Congratulations!

Catherine said...

You did a wonderful job Lois! It's beautiful!!

KarenV said...

Lois, you did a fabulous job! I love the fabrics - I've used JB Quilting and they are very fast! It turned out really pretty and the buttons are perfect for it :)

Susan said...

Great job!!! It looks lovely!!
Congratulations!

Happy Stitching!

TeresaB said...

You did a fantastic job with the finishing. What a lovely piece! You'll enjoy using it.

Suzanne said...

You did such a wonderful job of the finishing. The lining fabric is such a beautiful colour.

Carol said...

I'm so proud of you, Lois! Your finishing and stitching both look just wonderful! If I ever stitch that piece maybe I'll send mine to you to finish, too :)

Will you be glued to the television watching the Royal Wedding tomorrow? Enjoy your weekend, my friend...

Sally said...

What a beautiful finish Lois. You did a fantastic job!

Brigitte said...

This is so beautiful. What a perfect little needlebook. Congratulations!

Karoline said...

It's gorgeous, congratulations

Lesleyanne said...

A gorgeous finish - the fabric is perfect. Going to have a look via the link - thank you.

Myra said...

I knew you could do it! It is gorgeous. I love the fabric inside but the stitching is divine. Great job!

Nicole said...

Beautiful finish!!! Love the fabric you chose! :)

Anne said...

The needlebook is perfect! I love the colours you used for the threads and the fabric!

Siobhan said...

Great job, Lois!! I love the finish AND your finishing! I'll email soon. ;)

Joy said...

Lovely finish!