Saturday, May 28, 2011

Some framing, an ornament and putting May behind me

Hi everyone! I think it’s fair to say that May has not been one of my better months for stitching. It’s been a funny old month around here, some good things going on, some bad and I guess for a while the bad outweighed the good and when that happens I tend to retreat a little. This morning though I went to my framer to pick up BOAF Happy Hearts Sampler that I’d left in with her a few weeks ago. Here it is….



And a close up of the frame….

I’m thrilled with what she’s done and I think it’s just what I needed to get my enthusiasm going again. I can see some stash diving going on later on this afternoon and hopefully I’ll have got my stitching mojo back a little.

Just as well I was enthusiastic about my Christmas ornament stitching at the start of the month. I did manage to stitch that before my needle ground to a halt and sent it off to KarenV to finish it for me. Here it is…

HE Merry Yule Santa stitched on some 28ct Heatherfield that I found in my stash – no idea of the name, I want to say Hickory, could be right, could be wrong!!!! It has a red and green fleck through it and I thought it would work well with the design. Can’t say that I really liked stitching on it (now I know why it’s been in my fabric stash for years!!!), too soft for me, but I love how it turned out and plan on using what I have left on a couple of other HE ornaments. I changed things slightly, didn’t use the Wisper for the beard, added a little jingle bell at the end of his hat instead of a colonial knot and didn’t stitch the pipe that he was smoking. Love the finishing that Karen did on this one – thanks Karen!

Aside from some stash diving this weekend I do have the May pillow from Nikyscreations stitched so want to get that put together. I also have my PS block from 12 Days of Christmas stitched so I have, at least, managed to keep with my monthly stitching commitments, just not much else!!!!

A blog question now! Has anyone else been having trouble leaving comments on posts? While I have got behind on commenting the last couple of weeks I’ve been trying to catch up in the last few days and sometimes Blogger will just not let me post, keeps telling me I have to sign in and then when I do it seems to kick me out again and I can get no further. I know there were issues with Blogger a couple of weeks ago with things going on with people’s posts so I’m wondering if they still have some gremlins in the works.

Have a nice weekend everyone. Hope all is well in your part of the world and thank you for dropping in on my little spot in blogland!
Until next time ....

25 comments:

Catherine said...

Love, love, love that frame!! And your ornament is so cute! I've had the same problem with comments - hope they fix it soon!

robindefender said...

Beautiful work. Regarding the posting problem... some friends of mine mentioned this yesterday, and said they were using Firefox and that clearing their caches and (maybe) cookies fixed the problem. Hope that helps!

Lesleyanne said...

Your framer did a great job on framing your stitching. Love your ornament finish. I am having the same trouble with commenting. Hope they fix it soon.

Lizzy said...

Oh, I LOVE your BoaF Happy Days Sampler finish, Lois and that frame is gorgeous... absolutely perfect! :) I do hope it helps to cheer you! It's so gorgeous! And your HE finish is so lovely and the fabric looks wonderful with it! Karen's finishing is as lovely as always...

Have fun with your stash-diving and I hope it brings some cheer to May's end... and June's beginning sees your stitching mojo returning in full force along with brighter days! I will be doing a wee bit of stash-diving myself today with the same hopes... :)

As for blogger... I found that if you don't check the wee box "remember me" when you sign in it will remember you and you can leave comments... too weird, I know!

Blessings always in stitches...

Bertie said...

Beautiful frame Lois! The wood looks fabulous, complements your sampler:))

Blogger has issues, this problem happened to me last week and my followers have gone missing, hopefully they put it right soon:)

Melissa said...

Lois, your BOAF finish is beautiful. I love this piece and have stitched it many years ago.

The ornament Karen finished for you is wonderful. Your tree will look spectacular the rate you're going!

As to leaving comments, I have always had problems where a blog has "comments below post" option. I can never leave a comment and I don't know why.

Margaret said...

Beautiful BOAF framing! Love the ornie that Karen finished for you too. Commenting has always had some problems periodically for me. I'm hoping I won't be having many problems!

Christina said...

Happy Hearts looks simply stunning in that frame.
Your HE ornie is just lovely - Karen's finishing is impeccable!
I'm having issues with blogger too, but only when I'm trying to blog. It doesn't let me save what I've written which can be very frustrating!

valerie said...

Great framing on Happy Hearts and I love how Karen finished your ornie!

Blogger has been problematic for many while they are doing some maintenance. I hope it gets resolved very soon.

carol fun said...

I LOVE that BoaF sampler - simply gorgeous! Your framer does a wonderful job. The frame really enhances the piece- happy stitching!

Deb said...

Lois, your framing is just perfect! You picked the perfect one! Your ornament looks wonderful too.

I think that a lot of us gave been having trouble Blogger. I hope that they get it cleared up soon.

Mary said...

Lovely to see your latest framed piece. Your ornament is very cute and Karen is doing a grat job on finishing.
Mary

Annie said...

Love the framing job. I bet that cheered you up! Very nice ornament too.

I've had some periodic problems with commenting and posting. Today things seem ok.

Karen said...

Your BOAF is so pretty... love the frame too. Such a nice pick me up to have!

Happy stitching this week....

Natalia said...

Lois, I like how your BOAF turned out, the frame goes with it so well !! Cute little ornament too !!
I haven't noticed any problems while leaving comments.

Sally said...

I love how this turned out Lois. The frame is so perfect.

Karen did a great job on finishing your ornament.

I haven't had problems leaving comments but my followers disappeared and I also had problems getting my moderated comments to post. It seems to be working OK now and my followers are back up so they must have fixed it- for now!

Giovanna said...

Congrats on the finished pieces, they're both gorgeous!

Lorrie said...

It is always a pick me up to have a newly framed piece in hand for me too! Then comes "where do I hang it?"
Happy Memorial Day weekend! Wishing you much stitching MoJo!

Katrina said...

Love your framed BOAF piece and the ornament is too cute!!! Hope things are better now :-).

Denise said...

'Happy Hearts' is amazing and I love the frame. Where do you plan to hang it? 'Merry Yule' is great!
The colors look remarkable on the fabric you used.
Glad to hear you are getting enthused about stitching again (we all have those 'down & out' times...!).
Can't wait to see what you come up with!

Siobhan said...

Oh my gosh, that is a fantastic frame job!! You must be so thrilled with it! I love what Karen did with your ornament, too. Gorgeous!

Blog commenting... sometimes I can, sometimes I get a 'service error 503' thingie and I can do nothing else. It's just blogger, though. ?? For awhile, my follower widget was blank on my blog, too. Urgh.

Carol said...

I'm glad May is over, too, Lois--it was just too busy for me with our trips and Steven's graduation. Hopefully, this month will be more relaxing :)

Your framed BOAF is amazing--I'll bet your thrilled to have it hanging in your home. And your HE ornament is adorable--I think you and Karen make a great team :)

Hopefully, the blogger problems are fixed by now--I don't seem to be having any troubles anyway :)

Hope you have a wonderfully relaxing weekend, Lois!

Karoline said...

Happy Hearts is gorgeous, congratulations

RuthB said...

Congrats on fine stitching and finishing... and here's to the return of your stitching happiness. We'll all be waiting eagerly to see what your stash diving turns up :)

I hope Blogger starts treating you better. I haven't had th eproblem, but then again I've been MIA a lot recently :)

Anne said...

The BOAF piece looks amazing in that rustic frame! Great choice! I have never seen that sampler before. I love the primitive style and would love to try a sampler some day. The colours are amazing and the numbers at the bottom are my favourite part of the piece (plus that odd looking flower with the date in the middle). Your christmas ornie is finished perfectly. I like the added bell on his hat!